Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    I'm sorry I can't be in Utica to watch this Final Four, but health and age prevent me from making the trip north from Florida. Anyway, I believe this team has the makings of going all the way and come home to Northfield with the hardware. If it doesn't happen, it just doesn't, but this team is as good as we've had and belongs up there with the best of them. Anything can happen in a game of seconds and inches, but I think we have the team "chemistry" to win it all.
    Whatever happens, they have given us a great season of hockey and deserve all the support we can give them.
    Best of luck for the weekend and the futures of these fine young men who have worked so hard to get here. I had the good fortune to meet several of the seniors on the occasion of our 60th Reunion dinner held at Al Wilder's home in Brookfield. I'm very proud of this team and what they have accomplished .


    NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NU56 View Post
      I'm sorry I can't be in Utica to watch this Final Four, but health and age prevent me from making the trip north from Florida. Anyway, I believe this team has the makings of going all the way and come home to Northfield with the hardware. If it doesn't happen, it just doesn't, but this team is as good as we've had and belongs up there with the best of them. Anything can happen in a game of seconds and inches, but I think we have the team "chemistry" to win it all.
      Whatever happens, they have given us a great season of hockey and deserve all the support we can give them.
      Best of luck for the weekend and the futures of these fine young men who have worked so hard to get here. I had the good fortune to meet several of the seniors on the occasion of our 60th Reunion dinner held at Al Wilder's home in Brookfield. I'm very proud of this team and what they have accomplished .
      Nothing more needs to be said...its all here from NU56. 20 minutes to game time...Go Cadets
      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

      Comment


      • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

        If any posters are at the game tonight, please let us know how the turnout is in sections 102 and 202. We couldn't make the trip tonight, but we'll be there tomorrow. Hoping we can get 4 decent seats together.
        Go Norwich!
        Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

        Comment


        • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

          Don't worry about it, there are an abundance of seats
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion


          "A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet. - Paul Gallico

          Comment


          • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

            Copy that, thanks!
            Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

            Comment


            • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
              If any posters are at the game tonight, please let us know how the turnout is in sections 102 and 202. We couldn't make the trip tonight, but we'll be there tomorrow. Hoping we can get 4 decent seats together.
              Go Norwich!
              Attendance combined for both games is just over 1500 from today. The building seats almost 4K. seats will not be an issue. There are A LOT of Norwich fans filling up 102 and 202 though.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

              Comment


              • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                Wow... that was close! Great game by Adriian. One could argue that they outplayed the Cadets for much of the game.

                Wish I was there but it is sort of neat sitting on my lanai in shorts and a tee-shirt watching Cadets hockey on the 65" widescreen with PuckVoice play-by-play. Thank you WDEV.

                Can't wait for tomorrow night. Go Cadets!!!

                Comment


                • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                  Nice team effort Cadets, you did what you know best, which is play together to get to your goal. Do it again tomorrow, we'll be watching.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Attendance combined for both games is just over 1500 from today. The building seats almost 4K. seats will not be an issue. There are A LOT of Norwich fans filling up 102 and 202 though.
                    One of the security guys told me that a lot of Comets STHs bought tickets for tomorrow only, and that they were expecting much higher attendance than today.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


                    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
                    HEA Runner-up x1:
                    08
                    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
                    ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
                    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

                    Comment


                    • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                      Is Norwich "good" yet?

                      Comment


                      • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                        Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                        Is Norwich "good" yet?
                        One more win.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

                        Comment


                        • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                          Originally posted by nujack View Post
                          Wow... that was close! Great game by Adriian. One could argue that they outplayed the Cadets for much of the game.

                          Wish I was there but it is sort of neat sitting on my lanai in shorts and a tee-shirt watching Cadets hockey on the 65" widescreen with PuckVoice play-by-play. Thank you WDEV.

                          Can't wait for tomorrow night. Go Cadets!!!
                          I wish I had been there too...but the real fun these days is down here South of... DA WALL. But what great game by Adrian and to be honest they played a far more disciplined game than their reputation led me to expect. They were tough, organized and really put on the pressure especially from that moment immediately following that fourth NU goal. Then they played their game for almost the entire 3rd period. Hats off to them. My biggest concern in the OT is I thought...and I may be wrong...but NU looked tired. And actually more tired than I can recall any recent NU team. Did others see it that way? But like Champions... they reach down and delivered. Congratulations to BOTH teams--both schools and their fans should be proud. One more game...Go Cadets
                          Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-24-2017, 10:15 PM.
                          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            One more win.
                            I don't think so. They're good. They're very good. And if they finish as national runner-up, they're still good. Best of all, despite the fact that they're losing some phenomenal players, I think the future is bright too.

                            It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said they'd bring in a good freshman class and be back in the FINAL four this year 😋

                            Comment


                            • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                              Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                              I don't think so. They're good. They're very good. And if they finish as national runner-up, they're still good. Best of all, despite the fact that they're losing some phenomenal players, I think the future is bright too.

                              It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said they'd bring in a good freshman class and be back in the FINAL four this year ��
                              That was a heck of a game. I was nervous with what happened during the end of third period. Then I had to go out to dinner and was incommunicado for a while - I saw the score, and watched the replay of the OT. Wow that was scary - I'm glad I knew the result so I didn't get panicky when there were some defensive issues early in OT. Great game and hopefully tomorrow I can watch with no interruptions.

                              This is a good team - no doubt about it. Guess this year, we schooled the (mid)West. We beat the Smurfs in the quarters, now just beat the Chickens.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                That was a heck of a game. I was nervous with what happened during the end of third period. Then I had to go out to dinner and was incommunicado for a while - I saw the score, and watched the replay of the OT. Wow that was scary - I'm glad I knew the result so I didn't get panicky when there were some defensive issues early in OT. Great game and hopefully tomorrow I can watch with no interruptions.

                                This is a good team - no doubt about it. Guess this year, we schooled the (mid)West. We beat the Smurfs in the quarters, now just beat the Chickens.
                                NU Prof...I recall another NCAA playoff when we met in Lake Placid...and again it was a Freshman Pier Oliver Coutiner who brought home the bacon in that OT marathon vs. St. Norbert's. Not sure at this point anyone is teaching anyone...and to be honest...I like the idea of Trinity. They have a good club for sure...but I believe we can give them a good game. Go Cadets.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X