Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCHC Standings

So who's in first place in the UCHC?

Utica? Nope....quickly rising Stevenson? Nope...red-hot Elmira? Nope.

Manhattanville and Neumann? Nope.

Your answer....Lebanon Valley.

I did about six double takes thinking there is no way that's possible but it is. What a great comeback story and I'm glad to see the school has found success in their second go around having the team as a varsity program again.

http://www.uscho.com/standings/uchc/2017-2018/
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: UCHC Standings

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    So who's in first place in the UCHC?

Utica? Nope....quickly rising Stevenson? Nope...red-hot Elmira? Nope.

Manhattanville and Neumann? Nope.

Your answer....Lebanon Valley.

I did about six double takes thinking there is no way that's possible but it is. What a great comeback story and I'm glad to see the school has found success in their second go around having the team as a varsity program again.

http://www.uscho.com/standings/uchc/2017-2018/
    I had a double-take on that too yesterday, with LVC being right up-there with the "big boys". Just as fascinating is that they are sharing that top spot with 2nd-year program Stevenson. And of course, if this Utica/LVC game ends with Utica winning (up 3-0 after two), there will be a three-way tie adding Utica into the mix.

I was trying to project if Elmira had a "lock" on the post-season going-in to last night's game, and while they look like they are in good shape at 1-point behind the leaders at this time, every team in-conference has at least 1 game 'in-hand', so as of right now they do not have one of those top-six positions locked-up just yet, but 2 more points oughta do it.

Then you look on the Women's side of the UCHC, and William Smith is hanging-tough with Elmira... tied with them at the top, tied them in the Domes yesterday, and as of this very moment (1/3rd of the way into the third) tied with them in Geneva.

Cheers!!!
    ~TTF
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Comment

Utica has a game in hand v. Stevenson and LVC, and 2 games in hand v. Elmira. I certainly like their chances to get a 1st-round bye at this point, but you never know. (Utica also has a bit of a leg-up on the tie-breakers right now.)

The UCHC has been fairly terrible OOC - much worse that the ECAC-W ever was (I blame Hobart!) but it's cannibalizing itself in-conference. UC is by far the best team statistically, but the dreaded AQ looms large....
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-04-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't it be the dreaded Pool B?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
          ... with LVC being right up-there with the "big boys"...
          I believe the more true assessment would be "the big boys are now playing right down-there with LVC" for which RIT and Hobart are primarily to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            I believe the more true assessment would be "the big boys are now playing right down-there with LVC" for which RIT and Hobart are primarily to blame.
            I don't know if that's necessarily true. Utica and Elmira have some nice non-conference wins this year.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

There's no AQ is there ? A first year league ?
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                There's no AQ is there ? A first year league ?
                Uchc AQ starts 2019-20.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Uchc AQ starts 2019-20.
                  More NCAA cartel garbage. This league, as the "ECAC West", had 7 of the same teams that it does this year. For some stupid reason the name change reset the AQ clock.
                  Last edited by jcase; 02-05-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

When do the regional rankings start ? Must be soon.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Wouldn't it be the dreaded Pool B?
                      "A cow-flop by any other name..." to paraphrase The Bard . It all smacks a bit of semantics given that the UCHC's tournament winner is a de-facto AQ, right?

(...Or is it?)

I seem to grasp that only the WIAC and the UCHC are eligible for Pool B, but is there any requirement that both conferences get a bid, or can one or the other be awarded two Pool B's...? I can't find anything definitive about it, but I'm sure you'll know and I thank you in advance, Joe.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                        More NCAA cartel garbage. This league, as the "ECAC West", had 7 of the same teams that it does this year. For some stupid reason the name change reset the AQ clock.
                        It is really is an illogical process, but I don't care what anybody's conference-affiliation is vis-a-vis an AQ, anyway. The AQ is a clueless concept in general, at least in the way it's currently implemented. There are much better ways to pick the field.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          "A cow-flop by any other name..." to paraphrase The Bard . It all smacks a bit of semantics given that the UCHC's tournament winner is a de-facto AQ, right?

(...Or is it?)

I seem to grasp that only the WIAC and the UCHC are eligible for Pool B, but is there any requirement that both conferences get a bid, or can one or the other be awarded two Pool B's...? I can't find anything definitive about it, but I'm sure you'll know and I thank you in advance, Joe.
                          The highest ranked out of the WIAC & UCHC will be compared head to head. The higher ranked (W3 beats E4, for example) will get Pool B. The "loser" gets thrown into the Pool C pool.

Then the highest ranked teams who are not in Pool A (AQ) or Pool B are compared to fill out the 12 team field.

Remember a higher regional ranking beats everyone below your ranking. Thus if Adrian is W1 and SNC is W3, SNC will get a Pool C.

Matt/Ray - I think I've gotten most of the pick the field threads from prior years.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The highest ranked out of the WIAC & UCHC will be compared head to head. The higher ranked (W3 beats E4, for example) will get Pool B. The "loser" gets thrown into the Pool C pool.

Then the highest ranked teams who are not in Pool A (AQ) or Pool B are compared to fill out the 12 team field.

Remember a higher regional ranking beats everyone below your ranking. Thus if Adrian is W1 and SNC is W3, SNC will get a Pool C.

Matt/Ray - I think I've gotten most of the pick the field threads from prior years.
                            Thank you. I thought there were two Pool B bids in the offing, and evidently there's just the one.

I don't pay much attention to the "process" because I find it too illogical, too inequitable and too arcane to merit the requisite attention to bother with it. JMO. (Before anyone gets too upset, I will readily admit that the past few fields have been well-selected, either by design or by accident.)

I doubt I'll live to see the day, but D-3 really ought to go to an objective selection process of some sort, be it via the KRACH, or the RPI or a Pairwise of some sort, regardless of conference affiliation. It's fairly ironic that liberal private colleges embrace this version of gerrymandering that currently exists.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

This is so inaccurate it really doesn't even merit a response. If you want to know how the field is selected, go over to the other site and read all of the old bracketology columns.

A team can have an AQ and be ranked below a Pool C candidate. Good heavens!

Comment

Working...
                              X