Pointer Hockey 2009-10 ~ Reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pointer Hockey 2009-10 ~ Reload

Yeah, I think Speer is going to have a real battle on his hands keeping that #1 spot this season.
    Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
    2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
    2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
    2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
    "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
      Yeah, I think Speer is going to have a real battle on his hands keeping that #1 spot this season.
      Don't sell Nick Graves short, either...
      Michael Trzinski
      Editor/Partner
      Wisconsin Prep Hockey
      www.wisconsinprephockey.net

Comment

Originally posted by trasher View Post
        Don't sell Nick Graves short, either...
        Don't you mean don't bury him?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
          Yeah, he looks to be pretty solid. There will definetely be a fight for the #1 spot in goal this season.
          Talking with others guys out of the MJHL, they say he could be a toss up..

Guys say when he's on he's on, but when he's off he's off.

You can't dispute that he was on Selkirk either, with that kind of team around him it's easy to cruise to the MJHL tendy of the year, not to take anything away from his efforts in net.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
          WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
          NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
          WIAC Championships: 10-11
          NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
          NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
            Talking with others guys out of the MJHL, they say he could be a toss up..

Guys say when he's on he's on, but when he's off he's off.

I've been looking into Alan Armour, the goaltender recruit from Selkirk (MJHL), everything I've heard about him is great. I think this is a fantastic pick-up for UWSP in the goaltending department. Two thumbs up. I hope I get to see him play at some point.

?
            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
              ?
              The points differed between guys who played in Selkirk's division (Addison) and those who played in the Sher-Wood division.

The positive comments came from MJHL guys who only played Selkirk twice and only saw him based on those two games because they were not a divisional opponent; those two games he played rock solid.

The more 'iffy' comments came from guys who were divisional opponents of Selkirk and played against Armour more often and saw his ups and downs.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

The points differed between guys who played in Selkirk's division (Addison) and those who played in the Sher-Wood division.

The positive comments came from MJHL guys who only played Selkirk twice and only saw him based on those two games because they were not a divisional opponent; those two games he played rock solid.

The more 'iffy' comments came from guys who were divisional opponents of Selkirk and played against Armour more often and saw his ups and downs.
                Well I know this, but acknowledging it from the beginning would have taken away all the fun...
                “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                  Well I know this, but acknowledging it from the beginning would have taken away all the fun...
                  Exactly! That's why I saved it for two individual posts. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Comment

Sophomore defenseman Kent Detlefsen, a transfer from Superior, will indeed be playing for Stevens Point this season.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Pointer Hockey named best sport on campus.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

There are some works in process that may cause the student section to be very large for every home game.

If Point can get a crowd on par of that that was at the SNC game last year for every home game..... yeah, that'd be nice.
                        Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
                        "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

FWIW, Point had its first official team practice today.... season is getting close! Finally.
                          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd

Comment

It's about time, especially since I was skunked on seeing them last year.. Yep, I went 0-fer.

I like the additions, interested to see how things mesh out.

Gotta love some of the changes coming down the pipe & the fact that the student support is growing again..
                            Jay, the Rowdy Crowd,and associated goons (Powerofyellowandblack) cannot be held liable for any injury, grevious bodily harm, or property damage that may be caused around the world.

Comment

Im hearing there down to 26 players now. Someones having surgery and out for the year to save eligibility. Im still trying to confirm this and who it actually is.

Comment

UWSP's first game is in 6 days this upcoming saturday (10/24) versus Northland College. First home game 10/30 versus St. Scholastica. **** I cant wait for the season to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X