Rivier U adds hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivier U adds hockey

Rivier U in NH has added mens and womens hockey for 2022. Here's their release.

https://www.rivier.edu/news/rivier-u...ckey-programs/

Here's USCHO's story:

https://www.uscho.com/2020/10/06/riv...ning-in-22-23/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

I never thought this would happen. I am very excited as an Alum of the school to see them further their athletic offerings. I guess I will need to get a better grasp on the DIII landscape. Can anyone w/ knowledge of DIII lend any suggestions on what conference they could end up in?

Comment

Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post
      I never thought this would happen. I am very excited as an Alum of the school to see them further their athletic offerings. I guess I will need to get a better grasp on the DIII landscape. Can anyone w/ knowledge of DIII lend any suggestions on what conference they could end up in?
      I think the NEHC is the best fit. With the conference adding Elmira, they could add Rivier (a GNAC school like current members JWU and Norwich) and the two GNAC hockey indepedents Anna Maria and Albertus Magnus for Fall 2022 and have two 6 team divisions like the NCHA

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

I think the NEHC is the best fit. With the conference adding Elmira, they could add Rivier (a GNAC school like current members JWU and Norwich) and the two GNAC hockey indepedents Anna Maria and Albertus Magnus for Fall 2022 and have two 6 team divisions like the NCHA
        From The Berkshire Eagle
        "The hockey program will start off by applying for membership n the American Collegiate Hockey Association, and then will transition to full NCAA Division III status for the 2022-23 season.

There are three potential conference landing spots for Rivier — the Commonwealth Coast Conference, MASCAC, or the New England Hockey Conference. MASCAC could be the most likely, since Plymouth (N.H.) State is already in the league as a football and hockey only member."
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Eric Sorenson joins Raiders Athletics as Men's Ice Hockey Head Coach to establish and launch the program in fall 2021.

Sorenson joins Rivier after serving as the NCAA Division III Assistant Coach for men’s ice hockey at Williams College (NESCAC) and Nazareth College (UCHC) over the past six seasons. His teams advanced to Conference playoffs in five of the six seasons. Prior to his tenure in college hockey, he held head coach and assistant coach/goaltending coach positions with the Rochester Jr. Americans. For nine years, he coached and managed off-ice operations for Mitch Korn Goaltending Camps. Sorenson was the starting goaltender when he played for Western New England University’s hockey team and is the program record holder for career wins by a goalie, career saves, and career shutouts.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
          X