What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Long, long trips, both for the players and their families.
    You think the 5-6 hour trip to Pittsburgh was short?

And if they get a lot of players from New England, those are shorter trips for the families to all the away games in the region.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: What are you looking forward to with your team in 2020-21

With Suffolk joining the CCC next year, what will the schedule look like? I also need to wonder how a nine team conference vs. a ten team conference will impact or affect the PWR ratings. I can't believe that it was mere coincidence that when the CCC was a ten team conference, they placed 3 teams in the NCAA and, for the past two years the NEHC has been a ten team conference, they placed three teams in the NCAA.

I am sure there is a mathematical solution to this, but I was a history teacher, so...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
        With Suffolk joining the CCC next year, what will the schedule look like? I also need to wonder how a nine team conference vs. a ten team conference will impact or affect the PWR ratings. I can't believe that it was mere coincidence that when the CCC was a ten team conference, they placed 3 teams in the NCAA and, for the past two years the NEHC has been a ten team conference, they placed three teams in the NCAA.

I am sure there is a mathematical solution to this, but I was a history teacher, so...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it!
        The number of teams has nothing to with it - it's who the teams play and how they succeed and how the teams you play succeed.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I am looking forward to a focused start to the season and a return to NCAA’s for SNC in ‘20-‘21.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The number of teams has nothing to with it - it's who the teams play and how they succeed and how the teams you play succeed.
            Plus you need a conference stratified into haves and have nots with a small middle group.

The ECAC-West lost out on a Pool B bid a few years ago because the conference had achieved parity.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am looking forward to new compressors at the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena...that can make ice and keep the ice frozen...for an entire season...with games played on that ice...for an entire season.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                I am looking forward to new compressors at the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena...that can make ice and keep the ice frozen...for an entire season...with games played on that ice...for an entire season.
                Post of the week!
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

It would be nice to see the Lakers score on odd man rushes and have a PP that can score on a 5 on 3 PP. I think we are 0 for 37 over the last 3 years.
                  Oswego'88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                    It would be nice to see the Lakers score on odd man rushes and have a PP that can score on a 5 on 3 PP. I think we are 0 for 37 over the last 3 years.
                    Oswego'88
                    Man you want everything don't you...…..Fresh ice and PPG's sounds good to me...

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post

CCC 16 game conference schedule in 9 team league. 9 non-conference games which can help if teams play well out of conference.
                      Looking for the top to remain the same: Endicott, UNE, Curry, Salve, Nichols. Salve only loses 1 player and return a senior group of 10 players that were in National championship as freshman. Need to stay out of penalty box and get better goaltending. This group is talented. Endicott lost a few good players but return a lot a good players, UNE loses Bloom and some good talent, and I’m hearing Churchfiled is leaving?? Curry will be strong again returning their top guys but will need to replace Ketola in goal. Nichols will need to replace some core guys in Baker, Davidson, Crivello, and Mangone. Can WIT build on their playoff success?? Suffolk will be a tough game.
                      A lot will depend on who they all bring in this fall.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        I am looking forward to a focused start to the season and a return to NCAA’s for SNC in ‘20-‘21.
                        + Coghlin's 600th win
                        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Man you want everything don't you...…..Fresh ice and PPG's sounds good to me...
                          I don't think that is to much. I could have asked that someone else win Chuck a puck during White Out weekend!!! Haha hope all is well with you and family.
                          Oswego '88

Comment

I would like to see a better Norwich team that no goals are scored upon , a better defense, higher scoring forwards, and an outstanding goal tender (or maybe one at least as good as Tom)..................what the hell am I thinking?? Well, I'm almost 85 now aren't I, and can't go out of the house.

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                              I would like to see a better Norwich team that no goals are scored upon , a better defense, higher scoring forwards, and an outstanding goal tender (or maybe one at least as good as Tom)..................what the hell am I thinking?? Well, I'm almost 85 now aren't I, and can't go out of the house.
                              My Dad, NU 55', is hanging around as well out on Long Island and in the house for now...be well

Comment

as difficult as it is to try to pick up where you left off,i would like to see a strong freshmen class try to replace that special senior class at Norwich--a difficult job for sure!!i thought this years ncaa tournament was stacked with quality teams-- would have been interesting to see which team pervailed at the end !

Comment

Working...
                                X