Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the first day of January my true love sent to me - HOCKEY SCORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On the first day of January my true love sent to me - HOCKEY SCORES!!

does Hamline webcast?

overrated!!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

They had live stats that fell asleep in the 2nd and 3rd period.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's a shame too, as a look around the university website shows that Hamline provides streaming video of home basketball games. I think they'd be surprised at the numbers they'd see if they moved the cameras to the rink this weekend.
        Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
        A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
        A Handful of ECAC West Championships
        A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
        Some National Championships:
        Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
        Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

All last nights game showed was that Adrian is not untouchable. Sometimes I think the only people who thought they were untouchable to begin with were either Adrian fans who are new to the sport in general, or parents of some of their players.

I would not be surprised if this loss makes Adrian a better and more dangerous team in the national scope of things, and hey, you'd rather have your first loss of the season in early January than early March.

I'd expect them to come out flying today, and we'll know even more after next weekends game...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            I would not be surprised if this loss makes Adrian a better and more dangerous team in the national scope of things, and hey, you'd rather have your first loss of the season in early January than early March.

I'd expect them to come out flying today, and we'll know even more after next weekends game...
            Sometimes, a loss can be a good thing to wake a team up.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              I think that was the case for Elmira...

They lost to Morrisville on Oct. 30th and dropped to 1-2.

They have won eight straight now and are ranked 6th in the country. They'll have a chance to come full circle this weekned against MSOE and possibly Oswego in the Lakers tournament championship game...
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Unfortunately for last year's plattsburgh team, they got their loss against Skidmore, woke up to finish out the season, and then promptly fell back asleep for the NCAAs.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                  In an 11 team tournament, what 11 teams can you possibly say would be more deserving than Adrian?
                  I know you fully understand this, but for others viewing this conversation I'd say we can't forget the tournament isn't designed to get the top 11 teams in.

I'd probably look at putting Hamline, SNC, St. Scholastica, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Norwich, Elmira, Middlebury, and Curry above them. They are pretty close with several of those teams as well as a few teams I might rank just below them. I don't want this to look like Adrian bashing. I'm just trying to figure out where they fit. I did expect them to bounce back and beat Hamline tonight by the way. Now there are some questions I would have to imagine.
                  Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                  2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                  2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                  Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    That's just flat-out ignorant.
                    Was it?

Comment

• Re: On the first day of January my true love sent to me - HOCKEY SCORES!!

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                      Was it?
                      Were you the 40 year old dork with the emo glasses that tried to pick a fight with a 20 year old kid after the game, or do I have you confused with some other loser?

edit: Nevermind. You're a Plattsburgh fan. Guess that explains things...

Comment

Although not a loss, this tie with Potsdam could be the wake up call for the Cadets. Not a bad thing if you think about the potential end.
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                          Were you the 40 year old dork with the emo glasses that tried to pick a fight with a 20 year old kid after the game, or do I have you confused with some other loser?

edit: Nevermind. You're a Plattsburgh fan. Guess that explains things...
                          Let's be mature enough to keep it to comments about the games.

Comment

Working...
                          X