Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2020-2021 - We Will Try

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Love the fact that you guys are giving it a try as the title of the thread says....Just seems like so many schools are to willing to give it up before the fight even starts.We are all aware of whats out there but why not give it a try and see what the future brings....RPI and Union just bowed out,give the kids a chance, I just feel horrible, as a former playerI know how hard these kids worked to get where they are...........drop the puck
    RIT reconsidering is wild to me...They were the first D1 program to announce...eight more join them and then they announce they are considering walking it back. Just completely shocked me.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

    Comment


    • #17
      Feature on WCAX-TV on the hope for a season ...
      https://www.wcax.com/2020/11/18/cade...season-part-1/
      https://www.wcax.com/2020/11/18/cade...season-part-2/

      Comment


      • #18
        What is the status in New York? I know Comrade Cuomo has declared hockey to be "high risk". Does that cover colleges as well? The state high school athletic association, NYSPHAA, pushed back the "high risk sports" (wrestling, basketball, "contact" cheerleading (I know what they mean, but that is a funny title for the sport)) until January. I doubt those sports have a season, but at least NYSPHAA hasn't completely pulled the plug yet. What was SUNYAC's (and other conferences) rush?
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

        If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          This is how all the teams should be approaching the season,can't say enough about how the Cadets are setting an example for other teams/colleges to follow,maybe they will,hopefully.........

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by spwood View Post
            What is the status in New York? I know Comrade Cuomo has declared hockey to be "high risk". Does that cover colleges as well? The state high school athletic association, NYSPHAA, pushed back the "high risk sports" (wrestling, basketball, "contact" cheerleading (I know what they mean, but that is a funny title for the sport)) until January. I doubt those sports have a season, but at least NYSPHAA hasn't completely pulled the plug yet. What was SUNYAC's (and other conferences) rush?
            There rush was so they didn't have any stress or responsibility to deal with,or just straight up cowardess,or all of the above.....Follow the Norwich example ,play and see what the future brings.

            Comment


            • #21
              Really hoping there's something this season. As Coach Cam alluded to, there's still a bitter taste from how last season ended. I know that's true for all teams, but especially for a team that was #1 in the land and charging into the tournament on a 9-game shutout streak. I think I will forever be a little bitter about it (while acknowledging the necessity of it and bigger problems). But, the sooner we get to playing the sooner I can begin to wash the taste out.

              Not having NU football has been tough enough. I build my fall Saturdays around college football, and I build my college football around Norwich football. So that has sucked. A little Norwich hockey would go a long ways.
              Norwich '13

              2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

              Comment


              • #22
                We're not giving up yet. But an update...

                https://norwich.prestosports.com/spo...20201122ibbe8s
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  We're not giving up yet. But an update...

                  https://norwich.prestosports.com/spo...20201122ibbe8s
                  Disappointing, but predictable. Predictable, but disappointing.
                  Norwich '13

                  2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Does Plymouth State break the streak?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Does Plymouth State break the streak?
                      Nope ...
                      No games this weekend.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Here we go !
                        Protocols Permitting!
                        Away then home with NEC
                        Fri/Sat 2/19-2/[20
                        WE WILL TRY!!
                        Last edited by PuckVoice; 02-11-2021, 03:33 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Norwich schedule.....at least for now.

                          https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20-21/schedule

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Please, please tell me the Cadets will play Skidmore this Sat and Sun! I check the site every week only to be disappointed b/c the games are cancelled due to CoVid 19. I am seriously having hockey withdrawal. I follow the Tampa Bay Lightning seeing as I am only an hour from their home arena, but it is just not the same as having spent so much time in Northfield (years of games). And there is nothing like hearing George Como call the games. Stay healthy guys and have a great time competing. I'll be watching for sure!
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              Please, please tell me the Cadets will play Skidmore this Sat and Sun! I check the site every week only to be disappointed b/c the games are cancelled due to CoVid 19. I am seriously having hockey withdrawal. I follow the Tampa Bay Lightning seeing as I am only an hour from their home arena, but it is just not the same as having spent so much time in Northfield (years of games). And there is nothing like hearing George Como call the games. Stay healthy guys and have a great time competing. I'll be watching for sure!
                              As of now two games. .. Saturday at 5 ... Sunday at 3 ... both at Kreitzberg.
                              WE WILL TRY!!!l

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                [QUOTE=NU Pastime;n3619200]Really hoping there's something this season. As Coach Cam alluded to, there's still a bitter taste from how last season ended. I know that's true for all teams, but especially for a team that was #1 in the land and charging into the tournament on a 9-game shutout streak.

                                #1 in the meaningless coaches' poll, not #1 in the actual PWR selection criteria.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X