NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Pretty even game from what I watched,that said,special teams played a BIG part of Genny's season and today they didn't show up and Norwich took it to the house...Norwich very disciplined in their dzone,and blocked a ton of shots up the middle..Mcdonlad not the best showing I've seen, but he did manage to knock the net off a few times as he always has done....Go Cadets..
    No real net pegs at the Willett is a head-scratcher. Net came off for both goalies many times.

Good game, pretty even in the end, momentum swings both ways. Let’s go Wick!!

r

Comment

Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Very evenly-played game. Norwich's execution on special teams certainly made the difference. Congrats to the Knights on a great season.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Great game! Thought Norwich’s execution and poise was great especially after the unfortunate 2 quick goals to make it a tight game with the momentum totally taken from them.

Thought the refs did a great job as well although I will agree that trip in the second was an extremely bad call. I do hope the Geneseo player is alright though, unfortunate collision there.

Go Cadets...if you told me at Christmas we would be here I’d be wondering what d1 transfers came in second semester. This team has been on fire and plays extremely well in the bigger games. Biggest game and biggest test tomorrow!

Comment

Not gonna lie, this one hurts, more than the other two times. I'm tempted to say special teams is what it came down to, but Norwich really managed to nullify Geneseo's speed after the first period. I haven't seen the Knights that stymied all season. All credit to the Cadets for the win, and thank you to the Ice Knights, especially the seniors, for a special season. I'm sure Coach Schultz will have them back in the hunt next season.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Not gonna lie, this one hurts, more than the other two times. I'm tempted to say special teams is what it came down to, but Norwich really managed to nullify Geneseo's speed after the first period. I haven't seen the Knights that stymied all season. All credit to the Cadets for the win, and thank you to the Ice Knights, especially the seniors, for a special season. I'm sure Coach Schultz will have them back in the hunt next season.
            The end was scary. Now we wait to see who's next.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              As a former actual cadet, there's a lot of truth in this statement. The divide fades quite a bit once one graduates though. I watch almost every football and hockey game and follow as many baseball games as I can, and I don't really know who the actual cadets on the team are. I cheer for those guys a bit more when I do find out, but those little divides disappear once one gets out into the big world. Norwich is Norwich.

Speaking of which. 0500 in Korea. Good morning and Go Wick!
              Norwich is Norwich, and Norwich is Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                Norwich is Norwich, and Norwich is Forever.
                I will try!

r

Comment

So psyched the team won, I will watch it later, b/c now I am watching Steven's Point and Hobart. Want to see what we might get tomorrow?

Anyone have a link of where we can see the post game press conferences?

Go Cadets, you are doing fantastic.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    So psyched the team won, I will watch it later, b/c now I am watching Steven's Point and Hobart. Want to see what we might get tomorrow?

Anyone have a link of where we can see the post game press conferences?

Go Cadets, you are doing fantastic.
                    NCAA.com usually posts them.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Thanks.
                      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        3-1

Not really sure what happened there. The puck just appeared in the net.
                        Yeah.... that first Geneseo goal was wierd one.... and I'm sure Aubrun would have like the second one back and covered it up rather than try to deflect it away.

But a very good game... IMO the Norwich penalty kill made the difference. One more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                          Yeah.... that first Geneseo goal was wierd one.... and I'm sure Aubrun would have like the second one back and covered it up rather than try to deflect it away.

But a very good game... IMO the Norwich penalty kill made the difference. One more to go.
                          Special teams as whole. Killing off all those penalties and then scoring two power play goals. HUGE.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                          X