Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevenson starts D-III men's hockey, joins ECAC West!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stevenson starts D-III men's hockey, joins ECAC West!

Not to take things to far off topic but if NYU really does come to pass I could see a tenth school coming form the DC/Baltimore/Northern Va area maybe a John's Hopkins or UMBC by Stevenson out in Bmore or one of the smaller Schools in Northern Va the caps really do a good job of putting hockey on the locals minds so I think it might work

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Lebanon Valley / Stevenson
      Manhatanville / Neumann
      Hobart / Nazareth
      Utica / Elmira

???
      Looks good. 14 game conference schedule (H & H). Gives 11 OOC's. Though, being geographic outliers, I wonder who will be coming to Charm & Chocolate City for OOC's?

NOTE: UMBC is a Division I school. Can't play (as a counter) in a D-III league.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
        say goodbye to pool B
        They said goodbye to pool B when the WIAC came to be.
        SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

I heard there will be no 2-year waiting period for the autobid to kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
            They said goodbye to pool B when the WIAC came to be.
            Now the WIAC can say goodbye to Pool B.
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              And inching closer to that "12th" team
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                I am not sure that I understand your post. The WIAC still remains at 5 teams and not at pool A consideration. What am I missing?

Comment

I am not sure that I understand your post. The WIAC still remains at 5 teams and not at pool A consideration. What am I missing?
                  IIRC You need two conferences to have a Pool B bid....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Once ECAC-W gets their Pool A, there will not be enough teams without access to a Pool A for there to be a Pool B bid. You need 6.5. We will only have 5 teams without a Pool A. Therefore, Pool B goes bye-bye.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

If there are fewer than 7 teams eligible for Pool B, Pool B does not exist. There was no Pool B for the ECAC-W between the MCHA getting their AQ and the WIAC going rogue.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I was always under the impression that the ECAC-W was always short the number of teams required for pool A even before the WIAC and that they were always playing for pool B.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I was always under the impression that the ECAC-W was always short the number of teams required for pool A even before the WIAC and that they were always playing for pool B.
                          During those years, they were playing for Pool C only. And once the ECAC-W gets their AQ, the WIAC will be doing the same... Unless, somehow, Daniel Webster and Canton somehow end up still playing without a conference.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Once the MCHA got their AQ, and before the WIAC pulled their little stunt, the ECAC-W was out in the cold for a couple years. Luckily for them, they had a team or two every year that could pull an at-large bid.

EDIT: or just read what Cards wrote.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Excellent explanation. I have to believe the WIAC will be pushing some of the Wisconsin university system schools with club teams to make the move to varsity. IMO, The rogue decision of two years ago is still one of the most idiotic moves in college hockey, right next to the Big 10/6 of D1.

Comment

Excellent explanation. I have to believe the WIAC will be pushing some of the Wisconsin university system schools with club teams to make the move to varsity. IMO, The rogue decision of two years ago is still one of the most idiotic moves in college hockey, right next to the Big 14/10/6 of D1.
                                Fixed your post. The only DI conference that seems to be able to count is the Pac-12 (although the Pac part is a stretch - I don't see much of the Pacific from here). The Big 12 has 10 schools and Big 10 has 14 (or are they still at 12, with two teams waiting?) If you name a conference after a number, he number should match and the geographical names should match. (In which part of the East is Creighton? Or maybe the "Big" part of the name makes it legitimate -- their East is bigger than yours )
                                Last edited by NUProf; 03-28-2015, 04:52 PM.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X