Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

    Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Wow really Prof? After all this time you've forgotten that its a CONFERENCE award so only CONFERENCE stats matter? Thus the undefeated record, better save and gaa....am I talking to a board rookie jk.
    That is, entirely possible, and indeed, I did forget about that aspect of selections. What makes that aspect odder is the fact that all-conference selections are used as a basis for all-American selection. This means (I don't think it applies here) that a very close selection based on conference statistics only could eliminate a player from AA consideration, even if his level of play overall was superior. That is an interesting way to run a Railroad.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      That is, entirely possible, and indeed, I did forget about that aspect of selections. What makes that aspect odder is the fact that all-conference selections are used as a basis for all-American selection. This means (I don't think it applies here) that a very close selection based on conference statistics only could eliminate a player from AA consideration, even if his level of play overall was superior. That is an interesting way to run a Railroad.
      Nik Sunberg was left off 1st team years ago because someone had better SUNYAC stats, but Nik killed him (and just about everyone) in National stats and was left off. You're absolutely right. I don't agree with how they select a National team for this reason, but like everything, it is what it is.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

      Comment


      • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

        Just noticed this morning, and sent them two reminders. The "other" website has neglected to list todays NEHC USM - NEC Quarterfinal in any of their scoreboards.

        We may not show their results until Sunday, but at least we list the game on the schedule.
        The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by peddler View Post
          Just noticed this morning, and sent them two reminders. The "other" website has neglected to list todays NEHC USM - NEC Quarterfinal in any of their scoreboards.

          We may not show their results until Sunday, but at least we list the game on the schedule.
          My understanding is that the schedule on that website is based on a system that requires input from the schools' SIDs, rather than the website's staff. If your games are not listed, you might want to talk to yours.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x2: 18, 19
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


          Vermont CATAMOUNTS
          HEA Runner-up x1:
          08
          ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
          ECAC DII Champ x2: 73, 74
          NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

          Comment


          • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

            No help from Williams this weekend.
            Norwich '13

            2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

            Comment


            • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

              Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Nik Sunberg was left off 1st team years ago because someone had better SUNYAC stats, but Nik killed him (and just about everyone) in National stats and was left off. You're absolutely right. I don't agree with how they select a National team for this reason, but like everything, it is what it is.
              I remember when Mark Carragher got ripped off the ECAC player of the year...oops, I am in a room where this might not go over well! Never forget

              Comment


              • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                My understanding is that the schedule on that website is based on a system that requires input from the schools' SIDs, rather than the website's staff. If your games are not listed, you might want to talk to yours.
                Not mine. Just an item of interest in the NEHC. It appears to have been corrected.
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

                Comment


                • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                  As things are now (3-0) we should be planning on seeing Castleton next week.
                  The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                    Originally posted by peddler View Post
                    As things are now (3-0) we should be planning on seeing Castleton next week.
                    Hey now, we still have 20 minutes left in the USM/NEC game ....But I agree! Please beat CSC, the only team I really actively root against for past reasons

                    Comment


                    • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                      Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                      Hey now, we still have 20 minutes left in the USM/NEC game ....But I agree! Please beat CSC, the only team I really actively root against for past reasons
                      Ice balls?

                      Don't forget there have been two coaching changes since that incident. I get your disdain. I still don't like them either.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Ice balls?

                        Don't forget there have been two coaching changes since that incident. I get your disdain. I still don't like them either.
                        A zebra doesn't change it's stripes - as evidenced by the game at Kreitzberg a few weeks ago...

                        Comment


                        • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                          Castleton's season has ended at Kreitzberg the last six years, five times at the hands of Norwich.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

                          Comment


                          • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                            Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Castleton's season has ended at Kreitzberg the last six years, five times at the hands of Norwich.
                            I miss the final four type schedule. If they are going to not do that they should play a series instead of a single game.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              I miss the final four type schedule. If they are going to not do that they should play a series instead of a single game.
                              Agree, 2 out of 3 or a race to 3 points with the DMG?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

                              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

                                I remember goals like this

                                @TheAHL: Kyle Thomas grabs the rebound for his AHL tally. #CLEvsIA https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/83...692544/video/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                                ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

                                Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                                I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X