Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any NESCAC fans still out there?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any NESCAC fans still out there?

    Well, I know this is early for starting a 'CAC hockey thread, but I sense a lot of pent-up emotions just a simmering out there that can't wait to burst out before the puck even drops. What say you all? Trinity, Wesleyan, or maybe Colby sitting in the weeds. There, the floodgates are opened. Let the impassioned discourse begin!

  • #2
    Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

    Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
    Well, I know this is early for starting a 'CAC hockey thread, but I sense a lot of pent-up emotions just a simmering out there that can't wait to burst out before the puck even drops. What say you all? Trinity, Wesleyan, or maybe Colby sitting in the weeds. There, the floodgates are opened. Let the impassioned discourse begin!
    I think you have the right idea of the top 3 based on returning goaltending, all of whom are seniors. As is typically the case, but definitely most recently in the NESCAC, it's all about the goaltending. Trinity seems to have better Forward depth than the other two, so I see them repeating as conference champs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

      Amherst came out of the gates flying!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

        All NESCAC games are streamed live, and scores, and standings are updated in real time, so there's very little need to go to a forum like this for the latest news. Other than serving as a place for those who want to vent, NESCAC fans have pretty much all the info they need.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

          Originally posted by puxrex View Post
          All NESCAC games are streamed live, and scores, and standings are updated in real time, so there's very little need to go to a forum like this for the latest news. Other than serving as a place for those who want to vent, NESCAC fans have pretty much all the info they need.
          Hahaha Lock the thread! Nothing to see here! And why would you assume those with a NESCAC rooting interest would only want to vent on forums such as this? Hmmmm, I wonder why that would be?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by puxrex View Post
            All NESCAC games are streamed live, and scores, and standings are updated in real time, so there's very little need to go to a forum like this for the latest news. Other than serving as a place for those who want to vent, NESCAC fans have pretty much all the info they need.
            A true Little Ivy fan speaks !!


            "FEAR THE BIRD!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

              Didn't take long for you guys to hit the bait.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                Originally posted by puxrex View Post
                Didn't take long for you guys to hit the bait.
                No point in looking for places to learn about other teams and leagues or pass on information about your own team to fans of other teams is there?
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                  I watched the Midd games this past weekend and they took a ton of penalties. While they did a pretty good job of killing them off and went 1-1 on the weekend, that was against what is likely to be ho-hum talent. If they take the same amount of penalties against the teams in the Prime Link the games will be a disaster. Midd has some guys that can play, but probably not enough of them.
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                    Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                    I watched the Midd games this past weekend and they took a ton of penalties. While they did a pretty good job of killing them off and went 1-1 on the weekend, that was against what is likely to be ho-hum talent. If they take the same amount of penalties against the teams in the Prime Link the games will be a disaster. Midd has some guys that can play, but probably not enough of them.
                    I too watched the Panthers this weekend, once live and once on live stream. I completely agree that they take too many penalties. This reflects a lack of discipline and direction from the top. If this persists, they will never be more than a .500 team. Unfortunately, this mediocre level of success is likely enough to keep Sinclair holding on for another 5 years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                      Impressed with Williams goalie. He was very solid and seemed like the main reason they won last night vs Conn College. Only made one mistake, and didn't get hurt for it. Dropped his stick behind the net, and while the puck was in the O zone, he went back to pick it up. Amazed Conn didn't score when they had the puck at the top of the zone.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                        Middlebury enters the holiday break at an astonishing 6-2 clip after shutting out Hamilton 3 to 0 this afternoon. Really sloppy play from both teams, with the exception of Panther goalie Brian Ketchabaw, who performed brilliantly in net. I don't know whether this is a fluky stretch of victories against mediocre teams (and Norwich), or if they are for real , finally.
                        Last edited by minnesotan in vermont; 12-08-2019, 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                          Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
                          Middlebury enters the holiday break at an astonishing 6-2 clip after shutting out Hamilton 3 to 0 this afternoon. Really sloppy play from both teams, with the exception of Panther goalie Brian Ketchabaw, who performed brilliantly in net. I don't know whether this is a fluky stretch of victories against mediocre teams (and Norwich), or if they are for real , finally.
                          We'll find out real soon after the break. They should do pretty well in their own tournament, but after that they get Trinity and Wesleyan at home and then Norwich on the road.
                          Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                            Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                            We'll find out real soon after the break. They should do pretty well in their own tournament, but after that they get Trinity and Wesleyan at home and then Norwich on the road.
                            After seeing Middlebury battle Trinity last night, I have to say that this team is no fluke. They have played 3 of the top teams in d3, Norwich (3-2W), Eau Claire (3-4L), Trinity (3-4L) and acquitted themselves quite admirably, especially when you consider that Ketchabaw is not even suiting up due to an ankle injury. They have shown a lot of heart and grit. Here's hoping they continue the spirited play.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Any NESCAC fans still out there?

                              Okay, it's all on the line this weekend. Will Williams prevail for the regular season title? Can Amherst defeat Middlebury on the road to secure a 4th place finish? Perhaps Hamilton will steal the title with a bit of luck and a continuation of their current hot streak. We will know all by tomorrow evening. Drop the puck

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X