Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/28 - Bears on the skids? Polar Bears in a Gully? Bulldogs on Point! SCORES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    How does this count in the season records because of the non-NCAA rules for overtime.? Will it go into the record books as a tie?
    Memory serving me correctly as long as the overtime is posted before the game (and therefore agreed to by both teams) its a W and L.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: 11/28 - Bears on the skids? Polar Bears in a Gully? Bulldogs on Point! SCORES!

Adrian wins 3-2. Wild ending. More later.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: 11/28 - Bears on the skids? Polar Bears in a Gully? Bulldogs on Point! SCORES!

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Memory serving me correctly as long as the overtime is posted before the game (and therefore agreed to by both teams) its a W and L.
        Correct - a Shootout "win" would have been counted as a tie - but a win in OT is a win.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          How does this count in the season records because of the non-NCAA rules for overtime.? Will it go into the record books as a tie?
          This was approved by NCAA for this tournament:

Overtime/ShootOut Rule 2015
          During this year’s Prime Link Hockey Tournament to be held at
          Norwich on November 27th & 28th, Norwich University has received
          permission to use an experimental overtime rule. The rule is as
          follows:
          At the end of regulation if the game is still tied:
          • 7:00 minutes will be put on the clock and the overtime period will start with
          4 on 4 play
          • At the first whistle following the 3:30 mark of the overtime period, the play
          becomes 3 on 3
          • If there is a penalty during the 3 on 3, the penalized player goes to the
          penalty box and is replaced by another player and the non-offending team
          adds one player to the ice making it a 4 on 3. At the end of the penalty the
          player comes out of the penalty box and 4 on 4 continues live. At the next
          whistle, play goes back to 3 on 3 for the remainder of the game.
          • If play is still tied, the shootout protocol in the NCAA Ice Hockey Rule Book
          Appendix B now takes place in all games EXCEPT the third place game.
          The third place game ends in a tie (after overtime with no shootout).

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

When I heard about the overtime format, I scratched my head a little. After watching it....I think I like it.....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              When I heard about the overtime format, I scratched my head a little. After watching it....I think I like it.....
              opens it up...I think it would do away with a lot of ties !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Wow, what a game! Both teams played very well, but I think Norwich, despite losing in OT, benefited the most. They played an excellent game against the number two ranked Cardinals and became the first team to break the Cards record of 100% on the penalty kill. The Cadets also broke out of their scoring slump of averaging only 2.25 goals per game before tonight and a 3/8 games being won by only 1 goal. In my opinion, this game again proved the character of the Norwich team by never giving up despite some very frustrating moments in the game. This was one of the best Primelink championship games I have seen in the history of the tournament, and both the Cadets and the Cardinals should be very proud of their performance. Thanks to both teams for making this evening very entertaining!
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Plattsburgh wins it!
                  Looks like Plattsburgh won 5-3 after the 3rd period, but then Norwich tied it in the first OT then Plattsburgh won at 2:45 of the 2 OT
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    Wow, what a game! Both teams played very well, but I think Norwich, despite losing in OT, benefited the most. They played an excellent game against the number two ranked Cardinals and became the first team to break the Cards record of 100% on the penalty kill. The Cadets also broke out of their scoring slump of averaging only 2.25 goals per game before tonight and a 3/8 games being won by only 1 goal. In my opinion, this game again proved the character of the Norwich team by never giving up despite some very frustrating moments in the game. This was one of the best Primelink championship games I have seen in the history of the tournament, and both the Cadets and the Cardinals should be very proud of their performance. Thanks to both teams for making this evening very entertaining!
                    +++1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                      You were close ;) Besides that tho, great hockey game....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Oh well, I didn't look at the Middlebury game stats before I wrote this

It seems that all the box scores from USCHO and the Div III sites are all messed up as to when goals were scored ie: the second period only had Norwich scoring and not the 3 consecutive goals by Plattsburgh. Did I fall asleep during the game or are the score sheets messed up.

I liked the OT set up, still has the sudden death appeal but lets team work get the credit for a win, instead of an individual effort.
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Hey Prez - the Box Score does not match what happened. What happened?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It also says nobody was there !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              It also says nobody was there !
                              It was too crowded - nobody went.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The forces of good have come through - all is good with the world
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X