X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games of the midweek 1/26 - 1/28/10 - warmup band to Armageddon II

FINAL: Trinity 6 @ Wesleyan 4

FINAL: Assumption 3 @ Salve Regina 2
    Last edited by norm1909; 01-27-2010, 06:26 AM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Nothing across in the 3rd period
      FINAL
      Salem State 3 SOG 35
      Bowdoin 6 SOG 34

Next up for the Vikings are the Owls of Westfield State on Thursday in Witch City.

Bowdoin travels into the Deep Blue of the Commonwealth to play Williams on Friday night.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Rossi in net for Bowdoin for period 3 -- one of the good guys.

Interesting tidbit - New England Select 16's the goalies were Jon Quick and Chris Rossi.
        I watched and listened to the webcast of tonights Bowdoin/Salem State game. Was the secondary announcer eating while describing the action in the third period? It sure sounded like it to me.

Comment

Bowdoin (originally) sent in the box score with James Lacour written in as Salem State's goalie

Can Avione change his number again? This time to something besides #30, so this doesn't keep happening?
          Last edited by MCullen; 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM. Reason: box score in link is fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by MCullen View Post
            Bowdoin sent in the box score with James LaCour written in as Salem State's goalie

Can Avione change his number again? This time to something besides #30, so this doesn't keep happening?
            CRIPES!!!!

Livestats had it right all night and I thought livestats fed directly into collegehockeystats. Guess another email to the SID is in order. I feel like I am becoming the Hockey Dad from Hell.

Quoth the write up:
            Shannon made 25 saves in net for Bowdoin, allowing three goals in 40 minutes of play before being relieved by Chris Rossi, who stopped seven shots and allowed none in the third period. Sam Avoine made 28 stops between the pipes for Salem. MacCormack and Sisson finished with a goal and an assist apiece for Bowdoin, while Reich and Shearer-Hardy each had three assists on the evening.
            As to why this has happened -- #35 has disappeared from the Salem St. uniform locker. SSC has only #1 and #30 now for goaltenders.

Sam wore #1 @ NEC, so they had Ridgeway in net and James as the backup. Guess they don't pay too much attention to the scoresheet.

Besides getting SSC to change James to #35, anyone have any other ideas??

Edit -- they fixed it without the email from the Hockey Dad from Hell.
            Last edited by joecct; 01-26-2010, 10:06 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              ...As to why this has happened -- #35 has disappeared from the Salem St. uniform locker. SSC has only #1 and #30 now for goaltenders.

Besides getting SSC to change James to #35, anyone have any other ideas??

Edit -- they fixed it without the email from the Hockey Dad from Hell.
              A fundraiser to replace the #35 travel jersey
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

In the one D-III game scheduled tonight, Nichols defeated Western NE 7-2.

As for the Salem State jersey situation; I have a few questions about that.

-If #1 and #30 are the only jerseys that Salem State has for goalies, does that mean they can only dress two goalies per game for the rest of the season?

-Also, if #1 and #30 are the only numbers that the Vikings have; then why does their roster have a goalie with #34? Is that just a placeholder number, or do they have another jersey stashed somewhere?

-If James isn't playing for the rest of the season, and Sam Avione is currently wearing #30 in games; why don't they update the roster so Avione is listed as #30 and not #35? This way, schools unaware of the situation and too ignorant to match names up on the scoresheet to the roster don't keep listing the wrong goalie.

-Finally, how exactly is Sam Avione's name spelled? The fact that everyone has different spellings/pronunciations is really confusing me.

Comment

Is James a Junior or a Senior? This has lead me to believe he is a Junior
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Despite only appearing in three seasons thus far, James is a senior.

Answered here. Quoted below.

Originally posted by joecct
                    He's an NCAA Senior
                    Yr 1 - arrives in January - practices 9x, never dresses and gets high ankle sprain. NCAA is counting this as a year of competition
                    Yr 2 (CHS #1) 07-08 7 GP 1 GS 130:45 mins
                    Yr 3 (CHS #2) 08-09 3 GP 3 GS 180:00 mins
                    Yr 4 (CHS #3) 09-10 8 games played. The NEC game he was listed as dressed, but did not play, even though he was home studying for a make-up final.

Comment

Originally posted by MCullen View Post
                      Despite only appearing in three seasons thus far, James is a senior.

Answered here. Quoted below.
                      I missed that post, just another example of NCAA BS, exploitation is one thing, but common sense still has a place in the world. Has he pursued an appeal – a bonafide, documented injury should warrant an exception.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Thursday - January 28 2010
                        Fitchburg State at Worcester State 5:30 pm
                        Framingham State at Plymouth State 6:00 pm
                        Curry at Johnson & Wales 6:45 pm
                        Westfield State at Salem State 7:00 pm
                        Wentworth at Stonehill 7:00 pm
                        Southern N.H. at UMass Dartmouth 7:30 pm
                        St. Norbert at Wis-Stevens Pt. 7:30 pm Pointer Call - Norberts Call
                        Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                        2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
                        2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
                        2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
                        "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
                          Thursday - January 28 2010
                          Fitchburg State at Worcester State 5:30 pm
                          Framingham State at Plymouth State 6:00 pm
                          Curry at Johnson & Wales 6:45 pm
                          Westfield State at Salem State 7:00 pm
                          Wentworth at Stonehill 7:00 pm
                          Southern N.H. at UMass Dartmouth 7:30 pm
                          St. Norbert at Wis-Stevens Pt. 7:30 pm Pointer Call - Norberts Call
                          any reason for the Thursday start in the SP/SNC game?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            any reason for the Thursday start in the SP/SNC game?
                            There needs to be one Thursday game so that all seven NCHA teams can play two league games on the same "weekend".
                            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

J&W does not have any live stats or anything so if anyone is there and can post any updates of the CURRY game, please do!!

Comment

Apparently MASCAC-TV is protesting the Brown election by showing just a blue screen.

(Monroe) Westfield 0
                                (Avione) Salem 3 (Crocker,?????, MacInnis)

End 1.

Pronounced a' vone
                                Last edited by joecct; 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X