Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira Sanctioned by NCAA

https://www.weny.com/story/44568062/...aid-violations
    SHU Class of 2000. Heck at least I realize AH isn't that good.

The AD (titled as Associate VP for Athletics) for one of the years the violations occurred just took over as AD at Buffalo State...

Comment

We saw all this before when numerous schools were hit with something similar due to special discounts given to Canadian students, but the percentage of athletes (mainly hockey players of course) getting those benefits were much higher than the general student population.

One would have thought every D3 school would be aware by now to make sure those percentages for any benefits do not get out of whack between athletes and the general population.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        We saw all this before when numerous schools were hit with something similar due to special discounts given to Canadian students, but the percentage of athletes (mainly hockey players of course) getting those benefits were much higher than the general student population.

One would have thought every D3 school would be aware by now to make sure those percentages for any benefits do not get out of whack between athletes and the general population.
        And I believe Buff State was one of the schools that got nailed, so I guess the Elmira AD has gone to the right place. (Geneseo was also sanctioned previously as well.)

Comment

A bit more detail from the Elmira College Athletics site. (Also linked within the WENY story)
          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 08-29-2021, 12:58 PM.
          Dave
          RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post

And I believe Buff State was one of the schools that got nailed, so I guess the Elmira AD has gone to the right place. (Geneseo was also sanctioned previously as well.)
            As well as Potsdam, another SUNY school and a couple of non-SUNYAC teams. And Neumann, but they never took away their national championship despite that being one of the years which was cited.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

As well as Potsdam, another SUNY school and a couple of non-SUNYAC teams. And Neumann, but they never took away their national championship despite that being one of the years which was cited.
              After accepting the sanctions, Geneseo went undefeated the rest of the regular season, but was barred from post-season play.

Comment

Why wouldn't the former vice president of enrollment management cooperate? It's a nothing investigation....He seemingly did more harm by not cooperating.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                X