Sunyac 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post
    We lost Stockdale and Vitucci to D1 UAH, but picked up freshman Koutsomitis and a transfer of some sort to be named. I think that's right anyway.
    Said it b4,me's thunk's you will see the 2 of them in the near future,just a hunch...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Said it b4,me's thunk's you will see the 2 of them in the near future,just a hunch...
      Yep, not sure if they've figured out where/how to get the funds to play beyond this year's "go fund me" Covid-shortened season.

Comment

• Not much going on BUT Genny picks up a nice transfer from Endicott,Ricky Carballo forward,looks to sat out a yr,but had nice #'s and was near the top in the NAHL the year before...Enjoy the rest of the summer..

Comment

• It looks like we'll have some news on SUNYAC hockey plans in a week or so. Hopefully, games will begin early/mid February. Just AQs for Championships, no At-Large bids. It also looks like student-athletes won't lose a year of eligibility for playing this year during a truncated season. That will obviously be a potential benefit to schools with grad. programs.

Comment

It looks like we'll have some news on SUNYAC hockey plans in a week or so. Hopefully, games will begin early/mid February. Just AQs for Championships, no At-Large bids. It also looks like student-athletes won't lose a year of eligibility for playing this year during a truncated season. That will obviously be a potential benefit to schools with grad. programs.
            That will depend on how many games each school plays. The NCAA released a blanket number of games played in for each sport to not lose eligibility.

For men’s and women’s ice hockey teams can play 12 games and will not be charged a season of eligibility. The only question is, will conference (if they happen) and or NCAA tournament games count in that number.

If conference tournaments happen, you could have as many as seven extra playoff games played with the NCAAs.

with that being said, if conference tourneys aren’t played and ncaa games don’t count, I think you’ll see a lot of 12 game conference schedules this year....
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• I think there's the presumption of very much reduced schedules, especially with games starting in February.

Comment

I think there's the presumption of very much reduced schedules, especially with games starting in February.
                I've kind of had it, I see a lot of college football going on and as I stated in the womens thread my daughter 13 y.o., plays travel volleyball indoor, and they are full steam ahead, with all precautions taken of course.....drop the puck

Comment

• Don't take this the wrong way, but volleyball is NOT to be going on full steam ahead per NYS guidelines (and again not that I agree with them) unless I am missing something. Volleyball is in the same category as ice hockey - practice, no games, no scrimmage.

However, the funny part is what we are doing to "get around" the dweeb up in Albany'd wrath. Can't play games in NY? No problem, teams are playing across state borders which is promoting more travel, more exposure ect ect. Or the better one I like... Team A from Syracuse schedules a legal practice at Rink Y at 12:00pm. Team B from Buffalo calls Rink Y and Rink Y overbooks the ice...Team A from Syracuse and Team B from Buffalo show up to Rink Y at 12:00pm.....Rink Y doesnt want to upset either team so they let them go on the ice together to "practice". Amazingly enough sometimes you even find two random skaters in what appears to be referee jerseys....and then the following week Team C from Albany shows up.... what a coincidence

I am all for you guys sticking the middle finger up to the Gov. bak, we are all right there with you believe me. How kids can be playing soccer (and Ive seen 13U girls soccer hit harder than my 12U boys hockey do) in shorts and t-shirts yet hockey cant go on in full pads? We've been practicing/running clinics for weeks now. I've even driven to a hot bed state for a goalie clinic in August...no covid...
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I think there's the presumption of very much reduced schedules, especially with games starting in February.
                    Where does it say February? I believe the plan is to hopefully start after January 1. At least that’s what I’ve read for other conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post

Where does it say February? I believe the plan is to hopefully start after January 1. At least that’s what I’ve read for other conferences.
                      All dates are arbitrary and hopeful moving targets right now.

No one knows anything concrete at this point. Schools are still determining when they are going to try to bring students back for the spring semester, if they do end up bringing them back after seeing how things go for October and November when the inevitable happens of people showing cold/flu symptoms.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Don't take this the wrong way, but volleyball is NOT to be going on full steam ahead per NYS guidelines (and again not that I agree with them) unless I am missing something. Volleyball is in the same category as ice hockey - practice, no games, no scrimmage.

However, the funny part is what we are doing to "get around" the dweeb up in Albany'd wrath. Can't play games in NY? No problem, teams are playing across state borders which is promoting more travel, more exposure ect ect. Or the better one I like... Team A from Syracuse schedules a legal practice at Rink Y at 12:00pm. Team B from Buffalo calls Rink Y and Rink Y overbooks the ice...Team A from Syracuse and Team B from Buffalo show up to Rink Y at 12:00pm.....Rink Y doesnt want to upset either team so they let them go on the ice together to "practice". Amazingly enough sometimes you even find two random skaters in what appears to be referee jerseys....and then the following week Team C from Albany shows up.... what a coincidence

I am all for you guys sticking the middle finger up to the Gov. bak, we are all right there with you believe me. How kids can be playing soccer (and Ive seen 13U girls soccer hit harder than my 12U boys hockey do) in shorts and t-shirts yet hockey cant go on in full pads? We've been practicing/running clinics for weeks now. I've even driven to a hot bed state for a goalie clinic in August...no covid...
                        Hey get around it anyway you/we can,don't get me wrong take the pre-cautions,and move on...Cant speak for NYS volleyball,but her private Orange County club/travel team is playing a ton of ball,she doing 12 hrs per week inside,no parents can go in,mask worn into facility then taken off to play NBD.. etc etc,games are being played under all guidelines so I guess everyone has different experiences even within NYS....drop the puck...As far a school Volleyball,fall season has gone to the spring,who knows what the Dweb,and thats being nice, will do then?

Comment

• Adding some late transfers that I didn't see before

Plattsburgh
                          Marcus Mitchell- F- Nanaimo Clippers BCHL (3.75 Stars) National Rank- 77 (Transfer from Alaska Anchorage Sophomore)

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post

The season opener for Geneseo is tentatively scheduled for 1/31. That's pretty close to February.

Comment

The season opener for Geneseo is tentatively scheduled for 1/31. That's pretty close to February.
                              I posted that before the home opener dates were announced, genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                                Adding some late transfers that I didn't see before

Plattsburgh
                                Marcus Mitchell- F- Nanaimo Clippers BCHL (3.75 Stars) National Rank- 77 (Transfer from Alaska Anchorage Sophomore)
                                Looks like a quality pick up...

Comment

Working...
                                X