Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity NCAA Hosts in 2024

As announced by NCAA on Wednesday ...
    I have a question. Where are they going to host it? The Koeppel Center is a very nice facility, but capacity is listed as 1,250 and I can speak from experience, media facilities are non-existant.

They could use the XL Center with the curtains covering the upper part of the arena. That would reduce seating to 9,000 and make things seem less empty...

Comment

The facility listed on the bid is Koeppel...
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        That seems silly. Makes you wonder if an Oswego could have hosted if they bid.

Utica in 2026.

I assume the odd years will continue to be on campus sites of one of the participants.

So, 2022 is the last Lake Placid year for awhile.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Utica in 2026.

I assume the odd years will continue to be on campus sites of one of the participants.

would be nice to have it at Oz

Comment

That seems silly. Makes you wonder if an Oswego could have hosted .
            Or Norwich or Platty or Middlebury or any number of better suited facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

Or Norwich or Platty or Middlebury or any number of better suited facilities.
              10-4,all with great pretzels I'm sure

Comment

Utica in 2026.

You have to bid to be able to host right? I would guess Oswego didn't bid. I know they've had some turnover at the AD level and SID level the last couple of years. Takes a lot of work and people to host a championship adequately as you well know.

Judging by Trinity being awarded and Utica getting back it again already after just hosting in 2017, my guess is there probably weren't a lot of bids put forth.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Unless Trin Trin is in it, will it really be an issue? I mean unless the stars align, and its the "big 3" I don't see attendance an issue.

On a side note, my youth hockey travel has brought me to a few (to say the least) hockey rinks. This past weekend we had the pleasure to play at Chathams home rink....Holy Cow. It makes Hobart look like a Hilton Marriott.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

10-4,all with great pretzels I'm sure
                    Hey, we don’t know what a Trinity pretzel is like.......
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      Unless Trin Trin is in it, will it really be an issue? I mean unless the stars align, and its the "big 3" I don't see attendance an issue.

On a side note, my youth hockey travel has brought me to a few (to say the least) hockey rinks. This past weekend we had the pleasure to play at Chathams home rink....Holy Cow. It makes Hobart look like a Hilton Marriott.
                      man thats bad,was it cccccold as well,I know its only October,but ya never know..

Comment

It actually was the coldest of the 4 rinks we played at last weekend. The Pitt Panthers club team has 100x better facilities . Can't report on pretzels there tho....no concessions open with Covid. But unlike in NY, at least we could play hockey....at least we had Primanti Brothers and a Championship
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          It actually was the coldest of the 4 rinks we played at last weekend. The Pitt Panthers club team has 100x better facilities . Can't report on pretzels there tho....no concessions open with Covid. But unlike in NY, at least we could play hockey....at least we had Primanti Brothers and a Championship
                          congrats on the championship and Primanti Bros is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            From a fan perspective, it’s not a great rink. Netting surrounds it on all sides.

Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                              From a fan perspective, it’s not a great rink. Netting surrounds it on all sides.
                              Unfortunately I think you're going to see more and more rinks start putting netting up all the way around...
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X