Sunyac 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post

I posted that before the home opener dates were announced, genius.
    So you were wrong and they were pretty close to right?
    #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
      Adding some late transfers that I didn't see before

Plattsburgh
      Marcus Mitchell- F- Nanaimo Clippers BCHL (3.75 Stars) National Rank- 77 (Transfer from Alaska Anchorage Sophomore)
      I suspect we'll see more of this with UAA's decision to do away with the hockey program.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post

So you were wrong and they were pretty close to right?
        I wasn’t saying it was untrue information. I was just questioning where it said that, because I hadn’t seen it anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
          Adding some late transfers that I didn't see before

Plattsburgh
          Marcus Mitchell- F- Nanaimo Clippers BCHL (3.75 Stars) National Rank- 77 (Transfer from Alaska Anchorage Sophomore)
          Missed Tommy Cahill transfer from Kings their leading scorer..6'4" 225 lbs forward
          ...Liam Haslam Dman 6' 1" 200lbs 3.5 with the National rank 160....Both to Oswego....didnt see them on the list...great job once again and hope to drop the puck asap
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-08-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Joe Kile Platty hockey player wrote a letter to the SUNYAC,that was from the heart and on the button...Could someone please post it here as I am not computer able ;-(((......maybe if enough people raise their voices we will see a YAC puck drop??..p.s. Can't believe it is not posted yet,by the Platty faithfull??..or maybe it's more Russian disinformation..;-)))

Comment

• Heres the link Bak-copy/paste

https://medium.com/@jkile001/dear-sunyac-2b6e8ed26a6d

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                thanks Oz also know there is a petition going around as well on twitter,unless they sensor that as well ;-))

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

thanks Oz also know there is a petition going around as well on twitter,unless they sensor that as well ;-))
                  There's also a petition on Change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/sunyac-rein...nter-athletics
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

There's also a petition on Change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/sunyac-rein...nter-athletics
                    signed it thanks

Comment

• Good to see you SUNY fans are putting ip the good fight.
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        I’m sorry, I feel bad for this kid and all players whose season has either been canceled or is in serious doubt, but this letter isn’t going to help.

It’s way too long, poorly written, and jumps all over the place. Stating that you and most of the players you know are only enrolled in college to play D3 hockey is detrimental to your objective.

A shorter, succinct letter from a senior SUNYAC captain would’ve been far more productive than the ramblings of a sophomore role player. I do however appreciate his passion and initiative.

Comment

• Agree 100% altazo....

The letter is definitely from the heart and one of those "what I was feeling" kind of writings, but that's not going to get you far....not that anything will especially with this state. Its really two-fold this issue. Unfortunately for too many years people have been suing (and winning) frivolous lawsuits, the liability (aka $$) alone a college would lose IF a player was severely affected by this (when it could have been avoided) no matter what precautions they put in place, would criple most any DIII school.

I dont agree with a lot of Cumos policies, or having my job threatened for crossing a border is absurd. But if you really thought he was going to allow little DIII hockey to play in his state (when it simply doesn't bring in the $$) and risk an outbreak (which im sorry is the dumbest thing ever).... hockey is probably one of the safest team sports TO play, but how would they know? USA Hockey has all said its safe (with precautions). Yet you have teenage boys basically body checking in short shorts and t-shirts in soccer....rarely did you have someone drip/rub sweat on you in hockey...

Or you get like one state which requires ALL forwards to wear a mask for the face off...because they are lined up next to each other...once play starts they can take it off til the next face-off....however if you know hockey the defenseman also lines up on a face-off sometimes, but that's okay....defenseman can't get covid?

Or now you have our gov telling us we cant go to Ohio because they have a COVID rate at 5.1.....meanwhile Pa is at 9.5 but thats okay...why? $$$ or a family member of New Yorks finest penitentiary whos from Queens at 12.5% can come up to Seneca County (.87%) but I can't wear a mask and go watch my kid play a hockey game in a hockey rink in Syracuse at 1.2%.....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Agree 100% altazo....

The letter is definitely from the heart and one of those "what I was feeling" kind of writings, but that's not going to get you far....not that anything will especially with this state. Its really two-fold this issue. Unfortunately for too many years people have been suing (and winning) frivolous lawsuits, the liability (aka $$) alone a college would lose IF a player was severely affected by this (when it could have been avoided) no matter what precautions they put in place, would criple most any DIII school.

I dont agree with a lot of Cumos policies, or having my job threatened for crossing a border is absurd. But if you really thought he was going to allow little DIII hockey to play in his state (when it simply doesn't bring in the $$) and risk an outbreak (which im sorry is the dumbest thing ever).... hockey is probably one of the safest team sports TO play, but how would they know? USA Hockey has all said its safe (with precautions). Yet you have teenage boys basically body checking in short shorts and t-shirts in soccer....rarely did you have someone drip/rub sweat on you in hockey...

Or you get like one state which requires ALL forwards to wear a mask for the face off...because they are lined up next to each other...once play starts they can take it off til the next face-off....however if you know hockey the defenseman also lines up on a face-off sometimes, but that's okay....defenseman can't get covid?

Or now you have our gov telling us we cant go to Ohio because they have a COVID rate at 5.1.....meanwhile Pa is at 9.5 but thats okay...why? $$$ or a family member of New Yorks finest penitentiary whos from Queens at 12.5% can come up to Seneca County (.87%) but I can't wear a mask and go watch my kid play a hockey game in a hockey rink in Syracuse at 1.2%.....
                            Another astute post from you. Enjoy the surge.

(And it's spelled "Cuomo", not that I'm a big fan... But he's actually contained this thing sooooo much better than has The Clown.)

It's pretty obvious that you can't take effective precautions in just about any sport aside from tennis right now. Why even try. Forget about this Fall/Winter/Spring, and take the vaccine when available, and go from there.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-27-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Re: Sunyac 20-21

Platty picks up a offensive minded Dman ..Devin Kasperek..6' 170lbs one of the top scoring Dmen in the NCDC...
                              Not that it's all that surprising given the cancellation of the SUNYAC's hockey season, but I'm hearing through the grapevine that Kasperek, a D1 level talent, won't be at Platty this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Not that it's all that surprising given the cancellation of the SUNYAC's hockey season, but I'm hearing through the grapevine that Kasperek, a D1 level talent, won't be at Platty this fall.
                                That sucks if true,don't want to lose players due to this crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X