Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by nujack View Post
    So far so good. Three very pretty goals... that Jackson goal was a beauty.

Is it me or does Trinity seem to be winning a lot of face-offs?

I had to fiddle with it a little but I was able to get the WDEV audio perfectly synched with the NCAA video... I hope this second period intermission doesn't mess it up

I too was in Lake Placid in 2010... while I was confident in that team at the same time a single defensive lapse could have made for a disappointing night.

Go 'Wich! On to the third period!

My synch got messed up over the intermission and it took a while to get it back, but it was worth it. Good game plan, well executed, and no real scary moments.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Jackson should have gotten an assist on his goal

Comment

I want to thank George for his great close to the broadcast. I know you started out with the Catamounts, but I know you like the rest of us bleed Maroon and Gold. A great touch to mention Charlie Crosby. I'm sure somewhere he is as proud of this team as the rest of us.

Hawk still owes Charlie a steak.

Can't wait for your 20th year on the air for the Cadets.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I'll add one more.

4. Cadet Crosby

Amen!

Comment

Well played game guys. Very proud of you! Incredible record for the season and everyone was saying our SOS was not good enough. Well, you were good enough to go all the way to a national title, 27-1-3. Another season worth entry into the history books. Enjoy your earned recognition and celebrate tonight!
            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Congratulations to Mike and the team on winning the National Championship! Great job in keeping the tradition going.

A REAL team effort!!
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                I want to thank George for his great close to the broadcast. I know you started out with the Catamounts, but I know you like the rest of us bleed Maroon and Gold. A great touch to mention Charlie Crosby. I'm sure somewhere he is as proud of this team as the rest of us.

Hawk still owes Charlie a steak.

Can't wait for your 20th year on the air for the Cadets.
                +1 It just seems that games are much more enjoyable to watch with PuckVoice describing the action and commentary. Especially now that I am not often able to attend games in person but even when I'm watching live action.

Great season for the team.... especially after all the "sky is falling down" concerns from last season.

Comment

• As I said earlier in the day on Facebook Cadet Crosby had an assignment to complete up there tonight. Well, mission accomplished Crosby. Well done!

As to the kind remarks about me ... thank you all. What a pleasure, and a honor it is to cover this team ... this program.

Congrats Coach ... congrats staff ... congrats players ... and congrats the best fans in D-3 Hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                    As I said earlier in the day on Facebook Cadet Crosby had an assignment to complete up there tonight. Well, mission accomplished Crosby. Well done!

As to the kind remarks about me ... thank you all. What a pleasure, and a honor it is to cover this team ... this program.

Congrats Coach ... congrats staff ... congrats players ... and congrats the best fans in D-3 Hockey!
                    Amen! We are blessed to have the best play by play announcer.

Congrats to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                      Congratulations to Mike and the team on winning the National Championship! Great job in keeping the tradition going.

A REAL team effort!!
                      This has been a total team effort...top to bottom...front to back... at every level of execution, every position and from every player. What a TEAM,
                      Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-26-2017, 09:50 AM.
                      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

I was never an alarmist last year and thought the program would be fine, but I was one who was worried about their SOS heading into Utica. I still think that was a legitimate concern at the time, not sure why people are taking it personally, but as Prez said, that's all just noise. Congrats to the team on an outstanding effort and a historic season! National Champs!

As awesome as this is, it's been a fun season and I am sad to see it end. Thanks to everyone here who contributes and who give me a place to come talk Norwich.

I also appreciate everyone's kind words and toasts to Charlie. Exceptional respect for an exceptional man. Norwich Forever!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
                        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

And is George's call of the game archived somewhere? I was listening to the NCAA feed, easier for me, but would love to hear the call.

Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            I was never an alarmist last year and thought the program would be fine, but I was one who was worried about their SOS heading into Utica. I still think that was a legitimate concern at the time, not sure why people are taking it personally, but as Prez said, that's all just noise. Congrats to the team on an outstanding effort and a historic season! National Champs!

As awesome as this is, it's been a fun season and I am sad to see it end. Thanks to everyone here who contributes and who give me a place to come talk Norwich.

I also appreciate everyone's kind words and toasts to Charlie. Exceptional respect for an exceptional man. Norwich Forever!

NU Past Time, my post about the SOS was not intended for those of us who acknowledged that yes it was lower than other teams. And it was a legit concern, but it did not stop the Cadets. No offense intended. However... our strength of schedule would have been much higher had we played Oswego at Norwich's tournament. As it turned out in the final 12, we won against ranked Plattsburgh and tied ranked Endicott during the regular season.

I was very excited to have Endicott make the tournament (though losing in OT vs Trinity in the Quarter finals). Norwich played them in their first game of the season and they were impressive! I like the idea that a new program did as well as they did and I followed their schedule to see how they were doing. They had a great season and I thought they were on par with the rest of the DIV III leaders (still do). I was hoping we would play them in the finals. It would have been an awesome game and story line of playing each other in the first game of the season and the last!
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Anyone who follows this board should know exactly why I post the snarky posts that I do...

I was angry last offseason when a bunch of Norwich "fans" made knee jerk posts about the status of the program and whined about the "decline" and even stated that we'd been "passed by" by UMB, Babson, etc. I said they were wrong then, and they obviously were.

I was angry when I posted that the Cadets would land a good freshman class and return to form and I was questioned and ridiculed. I said then that I knew what I was talking about, and I obviously did/do.

I was angry mid-season when, using my eyes (not stats, not opponents' records) I said that this team was very good and legit. My opinion was mocked and a jabroni argued with me endlessly because he thinks his opinions (while valuable) are the only accurate ones (spoiler: they aren't).

I was angry at our own fans whining about not receiving a bye, and I was angry when a blowhard Oswego fan insinuated that Norwich was "scared" to play them.

I'm angry that some Norwich "fans" came on here to post last year about how the dynasty was over but haven't posted once this season.

I consider this championship a big, fat middle finger to those who doubted Norwich one year ago. For that reason, it might be the sweetest one yet. I hope all the actual Cadet fans enjoy the hell out of this.
                              Last edited by KRBFLINT03; 03-26-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I wonder if one of NU's A/V gurus could merge the NCAA video with the WDEV audio and post on the NU website. I can see myself re-watching that game with a cold one some summer night when there is 'nothing' to watch on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X