Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Leone

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
    Does it have anything to do with his redshirt?
    no idea i was just breaking balls thats all, as this thread was a funny thing to begin with......

Comment

Originally posted by pierre maguire View Post
      Unless you've spoke directly to Mike Leone, this is all speculation so who really cares. Utica will be fine, Adrian will be fine and Mike Leone will be fine. Good for him going to WMU...hope he is able to make the most of the opportunity!

XYZ....Hilarious video! Well done!
      You forgot Lindenwood will be fine and WMU will be fine...well....ummm...

Comment

Just so I can understand the reason for this thread...People are taking shots at a kid (well, young man) who (it appears) was having difficulty during what may have been a tough time in his life. He transfered schools a few times as a result and is now in school with the potential of playing NCAA DI hockey? So I guess the guy ended up alright or should we find something else wrong with him? I guess those who posted negatively always made the right moves in life and never had to change anything about themselves. Must be nice to have it all figured out all the time. Or maybe some were/are scared to ever make a change and take a risk on something so they sit back and point the finger at someone else trying to do his best and find his place.

Sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by davinchi View Post
          Just so I can understand the reason for this thread...People are taking shots at a kid (well, young man) who (it appears) was having difficulty during what may have been a tough time in his life. He transfered schools a few times as a result and is now in school with the potential of playing NCAA DI hockey? So I guess the guy ended up alright or should we find something else wrong with him? I guess those who posted negatively always made the right moves in life and never had to change anything about themselves. Must be nice to have it all figured out all the time. Or maybe some were/are scared to ever make a change and take a risk on something so they sit back and point the finger at someone else trying to do his best and find his place.

Sheesh
          I can admit, I played foosball in college came in second in a couple of tournaments, but never won, and I even switch majors a couple times, but transferring schools 3 times in a couple years - that is pushing it. I certainly hope and I would hope everyone who posted, wish the best for him, but nevertheless - his experience is uncommon to say the least.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Is it common to graduate in 1983 from a Community College and then take 17 more years until graduating from a University?

Comment

Is it common to graduate in 1983 from a Community College and then take 17 more years until graduating from a University?
              I think so, though I can't speak for community college students, when I got my masters, a majority of the students had been out of school even longer than I was (BS - SUNY Plattsburgh - 1986).
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Congratulations Norm on reaching such a high level of education. You should be proud of your accomplishments. I don't suppose you learned how to remove one's foot from one's mouth during your schooling? Mine is stuck in here pretty good. So much for that post being a witty comeback..and now I retreat to being a casual observer.

For the record: I still think people should lay off Leone.

Comment

Congratulations Norm on reaching such a high level of education. You should be proud of your accomplishments. I don't suppose you learned how to remove one's foot from one's mouth during your schooling? Mine is stuck in here pretty good. So much for that post being a witty comeback..and now I retreat to being a casual observer.

For the record: I still think people should lay off Leone.
                  Why thank you I do believe that programs requiring master’s degrees, such as education or many medical and legal fields, probably do have a majority of students who are fresh out of undergrad programs, whereas the administration program I took had predominately students who had reached a point in their career where they needed an extra edge if they were to continue to advance up the ladder. Also, I intended no sarcasm on that I wish Leone the best in his career, but I wouldn't nominate him as a poster child for advancement - though making it DI is certainly an accomplishment most DIII players would enjoy.
                  Last edited by norm1909; 10-05-2010, 10:49 PM.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Sheesh
                    The reason for the thread was ( I think ) because it was started during the OFF season so the people on this board where lets say board,lol, and had nothing else hockeywise, is that a word?, to discuss, dont think there was any bad/harsh thoughts comments made towards this kid........that said hope he does well.......let the seasons begin

Comment

Dead horse alert :

Dude is getting ready for his senior season at Western and has had a couple fairly productive seasons, including some time on the PP (although I think he may have been injured for a portion of last season.) Good to see him stick on a team that he must finally be comfortable with. It's also cool because it shows how small the gap actually is between the top level D3 teams and middle of the pack D1 teams.

All the best to Mike this season...

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,18992/mike-leone/

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Dead horse alert :

Dude is getting ready for his senior season at Western and has had a couple fairly productive seasons, including some time on the PP (although I think he may have been injured for a portion of last season.) Good to see him stick on a team that he must finally be comfortable with. It's also cool because it shows how small the gap actually is between the top level D3 teams and middle of the pack D1 teams.

All the best to Mike this season...

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,18992/mike-leone/
                        And he scores the game-winning goal last night to lift Western Michigan to the Great Lakes Invy title. Pretty crazy road he's traveled and I'm sure he's soured some Utica and Adrian fans but nice to see a D3 kid having an impact for a D1 team.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          And he scores the game-winning goal last night to lift Western Michigan to the Great Lakes Invy title. Pretty crazy road he's traveled and I'm sure he's soured some Utica and Adrian fans but nice to see a D3 kid having an impact for a D1 team.
                          Lifted WMU to the GLI final. They play Michigan Tech for the title tonight.

And no, no bitterness here, I don't think.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                          X