X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-2022 Schedules

UWSP announces their upcoming schedule:

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/sports/me...ockey/schedule

Decent strength for OOC and low cost travel with only four or five games that will require a night in a hotel.

Starting with Norbert is an interesting choice instead of the usual weak warm up games.

Originally posted by Quasi Hatrack View Post
    Starting with Norbert is an interesting choice instead of the usual weak warm up games.
    UWSP and SNC started the 2019-20 season with a home and home as well.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Oswego started off the season a few times with the U18 USA team,great way to get the players jacked up for the season,would love to see it again..

Comment

Fredonia is the first SUNYAC school to announce their schedule:

https://fredoniabluedevils.com/sport...ockey/schedule
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Fredonia is the first SUNYAC school to announce their schedule:

https://fredoniabluedevils.com/sport...ockey/schedule
          good to see they are at least scheduling games,but who knows with the YAC

Comment

USM's 2021-22 Schedule

2021-22 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule - University of Southern Maine (southernmainehuskies.com)

Comment

2021-22 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule - University of Southern Maine (southernmainehuskies.com)

Comment

Curry schedule:

https://www.curryathletics.com/sport...21-22/schedule
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Canton schedule:

https://rooathletics.com/sports/mens...hedule/2021-22

Interesting how they could potentially be playing Potsdam four times, depending on how their tournament pans out. It will definitely be three times.

We already know Fredonia is in Buffalo State's tournament. Are SUNYAC schools struggling to get out of conference games?
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Anna Maria schedule:

https://goamcats.com/sports/mice/2021-22/schedule
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Canton schedule:

https://rooathletics.com/sports/mens...hedule/2021-22

Interesting how they could potentially be playing Potsdam four times, depending on how their tournament pans out. It will definitely be three times.

We already know Fredonia is in Buffalo State's tournament. Are SUNYAC schools struggling to get out of conference games?
                      Well they didnt do sh*t last year so it wouldn't surprise me.......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Well they didnt do sh*t last year so it wouldn't surprise me.......
                        You do realize that is was not just the SUNYAC...ALL of NYS was shut down. We had to play game in Pa until things were lifted after the new year. On top of that, SEVERAL rinks remained closed causing a massive cluster trying to get practice ice, putting ice at a premium cost. On top of that, all the ridiculous COVID protocols (temp checks, tracking, no locker rooms, getting dressed outside in 10 degrees, 10 minute pre-entry, 15 minute post exit, no fans/no parents, no vendors, referee shortage, staff shortage to run rinks, funding to keep rinks open, I can go on). And even after that, you were not getting 18-24 year olds to live in a bubble. If one player tested positive, they would have been shut down. Schools were not willing to spend the $$ to put a team on the ice, just to get shut down. They don't have the budget like big DI schools do. On top of that we still live in a land of lawsuits. Mommy and Daddy would be so happy to go sue happy if their little boy or little girl got sick with COVID by playing hockey (even though we all know 99% of hockey cases never came from "the game" itself). Colleges didn't want to be responsible, exactly why most of them are requiring the vaccine to attend in September which I think will cause a major decline in enrollment.

Yes it sucked, but I can tell you this, as of our current state (being to our own largest youth hockey league meeting in NY, and our statewide league meeting) hockey will be a go all the way around. You will have some schools limiting fan participation on a school by school basis (at least here in NY) but hockey is here. We have begun an almost "normal" return, no masks, locker rooms open, fans in the stands, no temp checks, no more tracing. Though I will say scheduling my tournaments for next season, and paying for summer ice for my team, don't be surprised to see the cost of a game go up $$ to help soften the blow of taking a year off. We are seeing roughly a $25-$40 increase per hour in ice and $200-$300 more per tournament this year. Even USA Hockey is looking to eliminate the "free" hockey (no cost registrations) for the 8U and 6U levels to help increase their pocket books. But the biggest thing will be finding the help to cover games, practices ect. If its anything like it is now, some public rinks might not be able to open. No one wants to work. You should see the embarrassment at Six Flags Darien Lake right now. Half the park is closed because they cant get the help to run the park, but keep handing out that extra $800 a month to not work America. So if the SUNYAC doesn't run full speed ahead this year, I doubt it will have to do with the suit and ties deciding not to (unless we have another scaredemic outbreak). I know several teams are 100% full go for the season.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

