2021-2022 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Well they didnt do sh*t last year so it wouldn't surprise me.......
    I considered that. But that logic doesn't make complete sense. Outside of the UCHC, every eastern conference cancelled their season. So, if anyone is gun shy about picking up a SUNYAC opponent for a nonconference game, that applies to all the other teams except UCHC teams.

Besides, I'm not worried about this year's season. Even if the Delta variant gets out of control because not enough people wind up getting vaccinated, I think the approach will be more measured, and the season will happen. Maybe without fans (or at least unvaccinated fans), but it will happen.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Umm no it wasn't. We had to fight just to get state qualifying games allowed in NON adjacent counties. That was a last second decision. On top of that SEVERAL rinks never opened and were not going to open for 2 months of D III college hockey. The restrictions didn't change in MOST rinks. Heck we still weren't allowed in some rinks at the start of the summer. Did you talk to the NYS committee to hear that it was a last minute decision to even host states, or under pressure because (other states were). There's zero exaggeration. 85% of the rinks we went to was zero spectator allowance including the NYS tournament, but yea thats back to normal. We were still changing in the parking lot in April and May for practices at the rinks.

Would they tho? With King Cuomo? Lol sure okay. NYS had one of the strictest sport protocols around because of his rules. Counties were scared to go against the King, still are. Meanwhile we are going to PA, CT and Mass to play with little to no restrictions during some of it. I would say April things started to become "normal", that's way to late to start a "season" in NYS. Ask the big wigs at the Utica Comets if they were happy there was a season. Nope. Putting a hockey team on the ice is one of the most expensive sports at the DIII level. Something a lot of struggling already SUNYAC schools wanted no part in risking. Be it from COVID or King Cuomo.
      Start of summer? Bill Grays, Northtown Center, Brewster Ice Arena - 3 of the largest rinks in the state - have been open full swing since Febuary. No temp checks, no limit on spectators, kids in locker rooms. I dont really care what your NYS committee said because clearly their “restrictions” meant very little and rinks were wide open.

The SUNY schools all have on campus rinks, no kidding the schools didnt want to open them. It was a disastrous year for colleges and universities financially, they were cutting expenses wherever they could. Still doesnt make sense why alot of the northeast schools shut it down though. You seem to forget Utica College was letting fans in by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Start of summer? Bill Grays, Northtown Center, Brewster Ice Arena - 3 of the largest rinks in the state - have been open full swing since Febuary. No temp checks, no limit on spectators, kids in locker rooms. I dont really care what your NYS committee said because clearly their “restrictions” meant very little and rinks were wide open.
        Funny no fans in the stands at Northtown in April lol so must be their "restrictions" did mean something, but what would I know. Bill Grays having to shut down in April right before tryouts is another one lol sorry bud, no clue. And yes, the start of summer I was still not allowed into some rinks for my daughters summer team. Some started to open with restrictions (some none). Our own rink was still contact tracing, temp checks, no locker rooms until we closed the doors in April, so yes there were still some rinks. Poloncarz was having none of it, actually threatening criminal actions if you took your kids out of the county to play hockey. I believe it was Hamburg who also got fined for allowing a team to travel to play in a tournament.

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        The SUNY schools all have on campus rinks, no kidding the schools didnt want to open them. It was a disastrous year for colleges and universities financially, they were cutting expenses wherever they could. Still doesnt make sense why a lot of the northeast schools shut it down though. You seem to forget Utica College was letting fans in by the end of the year.
        You just answered your own question and exactly what I was talking about. It was anywhere from $35 to $55 per test per player for us to travel to PA to play. Youre talking $1500 per game for testing alone, thats if they can find a lab willing to do it rapidly. Schools, especially already financially struggling schools, were not going to open up dorms, pay to have kids tested over and over again to play hockey with zero fans when they could save money and cancel a season.

Very well aware of Utica, my assistant coach is one of the rink managers there. Just because they were does not mean everyone else was. We are talking APRIL by that point. Every rink, every county, had different rules and protocols. I dealt with it first hand all winter/spring/summer.

