Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

#1 in the meaningless coaches' poll, not #1 in the actual PWR selection criteria.
    I thought the KRACH was the only ranking that mattered?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I thought the KRACH was the only ranking that mattered?
      Sure, UC was #1 in the KRACH too, but that doesn't matter to the NCAA.

Look it up if you care to, but Utica would have been the overall top seed in the tournament, had it actually happened.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-25-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

As of now two games. .. Saturday at 5 ... Sunday at 3 ... both at Kreitzberg.
        WE WILL TRY!!!l
        UPDATE
        Trouble at Skidmore ... they are out.
        Cadets will now open at home Sunday afternoon at 2 pm vs Conn College!

Comment

Not again... well one game is better than none game.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Sure, UC was #1 in the KRACH too, but that doesn't matter to the NCAA.

Look it up if you care to, but Utica would have been the overall top seed in the tournament, had it actually happened.
            I'm well aware who was the No. 1 overall seed for the tournament. We'll never know who was the best team...which is a shame, because the Cadets had a juggernaut last season and would have loved to have settled it on the ice with Utica in Buffalo.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm well aware who was the No. 1 overall seed for the tournament. We'll never know who was the best team...which is a shame, because the Cadets had a juggernaut last season and would have loved to have settled it on the ice with Utica in Buffalo.
              I was looking forward to that possibility as well. An actual offensive juggernaut in Utica, v. the stingiest D in modern D-3 history via NU.

Would likely have been a classic.

Comment

Go Norwich, the day is finally here! Have a great game! I'll be cheering you on from Florida. Hope many others will watch too and maybe post a comment or two here.

I have a question about the roster that some of you may know the answer. Where is Coby Downs, Sam DiBitetto, and Carson Scheschuk? Is it possible that they took the year off from college and will return in the fall. Same with Adam Mercer.

If you were the coach, who would you start in the net. I'm thinking it might be Andrew Albano, but maybe Ben Nelson due to the fact that he is a senior and who knows how many games we'll play this year. 4 Goalies definitely makes the choice more complex and the competition may be close.

Last question, will the season end in March or will they play into April? How long can the ice stay up at Kreitsberg?

Let's get this thread going again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  I have a question about the roster that some of you may know the answer. Where is Coby Downs, Sam DiBitetto, and Carson Scheschuk? Is it possible that they took the year off from college and will return in the fall. Same with Adam Mercer.
                  Hello fellow Floridian! More than likely, several of these players have moved on. For example, per his EP page Adam Mercer transferred to SNHU. And Carson Scheschuk has played 2 games for the Balgonie Bisons of the QVHL, a Canadian league with which I'm not familiar.

Comment

Hello to you, and thanks for the info FL Hockey Mom, I'm from the Tampa Bay area, where are you, east or west?
                    Good game for the most part. Norwich Speed looks good, maybe even better than last year. Forecheck was also strong. Passing game needs work, especially getting out of the defensive zone. But the guys haven't gotten a chance to work with set lines and defensive pairing in a game situation before, so I am not surprised and know this will improve. New guys look to have great potential. Nice to see Krollis getting a goal and an assist, I'd love to see him stay as forward but great to know he can be put in as defense too. Congrats to Michael Korol on a sweet penalty shot, the first I've seen in a long time.

Next game at Castleton on Wed. night, Puck Voice will you be on the air?

Comment

Hello to you, and thanks for the info FL Hockey Mom, I'm from the Tampa Bay area, where are you, east or west?
                      Good game for the most part. Norwich Speed looks good, maybe even better than last year. Forecheck was also strong. Passing game needs work, especially getting out of the defensive zone. But the guys haven't gotten a chance to work with set lines and defensive pairing in a game situation before, so I am not surprised and know this will improve. New guys look to have great potential. Nice to see Krollis getting a goal and an assist, I'd love to see him stay as forward but great to know he can be put in as defense too. Congrats to Michael Korol on a sweet penalty shot, the first I've seen in a long time.

Next game at Castleton on Wed. night, Puck Voice will you be on the air?
                      Nope ... Castleton's video.
                      No radio this shortened season so I will miss my first Norwich games in a long time.

Comment

Bummer, we'll miss you. Do you know if Castleton will stream the game?

Never mind, you already said Castleton video.
                        Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 02-28-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Go Norwich, the day is finally here! Have a great game! I'll be cheering you on from Florida. Hope many others will watch too and maybe post a comment or two here.

If you were the coach, who would you start in the net. I'm thinking it might be Andrew Albano, but maybe Ben Nelson due to the fact that he is a senior and who knows how many games we'll play this year. 4 Goalies definitely makes the choice more complex and the competition may be close.

Last question, will the season end in March or will they play into April? How long can the ice stay up at Kreitsberg?

Let's get this thread going again!!!
                          Sam, Adam and Carson did not return to school in the fall. Coby did not return to school in the spring.

As of right now, the last games are scheduled for March 19 and 20, but who knows...only time will tell. Just hope we can keep getting games in.

Don't put much faith in the schedule on more than a day-to-day or week-to-week basis, it has already and will constantly change as you've already seen.

3 games against sparty this week!
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Sam, Adam and Carson did not return to school in the fall. Coby did not return to school in the spring.

As of right now, the last games are scheduled for March 19 and 20, but who knows...only time will tell. Just hope we can keep getting games in.

Don't put much faith in the schedule on more than a day-to-day or week-to-week basis, it has already and will constantly change as you've already seen.

3 games against sparty this week!
                            Noticed that Boucher and Ouderkirk were not in the lineup Sunday......Not injured, I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post

Noticed that Boucher and Ouderkirk were not in the lineup Sunday......Not injured, I hope!
                              Boucher is contracted Army and decided to forgo playing this shortened season to not risk getting hurt and jeopardizing his military career. Ouderkirk is not on campus this semester.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Boucher is contracted Army and decided to forgo playing this shortened season to not risk getting hurt and jeopardizing his military career. Ouderkirk is not on campus this semester.
                                Understand! Thanks Prez!

Comment

Working...
                                X