Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

New thread ... new season.
    Intersquad scrimmage Saturday morning 10:15 will be streamed on the Norwich site.

Best of luck,a college with a little guts gotta love it

Comment

The question will be who will they play against?
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

2020-2021 Roster is now up on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          2020-2021 Roster is now up on the website.
          I wasn't aware that G Drennen Atherton transferred from SHU to Norwich. I'm quite familiar with him from his youth hockey days in FL and his time in the NCDC. Nice get for Norwich, although that makes 4 Gs on the roster which should make for some lively competition between the pipes.

Comment

Quality pick-up: loads of talent, should fit in well

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...b?view=profile

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

I wasn't aware that G Drennen Atherton transferred from SHU to Norwich. I'm quite familiar with him from his youth hockey days in FL and his time in the NCDC. Nice get for Norwich, although that makes 4 Gs on the roster which should make for some lively competition between the pipes.
              Will be really interesting to see how that position works out. Obviously big pads (Aubrun's) to fill.
              Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-14-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Who is Norwich playing this year? Anyone else in the East still planning on playing?
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  Who is Norwich playing this year? Anyone else in the East still planning on playing?
                  As you can see things change daily if not hourly right now. Vermont has seen a very large spike in cases that has caused the State to lock things down pretty tightly here to include multi-household gatherings are suspended, even for Thanksgiving...unless you live alone.

Univ. of Vermont just announced basketball and hockey schedules won't begin until Dec. 18 at the earliest. Men's hockey was supposed to open up this weekend and just announced last night they won't be anymore, and that first game was five days away.

The only thing that is official right now is Norwich won't play until 2021. Other than that, nothing else is decided.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Lots of Maroon/Gold scrimmages to come?
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Lots of Maroon/Gold scrimmages to come?
                      We'll see what 2021 brings. The team is done practicing for the semester.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Having watched the scrimmage, I noticed that the team seemed to retain the speed of recent years. No doubt that will help whoever gets the call in goal. It also looks like the team, overall, has grown larger in size. That should be a pretty potent combination when games are allowed again.
                        Its not like watching from my corner, but it is way more fun than having none at all (even listening to Tanner....)
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                          Having watched the scrimmage, I noticed that the team seemed to retain the speed of recent years. No doubt that will help whoever gets the call in goal. It also looks like the team, overall, has grown larger in size. That should be a pretty potent combination when games are allowed again.
                          Agreed. A needed adjustment IMO. Last year's results notwithstanding, I felt that Hobart has been able to "bully" the Cadets a little bit, physically, since their arrival. Increased size, with the retention of the speed you mentioned, should make the Cadets even more dangerous. It's going to be exciting to watch...whenever it is.

Comment

Love the fact that you guys are giving it a try as the title of the thread says....Just seems like so many schools are to willing to give it up before the fight even starts.We are all aware of whats out there but why not give it a try and see what the future brings....RPI and Union just bowed out,give the kids a chance, I just feel horrible, as a former playerI know how hard these kids worked to get where they are...........drop the puck
                            Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-17-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

The Masters in November. D3 Hockey in April?

Comment

Working...
                              X