Looks like SUNYAC canceling winter sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell jaslow View Post

i do agree they gave up a bit too quickly. Like i wrote earlier, they should have waited till january to see what was going on. Everybody expects last minute decisions these days, so no harm waiting.
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....... ...very good oddball you win a cookie...name that movie??

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I do agree they gave up a bit too quickly. Like I wrote earlier, they should have waited till January to see what was going on. Everybody expects last minute decisions these days, so no harm waiting.
      Agreed the plug was pulled too fast. Nothing is gained by cancelling now.
      The Titanic only had one Captain..........
      "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
      "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
      9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Money, politics, money....the hope is they pull a B10 and change their mind. This spread can be controlled as we have seen on other platforms, other sports, but that cos$.
        Getting by NYS regs and politics is extra tough. Feel for kids of course, anyone discounts them to get over it, doesn't get and is an a-hole. I hope they change their mind.
        Life goes on and a return to normalcy---I go to Oxford this weekend to see Ole Miss v. Auburn. College football and the SEC keep moving because the dollars are there.

Comment

Between the new format on this site, the ad’s in between posts, and now the prospect of a completely lost season, this may be one of the last discussions all of us have together.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            Between the new format on this site, the ad’s in between posts, and now the prospect of a completely lost season, this may be one of the last discussions all of us have together.
            It's sad when things that used to be good come to an end. If lack of support and covid didn't kill this forum, it's sad to think the goddawful redesign might be the thing that does. It makes me think USCHO doesn't actually want any of us posting here.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Given where we are now on the 7th of December, a date that will live in infamy, the virus spread is getting worse, not better, in every part of the country. Kids going home at Thanksgiving and not returning until January is a crap shoot. Only private schools with large athletic endowments to go along with a several hundred million/billion academic endowments can afford to be in the sports games. Those schools part of Power 5 conferences can't afford not too. NCAA cannot afford not to have the MBB Tournament/Final Four. It sucks but that's the way it is...let's hope we can all assemble next fall and toast to the 21-22 season on ice. Between now and then can we get this forum back to the old format and **** can the ads? Please?
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                Given where we are now on the 7th of December, a date that will live in infamy, the virus spread is getting worse, not better, in every part of the country. Kids going home at Thanksgiving and not returning until January is a crap shoot. Only private schools with large athletic endowments to go along with a several hundred million/billion academic endowments can afford to be in the sports games. Those schools part of Power 5 conferences can't afford not too. NCAA cannot afford not to have the MBB Tournament/Final Four. It sucks but that's the way it is...let's hope we can all assemble next fall and toast to the 21-22 season on ice. Between now and then can we get this forum back to the old format and **** can the ads? Please?
                Adrian...

Comment

What would really help this board is if there was someone very knowledgeable about all conferences and teams who could put time in and widen the discussion. I don't know much about DIII hockey, am not familiar with many of the conferences or teams and often find the forum focuses on only one or two conferences and a few teams. It discourages participation and newbes don't feel they can add much. I'd love to know how many people read the forum but never participate or fall away. I passed this link on to a parent whose son was recruited to one team a year ago. I think they might have read a bit about the team then stopped following. It's too bad. This could be a resource for players and parents trying to get a feel for DIII hockey.

Comment

There was a time not too long ago that DIII hockey was widely discussed on this forum. Sure, the discussion tended to focus on the same few teams, but there was meaningful discussion about those few teams. Things really seemed to drop off in the 19/20 season, and now the forum seems to be devoted to debating COVID. Sad.
                    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                      There was a time not too long ago that DIII hockey was widely discussed on this forum. Sure, the discussion tended to focus on the same few teams, but there was meaningful discussion about those few teams. Things really seemed to drop off in the 19/20 season, and now the forum seems to be devoted to debating COVID. Sad.
                      This forum’s heyday was 10+ years ago. The re-format with ads was the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

This forum’s heyday was 10+ years ago. The re-format with ads was the nail in the coffin.
                        Hell, it was far better before the ridiculous re-format, never mind the ads.

Comment

Use an adblocking browser. It helps.

Comment

they quickly gave up...

Comment

I have become a part timer..................
                              The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                              "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                              "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                              9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                                Things really seemed to drop off in the 19/20 season, and now the forum seems to be devoted to debating COVID. Sad.
                                What would you like to debate now? The rankings? Standings? Pairwise? I agree the decline starting earlier, but what else is there to debate in December 2020?
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X