Daniel Webster scheduling partner for NEHC in 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Webster scheduling partner for NEHC in 2016-17

Daniel Webster will take place of UNE for 2016-17 season as scheduling partner.

http://nehockeyconference.com/men/pres1516/201512/dec17dwc.php
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 12-17-2015, 11:40 AM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Daniel Webster scheduling partner for NEHC in 2016-17

Cannon fodder
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Daniel Webster will take place of UNE for 2016-17 season as scheduling partner.

http://nehockeyconference.com/men/pr...2/dec17dwc.php
      OK, so are they joining the conference or just scheduling games with every team in the conference?
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        OK, so are they joining the conference or just scheduling games with every team in the conference?
        And if not joining the conference properly, will these games count for conference standings because everyone is playing them home and away (like Morrisville was), or not (like Canton now)?
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          And if not joining the conference properly, will these games count for conference standings because everyone is playing them home and away (like Morrisville was), or not (like Canton now)?
          My understanding is they are not joining the conference for the 2016-17 season. Simply a scheduling agreement for next year. As far as I know, the games will not count for the league standings either.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

My understanding is they are not joining the conference for the 2016-17 season. Simply a scheduling agreement for next year. As far as I know, the games will not count for the league standings either.
            I think there a few things in play here. One with St. A's leaving the D2 ranks there is not going to much of a D2 league with the most attractive team leaving. I have not learned much about St. Mike's status but I understand they are going to continue as a D2 program. Will St. Mike's continue playing the ECAC E or join another league or play only a D2 schedule?

What is very concerning is another strong program is leaving the ECAC E along with there excellent hockey facilities. The other program was Salem State a few years ago. I wish the ECAC E could add a couple of teams like Plymouth or Nichols but the Northeast and the MASCAC seem to be developing into strong leagues on there own.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

The ECAC East is no longer a conference its the NEHC now. From what I have heard if they don't go D3 by next year they will be removed from the NEHC. If St. Mikes does not move to D3 then look at the possibility of them moving forward as an 8 team conference and booting Daniel Webster out as well. The D2's don't just play a D2 only schedule and most likely never will. I think it would be smart on the NEHC's part for them to keep St. Mikes as a scheduling partner if they remain a D2 and move Daniel Webster as a full member.

Originally posted by hawk View Post
              I think there a few things in play here. One with St. A's leaving the D2 ranks there is not going to much of a D2 league with the most attractive team leaving. I have not learned much about St. Mike's status but I understand they are going to continue as a D2 program. Will St. Mike's continue playing the ECAC E or join another league or play only a D2 schedule?

What is very concerning is another strong program is leaving the ECAC E along with there excellent hockey facilities. The other program was Salem State a few years ago. I wish the ECAC E could add a couple of teams like Plymouth or Nichols but the Northeast and the MASCAC seem to be developing into strong leagues on there own.
              Last edited by cooperalls; 01-05-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                The ECAC East is no longer a conference its the NEHC now. From what I have heard if they don't go D3 by next year they will be removed from the NEHC. If St. Mikes does not move to D3 then look at the possibility of them moving forward as an 8 team conference and booting Daniel Webster out as well. The D2's don't just play a D2 only schedule and most likely never will. I think it would be smart on the NEHC's part for them to keep St. Mikes as a scheduling partner if they remain a D2 and move Daniel Webster as a full member.
                Daniel Webster is not a member of the NEHC for 2016-17. They are simply a scheduling partner as of right now. The games do not count in the NEHC standings. They literally are just filling the void of UNE on the schedule for next year and it gives a independent team 18 guaranteed games to help them fill a schedule.

What purpose would keeping Saint Michael's as a scheduling partner serve if they remain D2? The reason why they are in the bind they are is because the games against them do not count for NCAA purposes and they are not eligible for the league playoffs.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Ok. St. As will be a D-III next season, but don't they still have 2 more years of "cleansing" before they'd be tournament eligible?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Ok. St. As will be a D-III next season, but don't they still have 2 more years of "cleansing" before they'd be tournament eligible?
                    Saint Anselm will not be D-III next season. Their first year i believe is 2019-20.

However, it's about "making the commitment" to be D-III.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Prez updated the date question, but to your question, games do count against teams in the "cleansing" process or probationary period. But, only when the clock starts ticking which for St. As, hasn't happened yet.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Daniel Webster is not a member of the NEHC for 2016-17. They are simply a scheduling partner as of right now. The games do not count in the NEHC standings. They literally are just filling the void of UNE on the schedule for next year and it gives a independent team 18 guaranteed games to help them fill a schedule.

What purpose would keeping Saint Michael's as a scheduling partner serve if they remain D2? The reason why they are in the bind they are is because the games against them do not count for NCAA purposes and they are not eligible for the league playoffs.
                        What purpose is it to have a 7 team conference playoff then? If you ask me if games don't count then what is the difference with Saint A's or St. Mikes all of these years? Wake up and support D3 hockey. If Saint A's is on provisional D3 membership do their games count towards NCAA D3 standings, power rankings or conference? I know they can't make the NCAA tournament as a provisional member so I have to imagine that they will not be eligible for conference playoffs again. It makes no sense to me either make Daniel Webster a member so they can bring the playoff tournament back to eight next year or what is the purpose to do exactly what Saint A's and St. Mikes has been doing all of these years which is basically being a glorified member where games count but they can't play in playoffs. Let them try and compete.

Comment

What purpose has it served keeping St. Mikes or Saint A's around for the last 20 years other than to appease as travel partners. They have been glorified scheduling partners all along have they not?

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                            What purpose is it to have a 7 team conference playoff then? If you ask me if games don't count then what is the difference with Saint A's or St. Mikes all of these years? Wake up and support D3 hockey. If Saint A's is on provisional D3 membership do their games count towards NCAA D3 standings, power rankings or conference? I know they can't make the NCAA tournament as a provisional member so I have to imagine that they will not be eligible for conference playoffs again. It makes no sense to me either make Daniel Webster a member so they can bring the playoff tournament back to eight next year or what is the purpose to do exactly what Saint A's and St. Mikes has been doing all of these years which is basically being a glorified member where games count but they can't play in playoffs. Let them try and compete.
                            Because it would only be a 7-member D3 conference until Saint Anselm is full D3. Then it's a perfect 8-team league. Why is everyone so scared of having an 8 team league?
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Because it would only be a 7-member D3 conference until Saint Anselm is full D3. Then it's a perfect 8-team league. Why is everyone so scared of having an 8 team league?
                              I like 8 team leagues. In D-I, it allows 28 conference games. In D-III - 14. That will help a few NEHC conference members besides Norwich
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X