Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The games of 14 January - 1 month to Valentine's Day!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Cards

He's an NCAA Senior
    Yr 1 - arrives in January - practices 9x, never dresses and gets high ankle sprain. NCAA is counting this as a year of competition
    Yr 2 (CHS #1) 07-08 7 GP 1 GS 130:45 mins
    Yr 3 (CHS #2) 08-09 3 GP 3 GS 180:00 mins
    Yr 4 (CHS #3) 09-10 8 games played. The NEC game he was listed as dressed, but did not play, even though he was home studying for a make-up final.
    Oh. I was going by the roster listed on their USCHO, my bad. Well, I'm sure he's disappointed with the way his collegiate career went, but what I saw on MASCAC TV, and the stats he put up in those 8 games, definitely impressed. Best of luck to him!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      Oh. I was going by the roster listed on their USCHO, my bad. Well, I'm sure he's disappointed with the way his collegiate career went, but what I saw on MASCAC TV, and the stats he put up in those 8 games, definitely impressed. Best of luck to him!
      It was a team effort. A goalie is only as good as the team in front of him and a team is only as good as the goalie behind them.
      Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Fitchburg State defeated Salve Regina 6-1.

Not going to try to elaborate on this one, with the shoddy broadcast and all. The box score will explain it better than I can.

Fitchburg improves to 8/9-3-1 and will play Framingham State next in a return to conference play on Saturday. Salve Regina falls to a dismal 1-13 record, and get to play Becker next in ECAC Northeast action on Wednesday the 20th.

Fitchburg State finished non-conference play with a 3-1-1 record against D-III foes, but the weak schedule and the loss to Amherst was probably more than enough to ruin their pool B chances. Especially since Elmira is playing so well.

Also, James is listed as a junior on collegehockeystats as well as on USCHO. He is correctly listed as a senior on the Salem State website. Maybe there was a typo on the roster when it was submitted?

Regardless, best of luck to James.

Comment

Final from Dartmouth anyone?

Comment

Any other updates from Utica? I'm surprised, seems like the biggest game of the evening. Where on earth is Pioneers#1??
            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
              Any other updates from Utica? I'm surprised, seems like the biggest game of the evening. Where on earth is Pioneers#1??
              Utica website has Curry taking this game 4-3
              Retired from the Fan Forum, but a Lakers fan forever!

The poster formerly known as CTLovesOSULakerHockey (2005-08)

Oswego State Class of 2007

Oswego State Lakers: 2007 D-III National Champions and 2010 SUNYAC Champions!

Comment

Looks like I'm dying in my own contest -- oh me of little faith!

3:40 to go SSC 2 UMD 0
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

If James hadn't practiced with the team - that is such a dumb rule. I assume there was no chance to apply for a medical redshirt? (I bet because it was after the team's 4th game that it won't apply)
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    If James hadn't practiced with the team - that is such a dumb rule. I assume there was no chance to apply for a medical redshirt? (I bet because it was after the team's 4th game that it won't apply)
                    Oh - I am out of all the LPS winners contests
                    Salem St. 3 UMD 0 Final. Avione with his first collegiate whitewash.
                    SOG 35-19 SSC
                    Last edited by joecct; 01-14-2010, 08:51 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Collegehockeystats has Curry defeating Utica 4-3

Collegehockeystats also has Utica pulling their goaltender for 17 minutes in the third period. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

I see Westfield State wins tonight 6-1 over FramState and Salem State wins 3-0 over UMD, so both remain undefeated in MASCAC play. Huge rematch in the City Of Witches coming up on Jan 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by MCullen View Post
                          Collegehockeystats has Curry defeating Utica 4-3

Collegehockeystats also has Utica pulling their goaltender for 17 minutes in the third period. I find that hard to believe.
                          That first report has been corrected.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                          X