Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    There's medicine for that.
    Ha Ha! Tic season is over isn't it or not really!

Comment

I had seen this timeline on the entry for the exhibition game, but this announcement hadn't been posted yet, so I could only hope that this timeline was extending to all regular season home games...

And now, all I can say is HALLELUJAH!
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Plattsburgh State Tops SUNYAC Preseason Poll

2015-16 SUNYAC Men's Ice Hockey Preseason Poll:

1. Plattsburgh (62)
        2. Oswego (59)
        3. Geneseo (50)
        4. Brockport (37)
        5. Potsdam (34)
        6. Buffalo State (31)
        7. Cortland (23)
        8. Morrisville (15)
        9. Fredonia (13)
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          I know its just a poll (and preseason at that) but I'd like to see the guidelines (if any) for selections. If you want to call it a "where did you finish last year" poll, ok, but Plattsburgh has lost waaaaayyyyy too much to be realistically #1 IMO. Season goal? Of course. Realistic expectation? Idk. I can see Plattsburgh a distant 3rd or 4th come the end of the regular season.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            I know its just a poll (and preseason at that) but I'd like to see the guidelines (if any) for selections. If you want to call it a "where did you finish last year" poll, ok, but Plattsburgh has lost waaaaayyyyy too much to be realistically #1 IMO. Season goal? Of course. Realistic expectation? Idk. I can see Plattsburgh a distant 3rd or 4th come the end of the regular season.
            Can't agree. Yes losses but not unlike other years with the exception of two major, outstanding players difficult to replace.. Next year we can talk when we lose 9 seniors. No disrespect to anyone intended. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
              Can't agree. Yes losses but not unlike other years with the exception of two major, outstanding players difficult to replace.. Next year we can talk when we lose 9 seniors. No disrespect to anyone intended. We shall see.
              Numbers don't lie, there's being optimistic and realistic
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I am sure Platty will be solid on D, but man that is a good bunch of goals to replace, as far as character of the guys moving on I dont know,sometimes that is a big thing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  I am sure Platty will be solid on D, but man that is a good bunch of goals to replace, as far as character of the guys moving on I dont know,sometimes that is a big thing as well.
                  Only 6 players (that we know of) graduated/left this year and only accounted for 28% of the games played, they covered 39% of the teams goals, 37% of the teams assists, and overall 38% of the teams points. More importantly 40% of the teams SUNYAC goals came from the departing seniors and 50% of the teams PP goals came from those said seniors. I can run the list of the other SUNYAC teams, but memory serving me correctly, Plattsburgh was one of the highest .
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Just to toss around some numbers...

Overall Stats

% Goals lost
                    1. PLATTS 39
                    2. FREDONIA 36
                    3. GENESEO 35
                    4. CORTLAND 31
                    5. POTSDAM 30
                    6. MOVILLE 23
                    7. OSWEGO 19
                    8. BROCK 15
                    9. BUFF ST 0

% Assists Lost
                    1. POTSDAM 39
                    2. PLATTS 37
                    3. GENESEO 37
                    4. OSWEGO 24
                    5. CORTLAND 23
                    6. FREDONIA 22
                    7. MOVILLE 15
                    8. BROCK 13
                    9. BUFF ST 0

% Points Lost
                    1. PLATTS 38
                    2. GENESEO 36
                    3. POTSDAM 36
                    4. FREDONIA 28
                    5. CORTLAND 26
                    6. OSWEGO 22
                    7. MOVILLE 17
                    8. BROCK 14
                    9. BUFF ST 0

Conference Only
                    Conference % Goals Lost
                    1. FREDONIA 50
                    2. PLATTS 40
                    3. GENESEO 35
                    4. POTSDAM 33
                    5. CORTLAND 23
                    6. MOVILLE 22
                    7. OSWEGO 21
                    8. BROCK 12
                    9. BUFF ST 0

Conference % Assists Lost
                    1. GENESEO 38
                    2. PLATTS 33
                    3. POTSDAM 33
                    4. FREDONIA 25
                    5. CORTLAND 24
                    6. OSWEGO 23
                    7. BROCK 18
                    8. MOVILLE 15
                    9. BUFF ST 0

Conference % Points Lost
                    1. GENESEO 37
                    2. PLATTS 36
                    3. FREDONIA 35
                    4. POTSDAM 33
                    5. CORTLAND 24
                    6. OSWEGO 22
                    7. MOVILLE 18
                    8. BROCK 16
                    9. BUFF ST 0

One may argue Geneseo, but I will take Collins and Hill over the majority of returning Cardinals (no slight intended). Plattsburgh also loses nearly 50% of the conference GW goals and PP goals, once again in the top 1 or 2 in the league. Gorman will need to keep pace from last year for his big time goals to make up for the loss of Toomey, Cass, and Brenton.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Just to toss around some numbers...