You do realize that is was not just the SUNYAC...ALL of NYS was shut down. We had to play game in Pa until things were lifted after the new year. On top of that, SEVERAL rinks remained closed causing a massive cluster trying to get practice ice, putting ice at a premium cost. On top of that, all the ridiculous COVID protocols (temp checks, tracking, no locker rooms, getting dressed outside in 10 degrees, 10 minute pre-entry, 15 minute post exit, no fans/no parents, no vendors, referee shortage, staff shortage to run rinks, funding to keep rinks open, I can go on). And even after that, you were not getting 18-24 year olds to live in a bubble. If one player tested positive, they would have been shut down. Schools were not willing to spend the $$ to put a team on the ice, just to get shut down. They don't have the budget like big DI schools do. On top of that we still live in a land of lawsuits. Mommy and Daddy would be so happy to go sue happy if their little boy or little girl got sick with COVID by playing hockey (even though we all know 99% of hockey cases never came from "the game" itself). Colleges didn't want to be responsible, exactly why most of them are requiring the vaccine to attend in September which I think will cause a major decline in enrollment.

Yes it sucked, but I can tell you this, as of our current state (being to our own largest youth hockey league meeting in NY, and our statewide league meeting) hockey will be a go all the way around. You will have some schools limiting fan participation on a school by school basis (at least here in NY) but hockey is here. We have begun an almost "normal" return, no masks, locker rooms open, fans in the stands, no temp checks, no more tracing. Though I will say scheduling my tournaments for next season, and paying for summer ice for my team, don't be surprised to see the cost of a game go up $$ to help soften the blow of taking a year off. We are seeing roughly a $25-$40 increase per hour in ice and $200-$300 more per tournament this year. Even USA Hockey is looking to eliminate the "free" hockey (no cost registrations) for the 8U and 6U levels to help increase their pocket books. But the biggest thing will be finding the help to cover games, practices ect. If its anything like it is now, some public rinks might not be able to open. No one wants to work. You should see the embarrassment at Six Flags Darien Lake right now. Half the park is closed because they cant get the help to run the park, but keep handing out that extra $800 a month to not work America. So if the SUNYAC doesn't run full speed ahead this year, I doubt it will have to do with the suit and ties deciding not to (unless we have another scaredemic outbreak). I know several teams are 100% full go for the season.
                          This is an extreme exaggeration. By Feb/March everything was basically back to normal including youth hockey. If the SUNYAC, NESCAC and whoever else flopped their season could re-do their decision they definitely would have.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

This is an extreme exaggeration. By Feb/March everything was basically back to normal including youth hockey. If the SUNYAC, NESCAC and whoever else flopped their season could re-do their decision they definitely would have.
                            Umm no it wasn't. We had to fight just to get state qualifying games allowed in NON adjacent counties. That was a last second decision. On top of that SEVERAL rinks never opened and were not going to open for 2 months of D III college hockey. The restrictions didn't change in MOST rinks. Heck we still weren't allowed in some rinks at the start of the summer. Did you talk to the NYS committee to hear that it was a last minute decision to even host states, or under pressure because (other states were). There's zero exaggeration. 85% of the rinks we went to was zero spectator allowance including the NYS tournament, but yea thats back to normal. We were still changing in the parking lot in April and May for practices at the rinks.

Would they tho? With King Cuomo? Lol sure okay. NYS had one of the strictest sport protocols around because of his rules. Counties were scared to go against the King, still are. Meanwhile we are going to PA, CT and Mass to play with little to no restrictions during some of it. I would say April things started to become "normal", that's way to late to start a "season" in NYS. Ask the big wigs at the Utica Comets if they were happy there was a season. Nope. Putting a hockey team on the ice is one of the most expensive sports at the DIII level. Something a lot of struggling already SUNYAC schools wanted no part in risking. Be it from COVID or King Cuomo.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

ahhhh Champs is back............I do realize it was not just the YAC,still doesn't make it right...........Hope for the best this season and we get a chance at Whiteout Weekend...Off to the OBX..

Comment

Working...
                              X