Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    If you're going to try and make a jab, at least quote it right....fail
    OK here is the quote ver batim"I can see Plattsburgh a distant 3rd or 4th come the end of the Regular Season". I am not sure how you meant that, but here it is.

Comment

Thanks, Norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
        OK here is the quote ver batim"I can see Plattsburgh a distant 3rd or 4th come the end of the Regular Season". I am not sure how you meant that, but here it is.
        My apologies. I thought we were talking SUNY poll. Were we?? but, I still don't agree with you.
        Last edited by Birds; 11-19-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Greetings Season Ticket Holders. The following is from Coach Emery:

Hello,

First of all thank you for your continued support of Plattsburgh State Hockey. The players, coaches and team staff really appreciate it.

As a season ticket holder you have the right to come to any and all games that you wish, and we understand that. You are a “paying” customer.

However all we ask is that if you do not come that you would please give your season tickets to someone who will use them.

We do not want to resell your tickets, both the players and coaching staff just want people cheering in the seats.

Again, we appreciate your support and realize you can do whatever your desires are. Our first two games were sell-outs and there were lots of empty seats. Not only is the building more electric with people in those seats, it looks much better when we have recruits attending games and there are no empty seats.

Thanks again!

Bob Emery
          Head Hockey Coach
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
            What I meant was exactly what I said based on preseason numbers. Plattsburgh lost ALOT of offense and big moment scorers. Combined with other teams NOT losing as much and or becoming healthy led me to predicting a much harder road for Plattsburgh. Stepping back from the Red and White glasses, looking at the data, thinking objectively, it makes more sense to have put Oswego ahead of Plattsburgh with all that Plattsburgh lost and Oswego returned. I also was predicting a "return" of Geneseo as they've become healthier.

People did not see Oswego nose diving so early into the season. And with Potsdams start, had Plattsburgh lost Friday night (and probably should have as most teams dont come back from 2 goals down in a game, let alone twice) they would benjist 1 point above 3rd going into Saturday night.

A 4-0-0 SUNYAC start is great, but let's not start writing our ticket to Lake Placid yet. 3 of the 4 games Plattsburgh has found themselves behind, that's playing with fire. As good as the SUNYAC has become, and a TON of tough games ahead, a 1-3-1 stretch themselves and guess where Plattsburgh is. You can say how you don't see Plattsburgh having a 1-3-1 stretch, but Oswego fans thought the same too.

LikeI said before, my "beef" was on a poll that goes by what you did last year and not what is expected the current year. When you lose 50% of your offense, I'm sorry but that's a lot of questions to be answered to rank someone #1 when the #2 team only lost a handful of points. Once again you have to take the glasses off and look at things as a hockey fan, not a Cardinal fan. Nehr, Egan, Owens have all been great contributes. That's something you just don't know until the season starts.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              What I meant was exactly what I said based on preseason numbers. Plattsburgh lost ALOT of offense and big moment scorers. Combined with other teams NOT losing as much and or becoming healthy led me to predicting a much harder road for Plattsburgh. Stepping back from the Red and White glasses, looking at the data, thinking objectively, it makes more sense to have put Oswego ahead of Plattsburgh with all that Plattsburgh lost and Oswego returned. I also was predicting a "return" of Geneseo as they've become healthier.

People did not see Oswego nose diving so early into the season. And with Potsdams start, had Plattsburgh lost Friday night (and probably should have as most teams dont come back from 2 goals down in a game, let alone twice) they would benjist 1 point above 3rd going into Saturday night.

A 4-0-0 SUNYAC start is great, but let's not start writing our ticket to Lake Placid yet. 3 of the 4 games Plattsburgh has found themselves behind, that's playing with fire. As good as the SUNYAC has become, and a TON of tough games ahead, a 1-3-1 stretch themselves and guess where Plattsburgh is. You can say how you don't see Plattsburgh having a 1-3-1 stretch, but Oswego fans thought the same too.

LikeI said before, my "beef" was on a poll that goes by what you did last year and not what is expected the current year. When you lose 50% of your offense, I'm sorry but that's a lot of questions to be answered to rank someone #1 when the #2 team only lost a handful of points. Once again you have to take the glasses off and look at things as a hockey fan, not a Cardinal fan. Nehr, Egan, Owens have all been great contributes. That's something you just don't know until the season starts.
              Re my, I have been and always will be a Cardinal fan. I see things Red and White only. I care not for your statistics. Don't be offended.

Comment

Well, here we go!!! Should be an exciting night of Cardinal Hockey!!! I like the way our team is playing right now and they are showing what it takes to win. We saw that in Oswego. I think there is a lot of emotion and good leadership at this time and that is part of the game for sure. Sooooo, my money is on the Cards. Who else of course. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Watch the game here (6:50pm).
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    Thanks Norm, you're good egg!
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

A good old-fashioned, behind the woodshed whoopin'. Bears didn't look ready, and were no match for Cardinals speed. You can see some strides the Bears have made, but they got behind early and that's something they could not afford to do. Cards will now bring that speed to the big ice surface at Kreitzberg against Middlebury and probably Norwich.

Comment

double the shots and 4 of 5 on the PP thats all I needed to see in the box

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Amen...
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Yup that says it all. As you may guess, this was a very entertaining, enjoyable night of Cardinal hockey for the Bird fans. Now we move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              4 of 5 on the PP, and the one they didn't score wasn't a full 2:00 because the game ended before the PP (which didn't stop them from have a couple big opportunities). Last night was the best I've seen Plattsburgh's power play in years. If that type of play on the PP can continue, this fast and aggressive team could be a force to be reckoned with!

Plattsburgh at 35.3% on the power play this season now. Considering at mid-season last year I recall them being in single digits, I'd say an improvement has been shown. What's perhaps more impressive, though, is the 16/16 on the PK... #SpecialTeamsWinGames
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                4 of 5 on the PP, and the one they didn't score wasn't a full 2:00 because the game ended before the PP (which didn't stop them from have a couple big opportunities). Last night was the best I've seen Plattsburgh's power play in years. If that type of play on the PP can continue, this fast and aggressive team could be a force to be reckoned with!

Plattsburgh at 35.3% on the power play this season now. Considering at mid-season last year I recall them being in single digits, I'd say an improvement has been shown. What's perhaps more impressive, though, is the 16/16 on the PK... #SpecialTeamsWinGames
                                special teams are a huge part of winning,both PP and PK,and no shg's,the special teams aspect changes the momentum of the game for both teams,none more than the shg.I have repeated it on the Oswego thread special teams have killed us in the the past several final 4's/quater's we have been in.......Platty looks to be clicking on all,not just special teams, cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                                X