Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

NU Fan, I grew up in the Midwest not knowing anything about hockey; relocated to FL many years ago. My son followed a typical developmental path from FL to NE prep to college, so that’s where I developed my familiarity of and love for the game. As a result, I still track the FL boys who progress their hockey careers, hence my rooting interest in Drennen Atherton.
    A lot of good hockey talent out of Fla., send some to Oswego if ya can...;-))...we have one a this point...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

A lot of good hockey talent out of Fla., send some to Oswego if ya can...;-))...we have one a this point...
      Yes, I'm quite familiar with Oz dman Jeff Solow (and his cousin, Northeastern F Zach Solow). As you say, FL has a fertile hockey pipeline.

Comment

I know this is not really part of the Norwich thread, so my apologies. Just thought I'd throw out there that is seems that UNE has a pretty solid first year goalie who is out of Boca Raton. Saw him on the stream against Colby twice, and he seems like a very solid player.

Being an old hockey player from New England, it is still weird to see where so many of the these kids come from. I can still remember when a player from Connecticut was an oddity! (remember, I said I was OLD!).

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Yes, I'm quite familiar with Oz dman Jeff Solow (and his cousin, Northeastern F Zach Solow). As you say, FL has a fertile hockey pipeline.
          yes Zach we will take one of him as well..;-)))

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            I know this is not really part of the Norwich thread, so my apologies. Just thought I'd throw out there that is seems that UNE has a pretty solid first year goalie who is out of Boca Raton. Saw him on the stream against Colby twice, and he seems like a very solid player.

Being an old hockey player from New England, it is still weird to see where so many of the these kids come from. I can still remember when a player from Connecticut was an oddity! (remember, I said I was OLD!).
            Did the goalie from a few years ago graduate? He was unbelievable against Norwich in the Northfield Savings Bank tourney and the NCAA playoff game. Ben something maybe?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Did the goalie from a few years ago graduate? He was unbelievable against Norwich in the Northfield Savings Bank tourney and the NCAA playoff game. Ben something maybe?
              Ben Churchfield ... a Brit now playing pro over there.

Comment

Change for this weekend!
                Both games vs Plymouth State will now be at Kreitzberg!
                No game Friday night. Men will host Plymouth Saturday at 5 and Sunday at 2 or 3.

Comment

Okay, just a suggestion here... loosen the gimbal knob, purchase a new tripod, or find a steadier hand...

Comment

The weekend ... two games ... two shutout wins.
                    Five games cumulative score
                    Cadets 17 Opponents 1
                    What do you have to say folks?

Comment

Games were a lot closer than the scores showed this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
                        Games were a lot closer than the scores showed this weekend.
                        Two tremendous hockey games. That was the first time I had a feeling in my stomach that Norwich might lose a game at home since December 2019.

Plymouth State is no joke. Coach Russell has built up a fine program over there and I can very easily see why they won the mascac last year and I would have loved to have seen that Endicott/Plymouth game last year...
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          The weekend ... two games ... two shutout wins.
                          Five games cumulative score
                          Cadets 17 Opponents 1
                          What do you have to say folks?
                          Picking up right where they left off last year. It is kinda hard to watch knowing this team can't play for more and knowing we probably won't see the same team when we get back to competitive play...that being said, we have been lucky to watch this team and I am happy they have handled the whole thing with class and continuing their dominance.

Comment

This has been a very tough year for all teams. Very short, disrupted seasons. Plymouth was shut down after playing only two games, no access to any training, gym time etc. due to COVID protocols, then had to get right back at it with Babson and Norwich. Needed to be better on some execution and did not have one of their captains who is on the powerplay, but they definitely pushed Norwich. Pity the teams don't play each other more often. That would be a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Two tremendous hockey games. That was the first time I had a feeling in my stomach that Norwich might lose a game at home since December 2019.

Plymouth State is no joke. Coach Russell has built up a fine program over there and I can very easily see why they won the mascac last year and I would have loved to have seen that Endicott/Plymouth game last year...
                              I was also very impressed with Plymouth State. Very solid team. For whatever reason, I didn't have a doubt all weekend that Norwich would win, but Plymouth definitely impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
                                This has been a very tough year for all teams. Very short, disrupted seasons. Plymouth was shut down after playing only two games, no access to any training, gym time etc. due to COVID protocols, then had to get right back at it with Babson and Norwich. Needed to be better on some execution and did not have one of their captains who is on the powerplay, but they definitely pushed Norwich. Pity the teams don't play each other more often. That would be a treat.
                                Plymouth has a bright future if all continues. This was the best Plymouth team I have watched even with all the obstacles this year. I hope the teams start to play more as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X