8.Williams
    9.Gustavus Adolphus
    10.Hamline
    11.Adrian
    12.Middlebury
    13.Manhattanville
    14.Wentworth
    15.River Falls

I dont know if RF still deserves to be ranked with seven losses but I found a hard time trying to find a team to be put in over them. Curry lost to Babson on Tuesday or I probably would have thrown them in.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 2/1

the question at the top is, will Oswego be unanimous?

Comment

No.
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Yes...Norwich had 2 first-place votes last week. A tie for Norwich and an Oswego win over a top-5 opponent means those two will now vote for Oswego.
        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Bias aside here, anyone that doesn't vote Oswego #1 just hasn't watched them play this season.
          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by spicynoodles View Post
            Yes they should be....will they be is another story.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
              Bias aside here, anyone that doesn't vote Oswego #1 just hasn't watched them play this season.
              so Norwich hasn't played well enough to warrant any first place votes?
              Jim Reisdorf
              Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Yes they should be....will they be is another story.
                Do you really believe this Remy? The reason I ask is because in another thread you still contend the Cards are better than the Lakers, even with the two losses head to head.

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Someday you will realize just because you win a game or two does not automaticly make you a "better" team. Sometimes the "better" team doesn't win. Or sometimes the "better" team can have issues with their team.
                93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                  We will just have to wait and see
                  Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by spicynoodles View Post
                    Probably not considering I've decided to vote Adrian #1 from now until the end of time.
                    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Norwich has played well enough for first place votes, but only if this was a different year. They are a great team, no doubt about that easily the second best team after Oswego but, Compare there season with Oswegos.

First off they both played Plattsburgh twice, Oswego beat them both times once at home and on the road. Norwich beat them once and tied them, both at home. As for other big games Norwich routed an decent Stout team, beat a good Amherst team and a decent Curry team. All nice wins, But they also had some tough ties along with the Platty game, a tie against Babson just last Sat, one against a good Colby team and One against a Potsdam team that Oswego beat twice.

Oswego does have one loss to a really good Elmira team that should be in the Tournament, but also beat that Elmira team twice, granite both at home. Also they beat Platty both times they met, Beat a decent Fredonia team twice, beat an average Hobart team and a tournament bound Adrian team. On top of that most they have beaten the teams they are suppose to while routing most of them along the way.

I have nothing against Norwich easily could be number one if Oswego wasn't who they are this year but they will be easily in the tournament and quite possibly be playing an Oswego team for a rematch of the 2003 title match.

Simply put Oswego's resume is just slightly better and they deserve a unanimous #1 ranking this week at least.
                      Oswego Class of '11

2012-13 ECAC-West Pick-Em' Runner-up
                      2013-14 Last Person Standing Third Place
                      2014-15 National D-III Pick'Em Runner-up

Oswego State Lakers
                      D-III National Champs 2007
                      SUNYAC Champions: 1980-82, 1984, 1989, 1991, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA D-III Frozen Four: 1987, 2003, 2007, 2010-14

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                        Do you really believe this Remy? The reason I ask is because in another thread you still contend the Cards are better than the Lakers, even with the two losses head to head.

I don't see where he said that Plattsburgh was better than Oswego last night........... what he did say is that when the Lakers won their National Championship that they lost the 2 or 3 times they played the Cards. I think that last nights game was about as evenly matched a game between these 2 teams as I have seen in a long time.
                        Jim Reisdorf
                        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                          Probably not considering I've decided to vote Adrian #1 from now until the end of time.
                          You and your ego...

Which means I'll have to vote hamline #1 to balance you out.
                          MIAC Columnist

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan11 View Post
                            Oswego does have one loss to a really good Elmira team that should be in the Tournament, but also beat that Elmira team twice, granite both at home. Also they beat Platty both times they met, Beat a decent Fredonia team twice, beat an average Hobart team and a tournament bound Adrian team. On top of that most they have beaten the teams they are suppose to while routing most of them along the way.
                            Elmira and Plattsburgh both played Oswego hard. Hard as a rock.
                            MIAC Columnist

Comment

I don't see where he said that Plattsburgh was better than Oswego last night........... what he did say is that when the Lakers won their National Championship that they lost the 2 or 3 times they played the Cards. I think that last nights game was about as evenly matched a game between these 2 teams as I have seen in a long time.
                              Fair enough, here it is. Is Oswego better than Plattsburgh? Remy?
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X