Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye22
    replied
    Re: New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    You're good.
    Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Some SID's have played NCAA Hockey
    You guys have lost me.

Leave a comment:

• norm1909
    replied

You're good.
    Some SID's have played NCAA Hockey

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Simmon's College
    You're good.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye22
    replied

I've heard rumors of some other Boston area schools considering adding women's hockey...Perhaps this arena could put them over the edge on adding?
    Any word on who? MIT has their own arena so it wouldn't be them. Again, could be Suffolk and Wentworth. I've always thought it would be cool if Simmons College added hockey, and some of the other Women's schools around the state too (Wellesley, Mount Holyoke etc.).
    Last edited by Buckeye22; 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

The Bruin's new practice facility in Allston-Brighton is nearing completion. The arena will be called Warrior Ice Arena. I read an article a few months ago in the Globe in which the developer says he envisions DIII college hockey being played there. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or more that that might actually end up happening. It would be nice for both Suffolk and Wentworth to finally have a quality arena to call home on a permanent bases and bring an end to the semi-nomadic lives they've been leading. Basically the new arena could be Boston's version of the HarborCenter in Buffalo, which is currently the Sabre's practice facility, home of Canisius hockey (NCAA DI), the Buffalo Beauts (NWHL) and the Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL). The 650 seat capacity of the new place would be perfect for Suffolk and Wentworth. Hope it happens for them.
    I've heard rumors of some other Boston area schools considering adding women's hockey...Perhaps this arena could put them over the edge on adding?

Leave a comment:

• Birdwatcher
    replied

The Bruin's new practice facility in Allston-Brighton is nearing completion. The arena will be called Warrior Ice Arena. I read an article a few months ago in the Globe in which the developer says he envisions DIII college hockey being played there. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or more that that might actually end up happening. It would be nice for both Suffolk and Wentworth to finally have a quality arena to call home on a permanent bases and bring an end to the semi-nomadic lives they've been leading. Basically the new arena could be Boston's version of the HarborCenter in Buffalo, which is currently the Sabre's practice facility, home of Canisius hockey (NCAA DI), the Buffalo Beauts (NWHL) and the Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL). The 650 seat capacity of the new place would be perfect for Suffolk and Wentworth. Hope it happens for them.
    This is also the new home of the NYS boys high school championships.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye22
    started a topic New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

Working...
X