So again no, there was no exaggeration.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Funny no fans in the stands at Northtown in April lol so must be their "restrictions" did mean something, but what would I know. Bill Grays having to shut down in April right before tryouts is another one lol sorry bud, no clue. And yes, the start of summer I was still not allowed into some rinks for my daughters summer team. Some started to open with restrictions (some none). Our own rink was still contact tracing, temp checks, no locker rooms until we closed the doors in April, so yes there were still some rinks. Poloncarz was having none of it, actually threatening criminal actions if you took your kids out of the county to play hockey. I believe it was Hamburg who also got fined for allowing a team to travel to play in a tournament.

You just answered your own question and exactly what I was talking about. It was anywhere from $35 to $55 per test per player for us to travel to PA to play. Youre talking $1500 per game for testing alone, thats if they can find a lab willing to do it rapidly. Schools, especially already financially struggling schools, were not going to open up dorms, pay to have kids tested over and over again to play hockey with zero fans when they could save money and cancel a season.

Very well aware of Utica, my assistant coach is one of the rink managers there. Just because they were does not mean everyone else was. We are talking APRIL by that point. Every rink, every county, had different rules and protocols. I dealt with it first hand all winter/spring/summer.

So again no, there was no exaggeration.
          Crazy - I was in Northtown and Bill Grays in Feb and there were parents in the stands on all sheets, kids in locker rooms getting dressed at all sheets, nobody at the door taking temps. I must have been hallucinating then. Listen, nobody was playing by the book except, as it sounds, your team, which is fine.

Poloncarz did nothing - the Jr Sabres 16u/18u played in Rochester and Syracuse both in Feb, you can confirm that online. You are over selling it like it was a war zone trying to play games, it wasn't. From mid January on all AAA orgs were playing games in NY, PA, MA, CT every weekend.

Listen - Utica College isn't the most financially well-off school by any means in D3 hockey and they were able to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Either I didn't notice it before or Canton updated their schedule.

In any case, I now notice Canton is in the Pathfinder Bank/Oswego Hockey Classic. The tournament will be Saturday-Sunday, January 1-2. Canton plays Skidmore at 3:00 followed by Oswego vs. TBA for the first day.
            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 07-17-2021, 09:18 PM.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Either I didn't notice it before or Canton updated their schedule.

In any case, I now notice Canton is in the Pathfinder Bank/Oswego Hockey Classic. The tournament will be Saturday-Sunday, January 1-2. Canton plays Skidmore at 3:00 followed by Oswego vs. TBA for the first day.
              that TBA can be a bracket buster ;-)))

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

that TBA can be a bracket buster ;-)))
                And they are always in contention for the national championship!
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Chatham schedule:

https://gochathamcougars.com/sports/...ockey/schedule
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Trine schedule:

https://www.trinethunder.com/sports/...21-22/schedule
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

UMass-Dartmouth Schedule:

https://corsairathletics.com/sports/...ockey/schedule
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

St. Michael's schedule:

https://www.smcathletics.com/sports/...21-22/schedule
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Babson schedule:

https://www.babsonathletics.com/spor...21-22/schedule
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

looks like they are headed to Long Island to play D1 LIU for a 2 game set..

Comment

Fredonia is the first SUNYAC school to announce their schedule:

https://fredoniabluedevils.com/sport...ockey/schedule
                              Hey Russ - Does the Fredonia schedule not violate the First Contest by-law?

17.14.2 Preseason Practice A member institution shall not commence on-ice practice sessions in ice hockey before the second Monday in October. (11th)

17.14.3 First Contest. A member institution shall not play its first contest (game, exhibition or scrimmage) against outside competition in ice hockey before the third Friday following the first permissible practice date,

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

Hey Russ - Does the Fredonia schedule not violate the First Contest by-law?

17.14.2 Preseason Practice A member institution shall not commence on-ice practice sessions in ice hockey before the second Monday in October. (11th)

17.14.3 First Contest. A member institution shall not play its first contest (game, exhibition or scrimmage) against outside competition in ice hockey before the third Friday following the first permissible practice date,
                                Other teams are scheduling scrimmages with similar dates. And I've seen it done last year (before things got cancelled). So, I doubt everybody is messing it up. There must be some other ruling we are missing.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X