Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pointer Hockey 2009-10 ~ Reload

Originally posted by UWSP_Fan View Post
    Im hearing there down to 26 players now. Someones having surgery and out for the year to save eligibility. Im still trying to confirm this and who it actually is.
    I believe it was defenseman Tyler Krueger...
    Michael Trzinski
    Editor/Partner
    Wisconsin Prep Hockey
    www.wisconsinprephockey.net

Comment

Some interestingly high numbers chosen by the players...

http://athletics.uwsp.edu/roster.aspx?path=mhockey&
      Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
      2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
      2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
      2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
      "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

I'd noticed the high sweater #'s as well Wormser, but the last time we had a lot of guys sporting digits like that, we had some good teams... 1998/1999 etc.

I like the mix of size and returning guys from last year. I am still looking for more info on some of the new players in at Point.

Puck drops tomorrow. sweet!
        Jay, the Rowdy Crowd,and associated goons (Powerofyellowandblack) cannot be held liable for any injury, grevious bodily harm, or property damage that may be caused around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by trasher View Post
          I believe it was defenseman Tyler Krueger...
          Yeah thats who i heard too. I just wanted to make sure it was him.

Comment

http://www.saucehockey.com/story.html

Beckfeld is one of the founders and owners of Sauce Hockey. He’s a slick dangling center with a “do whatever it takes” attitude who isn’t afraid to get his nose dirty or drop the mitts if needed. This guy would go toe to toe with freakin Boogarrd if it was what the team needed, and he’d wake up in the hospital still talking trash. Then the next time he hits the ice he might dangle through your whole team and put a snipe bar down for a Gee Dub. That’s just the kind of player and guy he is. After his almost half a decade with Cedar Rapids, Beckfeld committed to D III powerhouse University of Wisconsin Stevens Point where he captained the squad his junior and senior seasons. After a point packed career at Point he signed a contract this past summer with Stjernen in the Norwegian Elite League. He resides in Plymouth in the offseason where he trains and skates and puts in a lot of time with the local high school summer training programs. He’s worked long and hard to get where he is and is definitely a guy you want on your bench when the team needs a goal or the game gets ugly. Either way Becks is going to show up.
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

The series win at Stout was a big turning point for the team. So now its on the Norberts to continue the playoff run... Point will need more than the 1 or 2 goals they've been getting a game from the offense to get a win there. It is good to see the guys you would expect to score the big clutch goals scoring the big clutch goals right now though.

Regardless of what happens at SNC, I think the momentum from that the two OT wins will propel this team into next season.

Speer quit the team this last week, and as far as I'm concerned, good riddance. He over committed to one side game in and game out for the last season and a half, and could never get over to make the back door save, plus he repeatedly let weak first shot goals in.

Graves looks as though he's the real deal. In his first few starts he was a little shaky but he is a freshman. These last 4-5 weeks though, he has really turned it on. Since the beginning of the second half(Jan 2-forward) he has a 2.18 GAA, and a .931 sv % in his 11 starts. And a handful of those saves have been absolute game savers.
              Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
              "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Who else left the team as the year went on??

Comment

Originally posted by UWSP_Fan View Post
                  Who else left the team as the year went on??
                  Speer, and I believe Alan Armour(3rd string goalie) left. That's it.
                  Wormser - Rowdy Crowd

Comment

Chris Annuziato left after the first semester.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6 View Post
                      Chris Annuziato left after the first semester.
                      Thanks. I know he didn't play, but wasn't sure if he was injured or what.
                      Wormser - Rowdy Crowd

Comment

Thanks, I heard it was just those 3 guys but just wondering if anyone else had left during the season.

Comment

Working...
                        X