Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I remember that game well. One of the most exciting games I ever saw. Hopefully these guys can make it happen. I'm proud of Norwich and the way that they play the game with integrity and ability. One more game. The "schooling comment" was directed at certain posters from the west who claimed that the final game was going to come down to UWSP and SNC. Not so much an all West final.
    I should have figured that there had to be a well deserved target for that remark. This team of youngsters has that same magic about them that that other crew of Cadet Young Turks had in Lake Placid. One more game...just one more game. Go Cadets.
    Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-25-2017, 12:32 AM.
    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

I picked Trinity at the beginning of the tournament for my dark horse. A hot, talented team out of a good league that has been here before and knows how to win. Dangerous squad. Hope the Cadets still have their legs. I think Norwich is the better team, but not heavy favorites.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I picked Trinity at the beginning of the tournament for my dark horse. A hot, talented team out of a good league that has been here before and knows how to win. Dangerous squad. Hope the Cadets still have their legs. I think Norwich is the better team, but not heavy favorites.
        This is going to be a good one. I just need to get the NCAA audio muted and synch it with WDEV. I'm also delighted for Puck Voice to get to call a national championship game again. George and DEV have been with the Cadets since the beginning of the Krietzberg era.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
          I don't think so. They're good. They're very good. And if they finish as national runner-up, they're still good. Best of all, despite the fact that they're losing some phenomenal players, I think the future is bright too.

It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said they'd bring in a good freshman class and be back in the FINAL four this year 😋
          Wasn't saying one more win made them a good team or not...just saying I don't care about anything else other than one more win.

The rest is just noise.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Reasons to cheer for Norwich tonight:

1. For the glory of Mother Norwich
            2. This team deserves it
            3. To even out the terrible banner placement in Kreitzberg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
            Norwich '13

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              Reasons to cheer for Norwich tonight:

1. For the glory of Mother Norwich
              2. This team deserves it
              3. To even out the terrible banner placement in Kreitzberg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
              I'll add one more.

4. Cadet Crosby
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

I hope the NCAA.COM streaming is better tonight than it was last night. I lost most of one period to that blue screen that tells us they are in a commercial break. I listened to the audio from WDEV.com but the synch is so bad I just went with the NCAA announcers.
                Go Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Norwich Third Bencher View Post
                  I hope the NCAA.COM streaming is better tonight than it was last night. I lost most of one period to that blue screen that tells us they are in a commercial break. I listened to the audio from WDEV.com but the synch is so bad I just went with the NCAA announcers.
                  That happened to me a couple times when watching the first game at the hotel. I found that if you just exited out and then clicked watch video again it would work fine.

Love seeing the Norwich takeover around Utica right now. Those still in Vermont hop in a car and let's gooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich Third Bencher View Post
                    I didn't have any problems watching the games with Comcast streaming on my Samsung TV. Although I had to use a wireless keyboard to get the game.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      One of the security guys told me that a lot of Comets STHs bought tickets for tomorrow only, and that they were expecting much higher attendance than today.
                      Looking online, there's still a crap-ton of tickets available in almost every section of the upper bowl. I'm thinking the guy who told me that attendance would be much higher tonight didn't know what he was talking about.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        I'll add one more.

4. Cadet Crosby
                        Amen. I'll raise a glass to that.
                        Norwich '13

Comment

+1000 to both NU Pastime's and Prez's posts! For my own perspective, I have made changes and comments to the order and added one.

1. Charlie was sure to watch the game last night from above, proud as always. We all miss him.

2. As for Mother Norwich, NU has a long history of competing with honor and skill, combined with promoting academic success, an epitome of NCAA DIV III Athletics. (Note, they are not the only team in DIV III to achieve this, but they have done it consistently year to year).

3. I also agree that this team deserves this. While we have many quality players who could try to carry this team on their shoulders, it is the fact that they play together and support each other in their common goal. All four forward lines score, all three defensive lines not only play excellent D, they share in the scoring. Our two quality goalies trust in their teammates to help protect the goal and carry the play out of the zone. The upperclassman have helped the freshman learn the Norwich way of playing, and nurtured them to have confidence. In return, all of the freshman players have contributed greatly to the game, and will carry the torch into next year. The coaching staff believes in them and the team believes in the coaches. And the fans... well, we cheer them on through thick and thin, and are so proud of them. All of these things make a team deserving of championship status.

