Elmira College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elmira 3 Stevenson 1 Full length of the ice empty net goal
    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Definition of Irony: The only UCHC championship for EC, and none of us was able to see it. Perhaps we fans were the reason that EC under-performed all these years.

P.S. So EC swaps leagues, and has to establish a new set of rivalries (less Hobart). Not sure how many of these transitions a team can endure before losing all sense of identity.
      Last edited by elbojpb; 04-05-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        Definition of Irony: The only UCHC championship for EC, and none of us was able to see it. Perhaps we fans were the reason that EC under-performed all these years.

P.S. So EC swaps leagues, and has to establish a new set of rivalries (less Hobart). Not sure how many of these transitions a team can endure before losing all sense of identity.
        Hobart and Norwich have developed one quickly in just 3 years.

I’m sure Elmira will still keep non-conference games with Utica and Oswego etc.

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Hobart and Norwich have developed one quickly in just 3 years.

I’m sure Elmira will still keep non-conference games with Utica and Oswego etc.
          Perhaps, but why would Utica bother with Elmira, when they could schedule Oswego, Genny or Hobart instead?

EC hasn't been a contender for a while. Pretty sure that it wouldn't be worth the trip for either OSU or UC, in terms of the PWR.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-05-2021, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Perhaps, but why would Utica bother with Elmira, when they could schedule Oswego, Genny or Hobart instead?

EC hasn't been a contender for a while. Pretty sure that it wouldn't be worth the trip for either OSU or UC, in terms of the PWR.
            Who says that an Elmira on the upswing are a bad matchup?
            The Titanic only had one Captain..........
            "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
            "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
            9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post

Who says that an Elmira on the upswing are a bad matchup?
              Not saying that EC would necessarily be a bad matchup, but if you're Oswego or Utica or Genny or Hobart, I would have to guess that those teams would schedule each other first, OOC.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-12-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Just in case anyone didn’t know, Friday’s contest with Hobart is being played at the First Arena in Elmira. I have observed some info out there that still lists the Murray Athletic Center, but the venue has changed.

Nothing wrong with the MAC, just an administrative decision.

The Elmira women will also be playing a “home” game at First Arena on January 29 when the “host” Johnson & Wales.

Cheers!!!
                ~TTF
                Dave
                RIT - '90

Comment

Big Weekend for Elmira playing back-to-back with Hobart in the NEHC Standings
                  Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

Mike Zannella has left for the USHL's Lincoln Stars

https://t.co/uROiTH5RUM

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      Mike Zannella has left for the USHL's Lincoln Stars

https://t.co/uROiTH5RUM
                      And his replacement is Plattsburgh 2013 graduate and All-American defenseman Mike Grace.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I know “we” are D1 now, but I don’t know where else to post this on the D3 side, other than where most will know him personally… in the thread of our (and his, I would like to believe) favorite D3 rival. Pour one out for Komey. Loved that guy.

Here’s a shot for you, old friend.
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                          I know “we” are D1 now, but I don’t know where else to post this on the D3 side, other than where most will know him personally… in the thread of our (and his, I would like to believe) favorite D3 rival. Pour one out for Komey. Loved that guy.

Here’s a shot for you, old friend.
                          Thanks for letting us, on this side of the site, know about Komey. I have thought about him several times over the years. He was certainly giant among the D3 posters prior to the RIT move. RIP. (Now heading to the Scotch cabinet.)
                          Last edited by UCBadger; 12-09-2023, 08:33 PM.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Ok. I've been an EC Hockey fan since forever, and actually attended the very first home game at the Domes. Yes, the ceiling was pristine white, and the indirect, reflective lighting was impressive, although the team was not.

Does anyone recall a poll in which EC was ranked as high as #2, and actually got a 1st place vote?? I certainly do not.

Of course, you would have had to have a subscription to some printed paper hockey rag in which those polls were published, and I did not.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              Ok. I've been an EC Hockey fan since forever, and actually attended the very first home game at the Domes. Yes, the ceiling was pristine white, and the indirect, reflective lighting was impressive, although the team was not.

Does anyone recall a poll in which EC was ranked as high as #2, and actually got a 1st place vote?? I certainly do not.

Of course, you would have had to have a subscription to some printed paper hockey rag in which those polls were published, and I did not.
                              1987-88 We were ranked #1 for a good share of the 2nd half of the season. I also believe in 79-80 we were #1 heading into the playoffs before we got upset by North Adams State. If my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                                1987-88 We were ranked #1 for a good share of the 2nd half of the season. I also believe in 79-80 we were #1 heading into the playoffs before we got upset by North Adams State. If my memory serves me correctly.
                                That was the year EC hosted UWRF in the finals??

Comment

Working...
                                X