Elmira College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    That was the year EC hosted UWRF in the finals??
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
      Ok. I've been an EC Hockey fan since forever, and actually attended the very first home game at the Domes. Yes, the ceiling was pristine white, and the indirect, reflective lighting was impressive, although the team was not.

Does anyone recall a poll in which EC was ranked as high as #2, and actually got a 1st place vote?? I certainly do not.

Of course, you would have had to have a subscription to some printed paper hockey rag in which those polls were published, and I did not.
      The only time I know of is when we lost in the finals.
      The Titanic only had one Captain..........
      "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
      "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
      9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

2007-2008.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
          2007-2008.
          I was going to say, I was almost positive they got all the way up to #1 one year right around that time.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

As Elmira and Hobart approach a classic home and away this weekend, I want to thank Elmira for producing your Alum and Hobart's coach, Mark Taylor. He is a terrific coach and has done an unbelievable job coaching the Statesmen and the USA team last year. I'm looking forward to taking the one hour drive down Route 14 tomorrow to see the first game. Good luck to both teams this weekend and for the rest of the season.May Mavrik and Beaver Protect the Dam this weekend!

Comment

Mark has done an amazing job at Hobart. It’s amazing how tough that team is.
              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

It should be a barn burner.

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                  It should be a barn burner.
                  Statesmen aren’t playing around tonight…
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Statesmen aren’t playing around tonight…
                    Taylor sent them out aggressive tonight. However, Beaver gave up 2 goals and Hobart gave up their first PPG of the season. History says the Soaring Eagles will bring it tomorrow and even the series , but the Cooler fans should be out in force supporting Mavrik in goal to try for the sweep. I'm expecting a thriller tomorrow.

Comment

Well good thing we lost to the #1 team. It will drop us a little bit but we are still a NCAA club.

Comment

I'm sure Hobart will see a fired up Elmira team again in a less than a month when it starts to really count. Rankings help get you home ice in tournaments but don't earn you the next win.

Comment

Absolutely crazy to think that if things currently hold Elmira whos #5 in the poll and the pairwise will also be #5 in their own conference and be stuck traveling on the road in the 1st round of the nehc playoffs ( Edit just noticed the nehc website has babson 4 elmira 5 whereas uscho has elmira 4 babson 5 i went with the conference website)
                          Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                            Absolutely crazy to think that if things currently hold Elmira whos #5 in the poll and the pairwise will also be #5 in their own conference and be stuck traveling on the road in the 1st round of the nehc playoffs ( Edit just noticed the nehc website has babson 4 elmira 5 whereas uscho has elmira 4 babson 5 i went with the conference website)
                            But yet they would host an NCAA playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post

But yet they would host an NCAA playoff game.
                              NEHC in national poll has Hobart,Elmira, Skidmore and Norwich in top 12 , and Pairwise #1, 4, 14, 17. They'll be some hot competition in the NEHC playoffs to get into the NCAAs. Both Skidmore and Norwich will be battling to get in and are capable of upsets, and don't count out Babson that already has one early win against Hobart this season. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post

NEHC in national poll has Hobart,Elmira, Skidmore and Norwich in top 12 , and Pairwise #1, 4, 14, 17. They'll be some hot competition in the NEHC playoffs to get into the NCAAs. Both Skidmore and Norwich will be battling to get in and are capable of upsets, and don't count out Babson that already has one early win against Hobart this season. Should be fun.
                                Not counting chickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X