Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College hockey. ..Can we catch a break this season?

Thanks guys for your takes on the game.

SOG were 52-13? Ouch... And Morrisville has been very respectable lately. What did you think of Giacobbo?

I'm encouraged, and anxious to see UC this Saturday. As jcase said, there should be a lot of competition to crack the line-up every week. (And I actually expect some mid-season defections, considering the size of the roster.)

The new guys showed-up in the box... And so did Fitz. with 2 roughing calls, a fighting, and a DQ. His act is getting old.

(Oh yeah, and how did you guys like seeing a game at Kennedy? I enjoy that little barn.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-20-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
      I'm interested to see how the D-1 transfer does. How did he look last night? Didnt get to see the game. But it seems as if players who come to Utica from the D-1 ranks flourish under this system and program. Thoughts
      Ott had a second assist -which of course are handed-out like candy on Halloween- but you're right that UC has had some truly outstanding D-1 transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        And Morrisville has been very respectable lately.
        Um, Morrisville hasn't won more than seven games since 2010-2011. The last four years they've won 4, 6, 5, and 5 games. Last year's wins were against Cortland, Chatham, Bryn Athyn, and Potsdam. Not exactly a murderer's row. I'd temper any expectations based on this game....
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          Um, Morrisville hasn't won more than seven games since 2010-2011. The last four years they've won 4, 6, 5, and 5 games. Last year's wins were against Cortland, Chatham, Bryn Athyn, and Potsdam. Not exactly a murderer's row. I'd temper any expectations based on this game....
          You got me there. FMR, I do hate facts!

I confused them with Canton, maybe? The SUNYAC's lower-echelon has never been my strong suit, if I actually have a strong suit. (And, yeah, Canton wasn't diddley last year, either.)

In any case, I didn't expect much from UC this season, so any sort of dominance -even in an exhibition- is encouraging. There are so many new players this season.

We'll see.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-21-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Heyy, don't be talking about my alma mater, they've only been D3 a couple of years, give them a few more. We were National NJCAA champions when I played for them, both years, not telling you what years though !
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Heyy, don't be talking about my alma mater, they've only been D3 a couple of years, give them a few more. We were National NJCAA champions when I played for them, both years, not telling you what years though !
              yes we got several Canton transfers back in the day at Oswego,good players.

Comment

We used to hammer Oz, and we were a two year school. The rink had no corners, kinda egg shaped, you shot it in one corner and it was around and out before you knew it. What was it's name ?

Comment

We used to hammer Oz, and we were a two year school. The rink had no corners, kinda egg shaped, you shot it in one corner and it was around and out before you knew it. What was it's name ?
                  Don't remember playing Canton 84-87....Golden Romney fieldhouse ….Romney for short

Comment

This was early 70's lol.

Comment

Go way back when sides had chain link fence.....not glass

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

According to the schools website OZ is 11-0 against the Kangaroos. However Canton posted a 14-9-2 record last year, not bad at all. I'm a fan and look forward to see what they do this year.

Comment

Shabby, no offense to your alma mater intended whatsoever. I've even been there a few times for SLU/Clarkson weekends, and the walleye alone was worth the trip.

Thing is, I was too exhausted the other night to fact-check. The Warden made me mow the lawn just last week, then she sent me down to Price Chopper for some fancy creamer a day later. I was completely worn-out.

Guys like spwood have bailed me out for years on here, God bless 'em. (And she'll probably make me rake leaves tomorrow.)
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-22-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                            According to the schools website OZ is 11-0 against the Kangaroos. However Canton posted a 14-9-2 record last year, not bad at all. I'm a fan and look forward to see what they do this year.
                            Time can cloud reality,I am sure fun was had by all

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Time can cloud reality,I am sure fun was had by all
                              and busted lips. (it was the 80's afterall...)

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                                and busted lips. (it was the 80's afterall...)
                                Yup. Just ask Ray Charles, as you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X