Overall Stats

% Goals lost
                      1. PLATTS 39
                      2. FREDONIA 36
                      3. GENESEO 35
                      4. CORTLAND 31
                      5. POTSDAM 30
                      6. MOVILLE 23
                      7. OSWEGO 19
                      8. BROCK 15
                      9. BUFF ST 0

% Assists Lost
                      1. POTSDAM 39
                      2. PLATTS 37
                      3. GENESEO 37
                      4. OSWEGO 24
                      5. CORTLAND 23
                      6. FREDONIA 22
                      7. MOVILLE 15
                      8. BROCK 13
                      9. BUFF ST 0

% Points Lost
                      1. PLATTS 38
                      2. GENESEO 36
                      3. POTSDAM 36
                      4. FREDONIA 28
                      5. CORTLAND 26
                      6. OSWEGO 22
                      7. MOVILLE 17
                      8. BROCK 14
                      9. BUFF ST 0

Conference Only
                      Conference % Goals Lost
                      1. FREDONIA 50
                      2. PLATTS 40
                      3. GENESEO 35
                      4. POTSDAM 33
                      5. CORTLAND 23
                      6. MOVILLE 22
                      7. OSWEGO 21
                      8. BROCK 12
                      9. BUFF ST 0

Conference % Assists Lost
                      1. GENESEO 38
                      2. PLATTS 33
                      3. POTSDAM 33
                      4. FREDONIA 25
                      5. CORTLAND 24
                      6. OSWEGO 23
                      7. BROCK 18
                      8. MOVILLE 15
                      9. BUFF ST 0

Conference % Points Lost
                      1. GENESEO 37
                      2. PLATTS 36
                      3. FREDONIA 35
                      4. POTSDAM 33
                      5. CORTLAND 24
                      6. OSWEGO 22
                      7. MOVILLE 18
                      8. BROCK 16
                      9. BUFF ST 0

One may argue Geneseo, but I will take Collins and Hill over the majority of returning Cardinals (no slight intended). Plattsburgh also loses nearly 50% of the conference GW goals and PP goals, once again in the top 1 or 2 in the league. Gorman will need to keep pace from last year for his big time goals to make up for the loss of Toomey, Cass, and Brenton.
                      If you're Fredrica you hoping the opposite is true; the seniors leaving will be taking their "winning" ways with them as they move on.

Comment

I would also take the Platty D and netminding over Genny's....

Comment

Numbers don't lie, there's being optimistic and realistic
                          I don't disagree with your statistics, it's just that the game is more than numbers.. Having seen all their games this year except 2 and all playoff games, years of watching Cardinal hockey, I feel I can be very realistic and optimistic too. There is leadership, work ethic, emotion, pure grit and so much more that come into play. I just feel that this team is capable of more than a third or fourth place finish. You may say I see things through rose colored glasses maybe, but mine are RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                            I don't disagree with your statistics, it's just that the game is more than numbers.. Having seen all their games this year except 2 and all playoff games, years of watching Cardinal hockey, I feel I can be very realistic and optimistic too. There is leadership, work ethic, emotion, pure grit and so much more that come into play. I just feel that this team is capable of more than a third or fourth place finish. You may say I see thingqs through rose colored glasses maybe, but mine are RED!
                            Quoting Mark Twain: " There are lies, **** lies and statistics". Time will tell, but quoting someone else most of us know: "Hockey is a game of emotion". We have seen so many games turn on just thst. Saying it again, time will tell.

GO CARDS
                            Wally
                            Cornell 67

Comment

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
                              Quoting Mark Twain: " There are lies, **** lies and statistics". Time will tell, but quoting someone else most of us know: "Hockey is a game of emotion". We have seen so many games turn on just thst. Saying it again, time will tell.

GO CARDS
                              Wally
                              Cornell 67
                              Guess I didn't realize that censorship of language was part of the deal here. So much for a direct quotation.

Comment

In the unlikely event everyone cares, here are my thoughts on the exhibition game tonight:

-PP did nothing to improve my comfidence, really. The PP unit has been fairly bad for a few years now, and the Cards had 1 good PP tonight (and they scored, who would have figured?).

-Valente was all over the ice tonight. Of the returning players, he had probably the best performance tonight.

-The freshman: a few that caught my eye, for sure. I was told Stallard was the one to watch, but just about the only times I noticed him were when he was taking a penalty or turning the puck over. Thankfully, even those were infrequent. Ragone played well, and that snipe from the top of the circle was BEAUTIFUL. Engvall is a BIG boy, and he started the game looking a bit off-balance, but once he setlled in you saw that he actually has some decent speed and looked to be reading the game well. That Neher/Owens/Sloan line looked like they have built a good chemistry already, escpeciall Neher and Owens. Owens was probably the one freshman who most caught my attention tonight. 4 of 5 goals tonight were scored by freshmen.

-The defense played well, for the most part. But what impressed me was the forecheck and the offensive contribution by the men on the blueline. 3 goals by defensemen (Neher's 2 were the only goals by Plattsburgh forwards), and a ton of the shots on net were from defensemen or off of passes coming from defensemen. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and could be a sign of how Plattsburgh's offensive play is going to work this year.

-I hate these exhibition games if for no reason than I am always afraid someone is going to get hurt, especially when your opponent usually plays under a different set of rules that might be more lenient on rough physical play than NCAA.

Like I said, just my thoughts and impressions.
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

Working...
                                X