Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elmira College 15-16

http://www.mytwintiers.com/news/loca...in-first-arena

It's about time ! Good move for EC and Elmira's community. Purple seats will now be used for the purpose! If Oswego and Utica can do it ,, here we come too.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Ask yourself this: How many people won't drive from Pine City to First Arena compared to how many people from the City don't drive out to Pine City anymore but might take a shorter drive to First Arena. You're talking 0.7 miles to First Arena compared to nearly 10 to Murray. Plattsburgh never had a student section either. It took the players and a big push from the administration (yup you have to want it) and now there is.

In short, I will venture to say Elmira GAINS more fans than they do LOSE what they have now....
      Pine Valley - Pine City is on the opposite side of Elmira. And there is the Ye Old Hickory House in Pine Valley for the finest in dining experiences.

The administration of the college abandoned this program 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        Pine Valley - Pine City is on the opposite side of Elmira. And there is the Ye Old Hickory House in Pine Valley for the finest in dining experiences.

The administration of the college abandoned this program 10 years ago.
        Valley City, same chit different day. Fact is there is little to nothing around Murray. As far as the Hickory House....yea...Ill drive into Elmira or wait till after the game to eat thanks...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Will be change EC playing downtown. I know one of the reason, Albert played at EC was the domes. I sure in the long run will be better for both hockey teams. We never went to Hickory House after games, was good food and cold beer before though. Bigger Issues are getting some role players.

Comment

Something has to be done. I never wanted to see EC move downtown. I like the feel of the domes. Closeness to the ice. My kids have a mountain of pucks they've collected through the years from players and ref's. The freedom to sit where you like with who you like. Downtown is a never ending commercial every time play stops. BUT....when an alumni and 25 year booster member, that scheduled his entire winter life around EC games, lost interest to the point that I didn't even know and ECAC-West tournament game was being played until I saw the score in the paper a couple days later it's time to do something.

Comment

Rink Ownership

According to this story, the arena owners are looking to sell (after only 3? years of ownership).

Comment

Re: Rink Ownership

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                According to this story, the arena owners are looking to sell (after only 3? years of ownership).
                So! What happens then? The College sure isn't in the "Entertainment" Industry, two College Hockey Teams with an average of 25 home games a year between them IS NOT going to keep that place open.
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                  So! What happens then? The College sure isn't in the "Entertainment" Industry, two College Hockey Teams with an average of 25 home games a year between them IS NOT going to keep that place open.
                  Not to mention the Girls tend to play on Sat and Sunday afternoons. I thought the city or county now owned the area?

Comment

Originally posted by RonT View Post
                    Not to mention the Girls tend to play on Sat and Sunday afternoons. I thought the city or county now owned the area?
                    No, The arena is privately owned but the Jackals were given to the City of Elmira/Chemung County, which made me wonder, *** does Santulli have to do with it, he seems to run the show. He screwed up the National Warplane Museum, watch him screw this up too.
                    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                    X