Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Leone

Originally posted by Truenorth View Post
    I’ve never seen ACHA games so no idea what it’s like. Do games measure-up in caliber to top D-3 ?
    No. Top ACHA would be .500 or so in ECAC-E and comfortably above .500 in the ECAC-NE.

Last year Penn State lost to Salem St. 2-1 and beat Salve Regina 8-0. The previous year, Rhode Island went up to Norwich for the Times-Argus and did not do so good.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      No. Top ACHA would be .500 or so in ECAC-E and comfortably above .500 in the ECAC-NE.

Last year Penn State lost to Salem St. 2-1 and beat Salve Regina 8-0. The previous year, Rhode Island went up to Norwich for the Times-Argus and did not do so good.
      Kind a figured !
      Thanks joecct

Comment

Originally posted by Truenorth View Post
        I’ve never seen ACHA games so no idea what it’s like. Do games measure-up in caliber to top D-3 ?
        Penn State (ACHA) played in last year's Salem State Classic, where Salem State edged Penn State 2-1, stats here.

USCHO Salem State Classic thread here, contains many thoughts on the subject.

Fyi - Penn State ended the 2008-09 season in second place in the ACHA Division I (after Lindenwood).
        Last edited by norm1909; 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I was just curious because in a recent conversation with a graduate from Lindenwood’s men hockey program, although this guy had enjoyed his experience there, he also mentioned he would’ve preferred playing for a top D-3 club if ever he had the chance…. so kind'a confirms what you guys are saying.

Comment

I wonder if mostly playing on the third line of a four line rotation had anything to do with the change.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
              I wonder if mostly playing on the third line of a four line rotation had anything to do with the change.
              Are you referring to Mike Leone ....and if so ....what 3rd line are you referring to ?

Comment

Mike Leone mostly played on Adrian's 3rd line with Workman and Towns. The second line was Houston,Dahlinger and Kuzyk.

Comment

Um, no. Leone was paired quite a bit with Dahlinger on the 2nd line, and likely would have centered Skelly and Miller this year.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

A quick follow up here, and then I probably should act like I'm supposed to get work done this afternoon.

A recap of last season

The people at Northland must have been drinking or something when they put the game summary in there. If I'm reading the above correctly, and mixing in what I remember from last year, much more often than not Leone centered Dahlinger and Kuzyk. Houston rode shotgun with Workman and Towns, with Satterley mixed in there as well.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What line anyone was on meant very little since Coach Fogarty rotated players from line to line frequently. Every forward had the opportunity to be on the ice with Adam Krug. Lines changed even from shift to shift. Maybe this year they can find those perfect combinations.

Comment

Exactly the point I was trying to make can not be an athletic bound scholarship and the article states that is what it was a hockey grant or even a grant to play hockey and originally it said a full hockey scholarship before they went back and changed the original article! Thanks for driving the point home Normy!

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post

Comment

Are you saying that they don't have to pay any tuition at the school or they don't have to pay to play hockey there? The hockey program has a huge budget it is recognized as a varsity sport on their campus.

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                          lindenwood is interesting because you do not pay to play as a first year player there. Maybe that has something to do with it. They have a history of one and done players

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
                            What line anyone was on meant very little since Coach Fogarty rotated players from line to line frequently. Every forward had the opportunity to be on the ice with Adam Krug. Lines changed even from shift to shift. Maybe this year they can find those perfect combinations.

What are you talking about? According to some of the dingbats around here Adrian played the first line 58 minutes per game
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              What are you talking about? According to some of the dingbats around here Adrian played the first line 58 minutes per game
                              That's why the NCHA are afraid to play us........lol !

Seriously though...don't believe the dingbats !
                              It may have happened a couple of times against Northland ........but, the icetime for the first line was cut back a lot in their two victories over the US<18 team........because the <18's didn't play their best guys !
                              Last edited by NorthernLite; 08-28-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Mike Leone is a toolbox nuff said. let him participate in the extracurrkular CLUB of hockey and let him fade in to your memories

Comment

Working...
                                X