Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Boucher is contracted Army and decided to forgo playing this shortened season to not risk getting hurt and jeopardizing his military career. Ouderkirk is not on campus this semester.
    I also should add that despite opting not to play, Boucher has been helping out in a student-assistant coach role! Matt Burchill is also doing the same thing while finishing up his degree after he exhausted his athletic eligibility.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks for the update Prez. Any chance Ouderkirk, Downs and Boucher will play next year? Probably shouldn't ask that as maybe you don't know, but I had to try!
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Surprised it wasn’t mentioned before as I just happened to see it while watching Sportscenter, but Cowlthorp’s goal was #8 on Top 10 plays.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
          Thanks for the update Prez. Any chance Ouderkirk, Downs and Boucher will play next year? Probably shouldn't ask that as maybe you don't know, but I had to try!
          I'd put money on seeing Ouderkirk again

Comment

Hello to you, and thanks for the info FL Hockey Mom, I'm from the Tampa Bay area, where are you, east or west?
            I'm on the Gulf side, south of you. I see Floridian and SHU transfer Drennen Atherton is getting his first start in net for the Cadets. I'm familiar with him from his youth days in FL.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

I'm on the Gulf side, south of you. I see Floridian and SHU transfer Drennen Atherton is getting his first start in net for the Cadets. I'm familiar with him from his youth days in FL.
              He looked good tonight ... 26 saves for the shutout!
              Good night all around for the newbies ... 3 of the 5 goals!

Comment

"Serious" question that occurred to me last night while watching...did the 11-1 beat down in the 2012 ECAC East Title Game "kill" Castleton's program? While still capable of putting together a good game, they haven't been particularly relevant since. A look through the records in the following seasons puts the decline on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  "Serious" question that occurred to me last night while watching...did the 11-1 beat down in the 2012 ECAC East Title Game "kill" Castleton's program? While still capable of putting together a good game, they haven't been partularly relevant since. A look through the records in the following seasons puts the decline on paper.
                  I would venture to say nothing has "killed" the Castleton program. But if it has been in decline since 2012 you should look at the departure of Coach Alex Todd at that same time. While Norwich fans were not fans of Todd's style of play, he had it going when he was there.
                  They were not the same after he left.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

I would venture to say nothing has "killed" the Castleton program. But if it has been in decline since 2012 you should look at the departure of Coach Alex Todd at that same time. While Norwich fans were not fans of Todd's style of play, he had it going when he was there.
                    Agreed. He had them playing well and nationally ranked. I used quotation marks around "kill" for a reason George! Lol

Comment

Agreed Alex Todd was involved with amateur hockey in US and had connections to bring top talent to Castleton. Left to be an assistant coach at D1.
                      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

I don't believe it was just style of play, there were some other issues that went across athletics there. In 2011 it caused the final breakup of the interlock.
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post

Agreed Alex Todd was involved with amateur hockey in US and had connections to bring top talent to Castleton. Left to be an assistant coach at D1.
                          The situation at Castleton has been a complete mess since Todd left no matter what one might think of him. A great school, great location, with their own rink brings up the question of WHY, something an AD would have to answer I guess.

Comment

Fl Hockey Mom, how is it you are a D 3 north (east) hockey fan? Did you or do you have a player playing there? I moved here from the Central Vermont area 5+ years ago and grew up in Plattsburgh NY. I have always loved hockey as my Dad was an avid Montreal Canadian fan and we would watch Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday nights. He worked late every day and we went to bed before he got home. Saturday nights we got to stay up and share that special time with him. I originally was a Plattsburgh State Fan but I moved to Vermont and went to a Norwich home game vs Plattsburgh. Norwich was a much more disciplined team and their passing game was outstanding. They "had me at 'GOAL'" you might say. I got to know many of the players though the years of 1992-2014 and rarely missed a game. Obviously I still watch Norwich online and cheer them on from here. Don't miss the snow, but do miss the hockey. You obviously know the game and players well, it's nice to have another female hockey fan here in Florida.

Tonight's game (Friday 3/5) wasn't quite as good as I thought Wed's game was. They were just a little sloppier tonight and unorganized. I imagine Coach is still adjusting lines and the team is still learning the "program". Atherton is doing a fantastic job in goal. Quick reflexes and he follows the puck very well. The defense failed him a bit tonight, but he didn't flinch. Nice to have him after losing Tommie Aubrun to graduation. Also impressed with the new players and their ability to shoot hard shots, and their speedy skating. Great additions to an already fast Norwich squad. Passing and defense still needs work, but it is a young and super short season. I see this season as a building block for future years. Just wish our talented seniors had a full season to play.

Another Castleton game tomorrow, but this time at Norwich. Looking forward to hearing George Commo call the game.
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Fl Hockey Mom, how is it you are a D 3 north (east) hockey fan? Did you or do you have a player playing there? I moved here from the Central Vermont area 5+ years ago and grew up in Plattsburgh NY. I have always loved hockey as my Dad was an avid Montreal Canadian fan and we would watch Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday nights. He worked late every day and we went to bed before he got home. Saturday nights we got to stay up and share that special time with him. I originally was a Plattsburgh State Fan but I moved to Vermont and went to a Norwich home game vs Plattsburgh. Norwich was a much more disciplined team and their passing game was outstanding. They "had me at 'GOAL'" you might say. I got to know many of the players though the years of 1992-2014 and rarely missed a game. Obviously I still watch Norwich online and cheer them on from here. Don't miss the snow, but do miss the hockey. You obviously know the game and players well, it's nice to have another female hockey fan here in Florida.

Tonight's game (Friday 3/5) wasn't quite as good as I thought Wed's game was. They were just a little sloppier tonight and unorganized. I imagine Coach is still adjusting lines and the team is still learning the "program". Atherton is doing a fantastic job in goal. Quick reflexes and he follows the puck very well. The defense failed him a bit tonight, but he didn't flinch. Nice to have him after losing Tommie Aubrun to graduation. Also impressed with the new players and their ability to shoot hard shots, and their speedy skating. Great additions to an already fast Norwich squad. Passing and defense still needs work, but it is a young and super short season. I see this season as a building block for future years. Just wish our talented seniors had a full season to play.

Another Castleton game tomorrow, but this time at Norwich. Looking forward to hearing George Commo call the game.
                              NU Fan, I grew up in the Midwest not knowing anything about hockey; relocated to FL many years ago. My son followed a typical developmental path from FL to NE prep to college, so that’s where I developed my familiarity of and love for the game. As a result, I still track the FL boys who progress their hockey careers, hence my rooting interest in Drennen Atherton.

Comment

6-1 Norwich over Castleton, now 3-0 on the season
                                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Working...
                                X