No announcement yet.

Sunyac 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hopeful to see live hockey in the upcoming season. We all know the Bears are going to run the table in the SUNYAC. Lol
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Former Geneseo Knight Mike MacDonald taking over at Wisconsin-Stout.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2020/6/9...o-new-era.aspx

Comment

• SUNYAC announced East/West division for a lot of upcoming sports. Will be interesting to see if they do it for winter/hockey as well.....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• The NCAA has proposed a 3 V3 in overtime for all conference games. If nobody scores in the 5 minute OT then there will be a shootout. Is this going to apply to D3 and the SUNYAC??

Comment

• Originally posted by Shield View Post
            The NCAA has proposed a 3 V3 in overtime for all conference games. If nobody scores in the 5 minute OT then there will be a shootout. Is this going to apply to D3 and the SUNYAC??
            If it's passed, my understanding is yes. I think they are trying to more closely match their game to the next level (NHL)... I would welcome it. I don't find the 5 minutes of 5v5 to be very interesting. I find most teams are trying not to lose the point for a tie than going for the win.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Oswego Recruit-

Tyler Flack -F - North York Rangers OJHL (3.50 stars) League Rank- 15 National Rank- 287

Geneseo Recruit-

Nathan Poolman -D - Winkler Flyers MJHL (3.25 stars) League Rank- 3

Buffalo St Recruit-

Regnars Udris -D - Florida Eels USPHL (Not Rated)
              Last edited by dmac1103; 06-22-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                Oswego Recruit-

Tyler Flack -F - North York Rangers OJHL (3.50 stars) League Rank- 15 National Rank- 287

Geneseo Recruit-

Nathan Poolman -D - Winkler Flyers MJHL (3.25 stars) League Rank- 3

Buffalo St Recruit-

Regnars Udris -D - Florida Eels USPHL (Not Rated)
                Beat me to it was going to post the Flack p/u...Best of luck to him,another 3.5 recruit must have a nice average by now...

Comment

• Oswego Recruit-

Liam Haslam -D - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights NAHL (3.50 stars) League Rank- 44 National Rank- 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Shield View Post
                    The NCAA has proposed a 3 V3 in overtime for all conference games. If nobody scores in the 5 minute OT then there will be a shootout. Is this going to apply to D3 and the SUNYAC??
                    I think the SUNYAC will be discussing winter sports over the next couple weeks. I'll post whatever news I have re the 2020-2021 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                      Oswego Recruit-

Liam Haslam -D - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights NAHL (3.50 stars) League Rank- 44 National Rank- 160
                      Wow another 3.5 star recruit looks like a stay at home dman with some offensive ability,National rank of 160 seems exceptional compared to all the other recruits,not sure how much these things count but looks good from here...Dmac didn't see Tommy Cahill on your recruit list coming over from Kings I believe,their top scorer..
                      Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-24-2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post

I think the SUNYAC will be discussing winter sports over the next couple weeks. I'll post whatever news I have re the 2020-2021 season.
                        I don't have high hopes - NYC just cancelled the NYC Marathon in NOVEMBER...Malls and gyms have no idea when (or if) they'll be allowed to open. SUNY seems to be a pretty large opportunity of control for Governor Cuomo. I don't see him passing on using it. I'll be stunned if there are students on campus for Fall 2020.
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

I don't have high hopes - NYC just cancelled the NYC Marathon in NOVEMBER...Malls and gyms have no idea when (or if) they'll be allowed to open. SUNY seems to be a pretty large opportunity of control for Governor Cuomo. I don't see him passing on using it. I'll be stunned if there are students on campus for Fall 2020.
                          The SUNYAC has recently made plans for Fall sports to commence and most campuses are planning some kind of hybrid instruction in the Fall with smaller classes. Unless, New York's Covid numbers rise again or there are definite signs of a second wave beginning, I think we'll see some kind of on-campus activity in the Fall. Of course that might not hold for campuses in urban areas where "reopening" is moving more slowly.

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

I have a buddy who has a daughter who goes to Binghampton,told they will be going back,coming home thanksgiving,then not back til after winter break,I guess giving them 3 months with fingers xed…..Who knows what will actually happen??

Comment

• Yea that's what a lot of Colleges are planning right now. I will say on the "hockey" front, it is a complete mess what they want rinks and teams to do. A few of us have been sneaking down to a local rink to get some ice time. Its show up 15 minutes prior to your ice slot, get dressed in a parking lot, go in, two people per locker room, put your skates and helmet on, one player goes out one door, and one to the other. When youre done, you have 15 minutes to clear the rink. No showers, no changing, no socializing. There is then an hour break before the next group can come in.

On the ice, us coaches have to wear a mask if we are with in 6 feet of a player. Only two coaches on the ice at a time. Right now we can only have 10 people total on the ice at a time, so we are looking at splitting our teams up into two groups. There is talk that USA Hockey will limit team rosters to 12 players, which is great since they made us fill a roster with out having tryouts and we have a larger roster than 12. So if they come down with this rule we get to tell kids "sorry but you're signed, but you're cut".

For some of us in NY we can start "legally?" begin skating in extreme small groups. Non contact drills, and must maintain 6 feet and still follow all the guidelines above.

I honestly don't see how you will have a DIII schedule. The schools will not want the liability of bringing in teams from other states to play a sport that (for the most part) loses money for the school. Look at the NESCAC...planning on starting Jan 1. Other leagues not allowing overnight trips. So Plattsburgh has to travel to Oswego, play, and travel home? A lot of home and home weekends. Buffalo trips are pretty much out. Are they going to be like baseball and get rid of conferences and just do regional play to limit travel?

Now you have the Tri-State Gov. putting travel restrictions from high rate states. While most are from the West/SouthEast, what happens when it creeps back north? So Mass has a spike, do we cancel all games with them now?

A lot of moving parts with no real finish line in site....
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                                Former Geneseo Knight Mike MacDonald taking over at Wisconsin-Stout.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2020/6/9...o-new-era.aspx
                                Congrats to Coach MacDonald. I remember he was a very skilled player and always the fastest skater on the ice. Best of luck at Stout
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X