Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 D3 Men's Schedules

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

    I'm with you...It's Fish's claim that the top D3 teams couldn't compete with mid-tier to bottom of the pack D1 teams that is crazy to me. I'm not saying Norwich, St. Norbert, Oswego, etc. would win every game vs. the bottom 5-10 teams...but to think they couldn't compete with them consistently on nightly basis is nuts to me given the little crossover evidence we have and the fact that a lot of these schools are recruiting against each other for the same kids.
    In D1, Adrian games like the 2 against BG would be fairly common. Penned in their own end, facing a large amount of shots. They were able to limit the quality shots (admittedly, BG struggles to generate a high amount of those), which kept them in the games. That's very similar to the bottom 3rd of the WCHA. I would put them closest to the bottom 2 teams in the WCHA. They could win a couple games that way, but not many.

    I'm sure the physicality of those 2 games would have been much different had they been competing for league points. Much respect to Adrian on that part. I really wish the NCAA would allow D1 vs D3 games to be counted as exhibition games, instead of regular NCAA games. I would much rather watch games like those BG-Adrian games than waiting for cheap shots while playing Canadian teams.

    Comment


    • Hopefully we get to see an exciting season....several schedules have been released already:

      Aurora:
      https://athletics.aurora.edu/sports/...dule/2020-2021

      Wis. Concordia:
      https://www.cuwfalcons.com/sports/mice/2020-21/schedule

      Lawrence:
      http://vikings.lawrence.edu/sports/m...20-21/schedule

      St. Scholastica:
      https://csssaints.com/sports/mens-ic...hedule/2020-21

      For canoe
      https://canoesurfer.net/

      Comment


      • Adrian picks up two more games against a Division I team. Lake Superior State will play a home and home with the Bulldogs on Friday and Sunday after LSSU had its series with Ferris State canceled due to positive tests in FSU’s program.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Adrian picks up two more games against a Division I team. Lake Superior State will play a home and home with the Bulldogs on Friday and Sunday after LSSU had its series with Ferris State canceled due to positive tests in FSU’s program.
          Nice take advantage of a bad situation,if the SUNYAC didnt prematurely end the season teams could probably do the same with the many D1 New York/eastern state teams.But no chance of that as they ended the season 3 months before it was even to start,nice job,I wonder how Oswego/Genny would have done vs,Gate,Clarkson,RIT,Niagara,Canisius etc....Best of luck to the Dogs this weekend,maybe we will be able to watch Sunday??
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-25-2020, 10:22 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

            I thought the “dregs of Division I” was Atlantic Hockey in your eyes. None of those schools listed play in that league.

            Also, no one is claiming top D3 can consistently beat Division 1 teams. Your “it’s not even close” mindset is off base and there is evidence to contradict it that you just refuse to hear.

            The top d3 teams could compete and do decent in Atlantic Hockey every year. Nearly every player on a Norwich, St. Norbert, Stevens Point, Oswego etc. drew Division I interest at some point or in some cases played at D-I before transfering. If all those schools are looking at the same players, wouldn’t those games inherently be competitive most nights?
            Look, I'm a D-3 fan and have been for 20+ years... But to claim that the two divisions are on anything resembling equal footing in terms of talent is clearly absurd. The AHA is D-1 Lite, and would rarely, if ever, garner an AL bid. It's quite possible that a 20/21 Norwich or Utica could be competitive (as in, mid-pack) in that environment, but neither would have any more of a shot at a PW bid than did every other team in the that conference.

            Sacred Heart was the top team in the AHA this past year, and finished PW #23. That's a typical outcome. Without the AQ, the AHA is the teats on a bull in D-1.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-25-2020, 10:36 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sacole13 View Post



              And I only give my opinion with no evidence.
              And BTW, BSU and ASU were 12 and 13 PW this past March, somewhat surprisingly. ASU in particular has gotten good in a hurry.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                Look, I'm a D-3 fan and have been for 20+ years... But to claim that the two divisions are on anything resembling equal footing in terms of talent is clearly absurd. The AHA is D-1 Lite, and would rarely, if ever, garner an AL bid. It's quite possible that a 20/21 Norwich or Utica could be competitive (as in, mid-pack) in that environment, but neither would have any more of a shot at a PW bid than did every other team in the that conference.

                Sacred Heart was the top team in the AHA this past year, and finished PW #23. That's a typical outcome. Without the AQ, the AHA is the teats on a bull in D-1.

                Remember guys, Adrian already has at least one victory against a DI team. They beat Huntsville in Huntsville on Jan. 5th, 2013. It was Senior Night for UAH. They were supposed to play a series but, if I recall correctly, the week of the series Adrian figured out that if they played on Saturday it would put them over their limit of games. So, they bussed down and back for the one game. Then, UAH played the Vanderbuilt club team on Saturday, beating them like 12-0. The Vandy goalie was so nervous, he ended up puking in his crease toward the end of the first period...He saw about 60 shots that night and, UAH only had about 13 skaters dressed due to team rule violations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                  Look, I'm a D-3 fan and have been for 20+ years... But to claim that the two divisions are on anything resembling equal footing in terms of talent is clearly absurd. The AHA is D-1 Lite, and would rarely, if ever, garner an AL bid. It's quite possible that a 20/21 Norwich or Utica could be competitive (as in, mid-pack) in that environment, but neither would have any more of a shot at a PW bid than did every other team in the that conference.

