2021 Winter Championships 75 percent of standard field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Winter Championships 75 percent of standard field

The NCAA announced today that for 2021, all winter and spring championships will be conducted at 75 percent standard capacity with the lone caveat that all automatic bid conferences would still be granted access if that number was greater than 75 percent of the standard field. For D3 men's ice hockey the field is 12, so nine teams will make it 2021. That means eight AQs and just one lone Pool C (at-large) bid for the rest to fight over.

As Al Davis would say..."just win baby" is the only way you're going dancing in 2021 (if we even can conduct championships).

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Nine beats the heck out of zero.

Comment

Yes better than nothing at this point...Go Lakers

Comment

It really means win or else, because there will only be one at large slot - 8 AQs and one Pool C. This of course assumes there will even be a season
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Are they planning to do Pairwise this season for that last spot? It seems unlikely there will be any east-west matchups and very few inter-conference games within region for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasi Hatrack View Post
            Are they planning to do Pairwise this season for that last spot? It seems unlikely there will be any east-west matchups and very few inter-conference games within region for that matter.
            Great question....no need for a pairwise if they take all the AQ conferences and then figure out something to allow for the WIAC champion to get in....It will just be your nine conference champions.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Great question....no need for a pairwise if they take all the AQ conferences and then figure out something to allow for the WIAC champion to get in....It will just be your nine conference champions.
              Regular season champs correct?? Not playoff champs?? or will they even do playoffs??

Comment

Oswego just went full remote for at least 2 weeks. Not banking on a season at this point.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

One totally unsubstantiated rumor I heard is that the Maine school may limit there opponents to schools from Maine, NH and Vermont. I guess that would mean forgoing conference play. Again, just a statement I heard, so don’t put a whole lot of credence to it!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    The NCAA announced today that for 2021, all winter and spring championships will be conducted at 75 percent standard capacity with the lone caveat that all automatic bid conferences would still be granted access if that number was greater than 75 percent of the standard field. For D3 men's ice hockey the field is 12, so nine teams will make it 2021. That means eight AQs and just one lone Pool C (at-large) bid for the rest to fight over.

As Al Davis would say..."just win baby" is the only way you're going dancing in 2021 (if we even can conduct championships).

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships
                    Yeah, well, if the governor of New York doesn't come down off his power trip, there won't be any New York teams participating... and there are no signs that is going to happen any time soon...
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                    X