Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians

With the word that Trudeau is still not ready to open the border are you getting concerned that your Canadian players may not be able to get back to campus to begin the fall semester

No problem for Canadians getting across the border to the U.S. if they have a valid visa and, presumably, if schools are complying with in person/hybrid instruction. Driving across the border is still possible as is flying (if you can find any flights). Hopefully this does not change in the next few weeks due to political firestorms in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
      No problem for Canadians getting across the border to the U.S. if they have a valid visa and, presumably, if schools are complying with in person/hybrid instruction. Driving across the border is still possible as is flying (if you can find any flights). Hopefully this does not change in the next few weeks due to political firestorms in the U.S.
      Correct. The closed border is for non essential travel. Crossing the border to work, shipping, or go to school is allowed.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Correct. The closed border is for non essential travel. Crossing the border to work, shipping, or go to school is allowed.
        It is my understanding that playing junior hockey is not considered to be an essential activity.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

It is my understanding that playing junior hockey is not considered to be an essential activity.
          Are any leagues planning on playing right now anyhow?
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Students at U.S. colleges with valid F1 visas can cross the border to return to school. Not sure where junior hockey came into this. However, you might be right about Canadians or others playing for Junior league teams in the U.S. No idea about their status. I know the WSHL has shut down for the year because a large number of its players are non-American and there are other issues with billeting etc. Sad to see all the disruption due to COVID.

Comment

Our travel team signed up for the Bell Cup in Ottawa for December/ January just in case, but we're planning an alternative tournament which really sucks because this is the last year (12U) for our group to be able to attend. While its not a NCAA Championship, Covid has killed everyone's hopes.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
              X