                  Sacred Heart was the top team in the AHA this past year, and finished PW #23. That's a typical outcome. Without the AQ, the AHA is the teats on a bull in D-1.
                  Now we’re starting to get a little bit closer to finding a middle ground in our discussion.

                  The last thing I’ll add is the Atlantic Hockey representative in the NCAA Tournament has won a first round game in four out of the last 5 years.

                  Have a Happy Thanksgiving all! Hopefully everyone will be able to make the most of these trying times with family and friends whether it be in person or virtually.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

                  Comment


                  • FYI Adrian is scheduled to play Lake Superior State twice this weekend.

                    https://adrianbulldogs.com/sports/m-...20201125spda7l

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

                      Now we’re starting to get a little bit closer to finding a middle ground in our discussion.

                      The last thing I’ll add is the Atlantic Hockey representative in the NCAA Tournament has won a first round game in four out of the last 5 years.

                      Have a Happy Thanksgiving all! Hopefully everyone will be able to make the most of these trying times with family and friends whether it be in person or virtually.
                      Agreed, any competent D-1 team has a shot to steal a game in a one-and-done scenario.

                      And, to agree again, I hope all you D-3 mavens salvaged something resembling a good Thanksgiving. We did it today with only three people present, but they were three of the closest people imaginable... And it was great, even at 6 feet. This pandemic has helped me to grasp what's truly important.

                      Enjoy your leftovers, brothers!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by net presence View Post


                        Remember guys, Adrian already has at least one victory against a DI team. They beat Huntsville in Huntsville on Jan. 5th, 2013. It was Senior Night for UAH. They were supposed to play a series but, if I recall correctly, the week of the series Adrian figured out that if they played on Saturday it would put them over their limit of games. So, they bussed down and back for the one game. Then, UAH played the Vanderbuilt club team on Saturday, beating them like 12-0. The Vandy goalie was so nervous, he ended up puking in his crease toward the end of the first period...He saw about 60 shots that night and, UAH only had about 13 skaters dressed due to team rule violations.
                        UAH is essentially a D-3 program. Has been for years and years.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                          FYI Adrian is scheduled to play Lake Superior State twice this weekend.

                          https://adrianbulldogs.com/sports/m-...20201125spda7l
                          I get Adrian wanting to play and I don’t blame them. I have enjoyed watching a couple of their games this season.

                          But, LSSU has had 2 separate Michigan schools back out this weekend because of Covid outbreaks in their locker rooms. Should I take this to mean that Adrian has no positive cases on their team, or they just aren’t testing?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by altazo View Post

                            I get Adrian wanting to play and I don’t blame them. I have enjoyed watching a couple of their games this season.

                            But, LSSU has had 2 separate Michigan schools back out this weekend because of Covid outbreaks in their locker rooms. Should I take this to mean that Adrian has no positive cases on their team, or they just aren’t testing?
                            As per USCHO on 11/25..."The Bulldogs testing regimen has followed both state of Michigan and WCHA return to competition protocols"( not sure which bulldogs they are referring to Adrian and Ferris are both bulldogs ...ugh...but I'll be a glass half full guy ;-))))....You see it is possible...also the last few articles in the D1 section discuss uncertainty,at least it is an issue and NOT the close the season 3 months early like a lot of D3 conferences have done,never even gave it a chance,cowards they are.
                            Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-27-2020, 10:19 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

                              As per USCHO on 11/25..."The Bulldogs testing regimen has followed both state of Michigan and WCHA return to competition protocols"( not sure which bulldogs they are referring to Adrian and Ferris are both bulldogs ...ugh...but I'll be a glass half full guy ;-))))....You see it is possible...also the last few articles in the D1 section discuss uncertainty,at least it is an issue and NOT the close the season 3 months early like a lot of D3 conferences have done,never even gave it a chance,cowards they are.
                              Hmmm, I wonder if it is Ferris that quote refers to?

                              Ironic, seeing as Ferris was one of schools originally scheduled to play LSSU this weekend... but they had to cancel due to a Covid outbreak on their team.
                              https://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-...20201126gj3dkc

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by altazo View Post

                                Hmmm, I wonder if it is Ferris that quote refers to?

                                Ironic, seeing as Ferris was one of schools originally scheduled to play LSSU this weekend... but they had to cancel due to a Covid outbreak on their team.
                                https://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-...20201126gj3dkc
                                Well at this point Adrian is doing something right,more than I can say about the majority of D3 teams,yes I know its the leagues that are canceling the seasons,but the teams have to push back as well,don't see any of that........drop the puck

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X