NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

I will try to down the Genny. Willett be a memorable experience?
    Last edited by joecct; 03-18-2019, 09:50 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I will try to down the Genny. Willett be a memorable experience?
    Puns that bad are actually against USCHO's good conduct rules! But at least you didn't mix any metaphors.

Has anyone heard about tickets yet? I left a voicemail at UW-SP ticket office about five hours ago, hoping to represent Norwich in the stands this Friday. No callback, which can only mean that they don't want hordes of Vermonsters coming to town! I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.
    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post

Has anyone heard about tickets yet? I left a voicemail at UW-SP ticket office about five hours ago, hoping to represent Norwich in the stands this Friday. No callback, which can only mean that they don't want hordes of Vermonsters coming to town! I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.
      I called and emailed earlier today...no response yet...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Ticket ordering info:

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2019...announced.aspx
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

More Norwich-oriented ticket information announcement:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20190318jwowc5
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            Geneseo and Norwich fans are better off staying home and watching the game online than getting tickets in section I-N. I havent been to a rink with worse sightlines than those sections in that place.

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
              Geneseo and Norwich fans are better off staying home and watching the game online than getting tickets in section I-N. I havent been to a rink with worse sightlines than those sections in that place.
              Where can I find a seating map of the arena? UWSP website search yesterday was fruitless, couldn't locate one on the Willett Arena page, either.

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                Where can I find a seating map of the arena? UWSP website search yesterday was fruitless, couldn't locate one on the Willett Arena page, either.
                Found it.

Disregard: I still can't find a seating map there!
                Last edited by West Texas Wolverine; 03-19-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                  I've watched a game from those sections also, and unless the action is right in front of you, it would be difficult to see down the ice due to the benches and press box area blocking the view. The same situation occurs on the other side of the benches as well, where the sections are reserved for another team's fans.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Great views from all 3000 seats at the Marano Campus Center!
                    Oswego State 1980 Grad
                    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                      Great views from all 3000 seats at the Marano Campus Center!
                      And from all the seats and standing room areas at Krietzberg, too.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

In case anyone wanted to read the USA Today preview for Norwich-Geneseo:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20190319ogc8ro
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          In case anyone wanted to read the USA Today preview for Norwich-Geneseo:

https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20190319ogc8ro
                          Good stuff, thanks.

Looking at the goal-differential data, and considering the siting, and having seen Genny myself, I'd say that the Knights have to be the odds-on favorite...But who knows?

Should be an epic clash, and may the better team win.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Looking at the goal-differential data, and considering the siting, and having seen Genny myself, I'd say that the Knights have to be the odds-on favorite...But who knows?
                            Would be interesting to see both teams’ second halves compared, since Geneseo was strong wire to wire but Norwich seems to have turned it on in the second half. My guess is it would be a lot closer.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              Would be interesting to see both teams’ second halves compared, since Geneseo was strong wire to wire but Norwich seems to have turned it on in the second half. My guess is it would be a lot closer.
                              Both teams were great down the stretch, so I'd consider that stat a wash.

We don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm predicting a balls-out, end-to-end game between two highly-skilled teams.

And we'd be there if we could. The Ira is a great place to see a hockey game.

Comment

Working...
                              X