Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scores for Championship Weekend

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

    Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    I could sware the capacity is a requirement ?
    Well, if your capacity is Hobart, then yes. :-)

    But for non-predetermined sites, they may not have a choice when the final selection has to be made amongst just four schools. Do you think they will just cancel the championship because they couldn't find a host rink with enough capacity?
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

      Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Well, if your capacity is Hobart, then yes. :-)

      But for non-predetermined sites, they may not have a choice when the final selection has to be made amongst just four schools. Do you think they will just cancel the championship because they couldn't find a host rink with enough capacity?
      I just simply remember from years past that an arena had to have a minimum to host the final four.


      "FEAR THE BIRD!"

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

        Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        I just simply remember from years past that an arena had to have a minimum to host the final four.
        That's why I excluded Hobart... (Well, that and no locker rooms...)

        There's always been some sort of minimum, for sure. I believe for pre-determined sites, the minimum is a lot higher than for a spur of the moment host site.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          The biggest problem with that is St. Norbert doesn't own the CCC. Can the CCC be able to guarantee a ton of ice time devoted to the NCAA? Especially at the last minute since a decision won't be made till the final four teams are known?

          In the past, when neutral sites were looked at in the West and facilities had plenty of time to plan out their ice time, the CCC had no desire to bid on it. So, I think the answer to the above question is no.
          CCC is hosting the USAH Tier II 18U championship the week after Easter (Thurs -> Mon).
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

            Originally posted by joecct View Post
            CCC is hosting the USAH Tier II 18U championship the week after Easter (Thurs -> Mon).
            And what does that have to do with the NCAA?

            Those USAH tournaments bring a ton of money into the local community, so many times it's the community that gets behind a bid and convinces the rink to go along. Amherst, NY hosts one nearly every year for that very reason.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

              Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              That's why I excluded Hobart... (Well, that and no locker rooms...)

              There's always been some sort of minimum, for sure. I believe for pre-determined sites, the minimum is a lot higher than for a spur of the moment host site.
              Hey, we have a couple of lockers, but we might have to take the rental skates out of them

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                And what does that have to do with the NCAA?

                Those USAH tournaments bring a ton of money into the local community, so many times it's the community that gets behind a bid and convinces the rink to go along. Amherst, NY hosts one nearly every year for that very reason.
                They can find space if they have to.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

                Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                  Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  They can find space if they have to.
                  You're comparing apples and oranges. It has nothing to do with space. It has to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

                  Those USAH teams will bring in 30, 40, sometimes 50 or more teams. Think of the hotel space that requires! Attendance? They charge around $20-30 for the week pass, which every parent has to buy. How many parents are going to be traveling with these teams multiplied by the number of players of all those teams? And then the semi nearby teams will bring a lot more family and friends buying these tickets.

                  There is a HUGE incentive to host a USAH tournament. Way more than an NCAA D3 tournament. Space has nothing to do with it.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                    Is perhaps the point that CCC is unavailable because it is hosting that tourney? I don't have a calendar or NCAA dates in front of me...
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

                    Comment


                    • Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                      Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                      Is perhaps the point that CCC is unavailable because it is hosting that tourney? I don't have a calendar or NCAA dates in front of me...
                      Dates are weeks apart.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

                      Comment


                      • Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                        Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Dates are weeks apart.
                        Yeah, like 50 weeks apart. One is in April 2018 and the other is in March 2019.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                          Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                          Yeah, like 50 weeks apart. One is in April 2018 and the other is in March 2019.
                          thanks... just trying to comprehend the point ...
                          St. Norbert College Green Knights
                          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19
                          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          ---
                          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

                          Comment


                          • Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                            Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
                            Yeah, like 50 weeks apart. One is in April 2018 and the other is in March 2019.
                            This whole discussion is meaningless for a billion reasons...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

                            Comment


                            • Re: Scores for Championship Weekend

                              Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                              thanks... just trying to comprehend the point ...
                              Never try to comprehend a point made by joecct.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X