Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    The Coach .... what do you expect this season?
    http://vimeo.com/187770333

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      The Coach .... what do you expect this season?
      http://vimeo.com/187770333
      Good video. Thanks Puck Voice.

      A couple points. First, he mentioned the Air Force transfer. That should be a recruiting template for every Norwich sport, the others more than hockey. Go to the academies, to VMI and The Citadel, and recruit kids who want to be at a military school but just missed being part of a DI program. It's a win for everybody. The teams get players who were just outside the cut of being a DI talent. The kids get to play their sport and attend a military school. And the school adds more Corps kids to the teams who boost Corps interest and therefore school pride.

      Two, I liked the story he told of his first team being only .500 but one of the best he coached. It puts into perspective the idea of building a program and a legacy as opposed to each season being independent of each other. For example, my senior year in high school we played for a state championship in baseball, which was farther than any team in any sport at my school ever advanced. And while we got the credit, we were only there because when we were freshmen the seniors indoctrinated us into how we do things as a program and how we win. We should expect to win. So three years later, they weren't there at the state championship, but they were a major reason we were there. I think McShane was right on in analysing how standards and attitudes build on each other and that's what builds a program over the years.

      And finally, minor pet leave, but it annoys me how we hang the National Championship banners in Kreitzberg, divided by the scoreboard. I always find it more impressive when you slam them together. But, like I side, minor pet peave.
      Norwich '13

      2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        While the exhibition won't be streamed I will be there and will file a report afterwards.l Justin Charbonneau is at the University of Ottawa and scored his first goal for them Wednesday night.
        Looking forward to your report. Where do you intend to file it?

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
          Looking forward to your report. Where do you intend to file it?
          Just wrote a nice long report and this bleeping system would not accept it ... so now the short version .... good first ... ragged second ... penalty filled third in which the visitors ran out of gas. All the goals from veterans ... hat trick for Pichette. Newcomers all looked good ... Dockery on D looked like a real comer.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Just wrote a nice long report and this bleeping system would not accept it ... so now the short version .... good first ... ragged second ... penalty filled third in which the visitors ran out of gas. All the goals from veterans ... hat trick for Pichette. Newcomers all looked good ... Dockery on D looked like a real comer.
            The lines ....
            Surowiec-Pelletier-Baldillez
            Dillnger-Piacentini-Salvucci
            Lewis-Flaherty-Williams
            Russell-Thompson-Griffin
            Pichette-Ermakov-Jackson
            (Pichette played all three periods ... Ermakov/Jackson only the 3rd)

            D-Pairs
            Smith-Brandrup
            Rowland-Dockery
            Evangelista-Robertson
            Erickson-Cronin
            Beecy-Cyr (3rd period only)

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

              The bench must have been very crowded - 5 lines and 5 D pairs. How many Goalies?
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                The bench must have been very crowded - 5 lines and 5 D pairs. How many Goalies?
                Two Forwards and 2 D didn't join the fray until the 3rd ... they replaced four others but you are right ... with four coaches and a couple of goalies there tooo it was pretty crowded.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                  Norwich season previews are up:

                  Written preview: http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...20161024qpqqe7

                  Video preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h682KS_lPnU
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                    So I watch the games, follow this board, etc. But that's more out of being a Norwich fan as opposed to really knowing anything about DIII hockey (still learning). The leagues the recruits are coming from and whatnot don't mean a lot to me as I'm completely ignorant on hockey recruiting. And with that said, anybody with actual knowledge have any predictions and/or expectations for the Cadets this year (and the rest of the NEHC for that matter)? I know people are usually more diplomatic on this board, but my time at Norwich coincided with the four straight Frozen Four appearances between 2010-2013, so I'm as spoiled of a Norwich hockey fan as exists.
                    Norwich '13

                    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                      Hey Prez looks like we will make a trip for the Tourny in Dec,whats the best best to stay?? I would imagine I can get tiks at the door as well since the students are off.Thanks

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Hey Prez looks like we will make a trip for the Tourny in Dec,whats the best best to stay?? I would imagine I can get tiks at the door as well since the students are off.Thanks
                        Tickets won't be a problem. I suggest comfort inn if they have any rooms left. After that, Capitol Plaza in Montpelier and then there a couple of places in Waterbury too.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                          Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Tickets won't be a problem. I suggest comfort inn if they have any rooms left. After that, Capitol Plaza in Montpelier and then there a couple of places in Waterbury too.
                          Thanks Prez after conferring with an Oswego faithfull who will be at the tourny as well I booked the comfort,see ya then,Williams looks like they will be tough as heck.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                            Speaking of the Norwich Holiday Tournament - Last night in a season preview interview Schultz said that Geneseo will be participating next season.

                            It was a longer discussion about scheduling (new teams coming in, some long time relationships going away, etc) so I won't bore everyone with all of the things discussed, but that piece I figured would be interesting to Cadet fans - Cheers!
                            Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

                            Listen to GSU Hockey

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                              Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
                              Speaking of the Norwich Holiday Tournament - Last night in a season preview interview Schultz said that Geneseo will be participating next season.

                              It was a longer discussion about scheduling (new teams coming in, some long time relationships going away, etc) so I won't bore everyone with all of the things discussed, but that piece I figured would be interesting to Cadet fans - Cheers!
                              Yes...we're very excited to have Geneseo in the tournament next year. Nortland, Geneseo and I can't recall the fourth team right now.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                                Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Yes...we're very excited to have Geneseo in the tournament next year. Nortland, Geneseo and I can't recall the fourth team right now.
                                Awesome! It's 14 months away so not getting too far ahead of myself, but definitely a strong possibility I'll make the trek for that since it's a guaranteed 2 games.
                                Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

                                Listen to GSU Hockey

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X