Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post

I've been watching March Madness and even jumped on my old Fighting Illini bandwagon (that train didn't last long). It's fun and exciting. But I also think it's incredibly unfair and ridiculous. No, I"m not talking about Loyola beating Illinois - that's what the tournament should be. I'm talking about Syracuse (or UCLA) having an incredibly mediocre regular season and then getting hot or getting a bounce and finding itself competing for a national championship.
    Syracuse/UCLA/Loyola would all have very easily made the the top 64, if not for the many weak-sister AQ's who take up space "just because".

Don't be facetious here; there all always participation-berths in March Madness, and, sure some of the giftees win a game or two by dint of the ridiculous 3-point shot rule. (Imagine if there was a two-goal line in hockey, but I digress.)

We see a very small field in D-3 hockey, though... Too small a field to hand-out free passes purely on the basis of conference affiliation.

(And, FWIW, I used to live on Rantoul, had the Illini losing to Gonzaga in the NC, and am thus out $20, American... I feel your pain.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-25-2021, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Final at NEC
      Cadets 2 NEC 1
      Goals1Korol and Rickett
      Atherton 20 saves
      Same two teams tomorrow
      ​​​​​​​4 pm at Krietzberg

Comment

Final at Kriezberg
        Cadets 4 NEC 2
        Norwich goals Cowlthorp, List, Rickett, and Swanson
        Albano 17 saves
        Next Game Saturday vs Stonehill
        4 pm at Krietzberg

Comment

Nice work, Cadets!
          Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

We DID try. Tried hard.
            But Trinity series cancelled.No April hockey after all.
            See you in October.

Comment

Hey Prez looks like you lost a Dman to BGSU,what happened??...D3 to D1,dontsee that much??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Hey Prez looks like you lost a Dman to BGSU,what happened??...D3 to D1,dontsee that much??
                An All American he had three great years at Norwich. A D1 caliber player he will play at BG. Also a great student he will leave Northfield after three years with his degree.
                Last edited by PuckVoice; 04-14-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

An All American he had three great years at Norwich. A D1 caliber player he will play at BG. Also a great student he will leave Northfield after three years with his degree.
                  ok nice good for him best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X