Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

I've been watching March Madness and even jumped on my old Fighting Illini bandwagon (that train didn't last long). It's fun and exciting. But I also think it's incredibly unfair and ridiculous. No, I"m not talking about Loyola beating Illinois - that's what the tournament should be. I'm talking about Syracuse (or UCLA) having an incredibly mediocre regular season and then getting hot or getting a bounce and finding itself competing for a national championship.
    Syracuse/UCLA/Loyola would all have very easily made the the top 64, if not for the many weak-sister AQ's who take up space "just because".

Don't be facetious here; there all always participation-berths in March Madness, and, sure some of the giftees win a game or two by dint of the ridiculous 3-point shot rule. (Imagine if there was a two-goal line in hockey, but I digress.)

We see a very small field in D-3 hockey, though... Too small a field to hand-out free passes purely on the basis of conference affiliation.

(And, FWIW, I used to live on Rantoul, had the Illini losing to Gonzaga in the NC, and am thus out $20, American... I feel your pain.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-25-2021, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Final at NEC
      Cadets 2 NEC 1
      Goals1Korol and Rickett
      Atherton 20 saves
      Same two teams tomorrow
      ​​​​​​​4 pm at Krietzberg

Comment

Final at Kriezberg
        Cadets 4 NEC 2
        Norwich goals Cowlthorp, List, Rickett, and Swanson
        Albano 17 saves
        Next Game Saturday vs Stonehill
        4 pm at Krietzberg

Comment

Nice work, Cadets!
          Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

We DID try. Tried hard.
            But Trinity series cancelled.No April hockey after all.
            See you in October.

Comment

Hey Prez looks like you lost a Dman to BGSU,what happened??...D3 to D1,dontsee that much??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Hey Prez looks like you lost a Dman to BGSU,what happened??...D3 to D1,dontsee that much??
                An All American he had three great years at Norwich. A D1 caliber player he will play at BG. Also a great student he will leave Northfield after three years with his degree.
                Last edited by PuckVoice; 04-14-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

An All American he had three great years at Norwich. A D1 caliber player he will play at BG. Also a great student he will leave Northfield after three years with his degree.
                  ok nice good for him best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    I don't ever remember seeing that.

But BG had 10 seniors this past year, seems like most of them left, so they need warm bodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I don't ever remember seeing that.

But BG had 10 seniors this past year, seems like most of them left, so they need warm bodies.
                      I doubt BG has problems getting "Warm bodies",I would imagine he will be a contributing player.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

I doubt BG has problems getting "Warm bodies",I would imagine he will be a contributing player.
                        Check out if the transfer portal has impacted BG.

It's a completely new era now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Check out if the transfer portal has impacted BG.

It's a completely new era now.
                          I have nooooo idea how to check out the portal,sounds futuristic to me,will it take me to the future??? ;-))

Comment

I have nooooo idea how to check out the portal,sounds futuristic to me,will it take me to the future??? ;-))
                            CHN was keeping up for a while, but I haven't looked there in a week or more.

Comment

BG is losing 4 of their top 6 D-men. 2 seniors and 2 juniors. One senior (Musser) is still in the portal. The other senior (Wells) is transferring to Boston College. The 2 juniors grad transferred (ASU, Miami). Of all their seniors, only one remains uncommitted for next season (Musser).

Chicoine looks like a player that originally just missed out on D1. His stats from Juniors are very similar to some of the players BG has brought in in the past, and was most likely on BG's radar. Combine losing two juniors with his impressive stats at Norwich and it looks like a good move for both parties. Unless his game to crap, he will probably be in the lineup more times than not.

Comment

Or maybe back in time...like back to 1987 okay okay low blow low blow
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X