4. We have a fantastic video broadcast to watch and the calling of the game by George Commo, WDEV and NSN. George is part of this team, uniting fans far and wide in the support of Norwich. His excellent ability to call the game with out prejudice, is deserving of him announcing a National broadcast of Div III Tournament Finals. Unfortunately, that can't happen as long as Norwich is in the game. I too tried to listen to George last night, but couldn't sync it to the action. His call of the game was more precise than the NCAA announcers. Thanks for being there for us George, WDEV, NSN and Norwich University (who pays the bill to have live videos).

5. As for the banners at Kreitzberg, it is nice to re-arrange the decor of a room every once in a while. I so wish I could see them hanging now, I haven't attended a game in 3 seasons due to moving to Florida. I watch the team every time they play, but the video, as it should, focuses on the game, and not the banners. MAYBE Prez COULD COORDINATE A BANNER HANGING VIDEO WITH ALL OF THE TEAM AND COACHES IN ATTENDANCE. (I am not yelling, just trying to have Prez see this suggestion). All the fans, including me would love that... and so would Charlie

Thanks Norwich for broadcasting the games all season! There are a lot of us watching and cheering you on from afar.

Hope the team isn't too banged up from last night. However, even if they are, I trust they will still play with strength and skill and go after the tournament hardware they so deserve. Go Cadets, make some more wonderful memories of this season!
                          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                            +1000 to both NU Pastime's and Prez's posts! For my own perspective, I have made changes and comments to the order and added one.

1. Charlie was sure to watch the game last night from above, proud as always. We all miss him.

2. As for Mother Norwich, NU has a long history of competing with honor and skill, combined with promoting academic success, an epitome of NCAA DIV III Athletics. (Note, they are not the only team in DIV III to achieve this, but they have done it consistently year to year).

3. I also agree that this team deserves this. While we have many quality players who could try to carry this team on their shoulders, it is the fact that they play together and support each other in their common goal. All four forward lines score, all three defensive lines not only play excellent D, they share in the scoring. Our two quality goalies trust in their teammates to help protect the goal and carry the play out of the zone. The upperclassman have helped the freshman learn the Norwich way of playing, and nurtured them to have confidence. In return, all of the freshman players have contributed greatly to the game, and will carry the torch into next year. The coaching staff believes in them and the team believes in the coaches. And the fans... well, we cheer them on through thick and thin, and are so proud of them. All of these things make a team deserving of championship status.

4. We have a fantastic video broadcast to watch and the calling of the game by George Commo, WDEV and NSN. George is part of this team, uniting fans far and wide in the support of Norwich. His excellent ability to call the game with out prejudice, is deserving of him announcing a National broadcast of Div III Tournament Finals. Unfortunately, that can't happen as long as Norwich is in the game. I too tried to listen to George last night, but couldn't sync it to the action. His call of the game was more precise than the NCAA announcers. Thanks for being there for us George, WDEV, NSN and Norwich University (who pays the bill to have live videos).

5. As for the banners at Kreitzberg, it is nice to re-arrange the decor of a room every once in a while. I so wish I could see them hanging now, I haven't attended a game in 3 seasons due to moving to Florida. I watch the team every time they play, but the video, as it should, focuses on the game, and not the banners. MAYBE Prez COULD COORDINATE A BANNER HANGING VIDEO WITH ALL OF THE TEAM AND COACHES IN ATTENDANCE. (I am not yelling, just trying to have Prez see this suggestion). All the fans, including me would love that... and so would Charlie

Thanks Norwich for broadcasting the games all season! There are a lot of us watching and cheering you on from afar.

Hope the team isn't too banged up from last night. However, even if they are, I trust they will still play with strength and skill and go after the tournament hardware they so deserve. Go Cadets, make some more wonderful memories of this season!
                            Now if you could broadcast BOTH games of your own tournament...that would be great.
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              Now if you could broadcast BOTH games of your own tournament...that would be great.
                              I agree with you, I would have watched both games. No clue why it wasn't broadcast. However, I am more disappointed that we didn't have a Norwich vs Oswego final for that tournament and for the NCAA 2017 finals tonight.
                              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                I agree...both SNC and Adrian and their fans deserve as much. Both are tough skilled clubs that I am sure both our Cadets and Trinity are happy to have in their rear view mirror. As for the broadcasts last night...one message I got was "this telecast not for your device"---and a few minutes later it was loud and clear. Then I had to reboot maybe a dozen times throughout the game. Real bush league but maybe it has something to the NCAAs pledge about something do do with their "dedication to amateurism.". The play by play guys were okay...but certainly no George Como and Cory Gufstason.... that's for bloody sure.
                                Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-25-2017, 02:28 PM.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X