Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My team got screwed thread - 2015 edition

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Be advised....I haven't researched the point system and how they do it. It's all automatic. I have no control, not can I see anyone's bracket (as of now at least). If it works, great. If it doesn't, well we tried.
    I'm in. With March Madness brackets usually you can see the other picks after the first game. Perhaps this is the same.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Be advised....I haven't researched the point system and how they do it. It's all automatic. I have no control, not can I see anyone's bracket (as of now at least). If it works, great. If it doesn't, well we tried.
      First round games are worth 1 point each. The points double in each succeeding round.... I remember I won one of these the year Eau Claire won the NC. Pick the winner, and you're well on your way to winning the contest!
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Told ya

INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA® Division III Women's Ice Hockey Committee has announced that hosting duties for the semifinals and finals, which is the NCAA's only non-predetermined championship site, will be awarded to the top remaining seed following the quarterfinal round this Saturday night.

As the top overall seed on the women's side, Plattsburgh State University will serve as host of the finals in its Ronald B. Stafford Ice Arena if it posts a win against the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota) in the quarterfinals. Elmira College would be next in line to serve as host in its Murray Athletic Center should the Cardinals not advance and the soaring Eagles win their quarterfinal contest.

Due to scheduling constraints for practice and game time conflicts that would involve Plattsburgh's men's and women's teams and their opponents, Plattsburgh's men's team will travel to the winner of the Trinity (Connecticut) College and Nichols College first-round contest should the top seed Plattsburgh State women's team advance in its quarterfinals contest. If the Plattsburgh State women's team does not advance, the Plattsburgh State men's team will host its quarterfinal game.

In the other men's quarterfinals, the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point will host Hamline University; Adrian College will host the winner of Saturday's first-round game between Hobart College and SUNY Oswego; and Amherst College will host the winner of the first-round game between Norwich University and Plymouth State University.

The semifinals and final of the Division III men's tournament will be held at Ridder Arena in Minneapolis on the campus of the University of Minnesota, March 27-28.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Told ya
          Losing by winning. Sort of like the Leafs in the McDavid Cup.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Told ya
            Laker fans *****ing about traveling to The Cooler - Consider how Cardinal (men) fans are feeling right about now...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Told ya
              A very likely scenario, suks for the men

Comment

WPTZ reported the decision was made by the College Admin. Not the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
                  WPTZ reported the decision was made by the College Admin. Not the NCAA.
                  I don't believe that for a minute. This campus has had hockey & basketball both going at the same time with no problems. They aren't lazy about putting in the work. They were even not given an option or it was one or the other, but I would be willing to bet they never had the opportunity to host both...
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    I don't believe that for a minute. This campus has had hockey & basketball both going at the same time with no problems. They aren't lazy about putting in the work. They were even not given an option or it was one or the other, but I would be willing to bet they never had the opportunity to host both...
                    Based upon the other thread, the reporter who broke the story has more questions for his 11p report...hopefully he gets some answers.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

[QUOTE=spwood;6122425]I don't believe that for a minute. This campus has had hockey & basketball both going at the same time with no problems. They aren't lazy about putting in the work. They were even not given an option or it was one or the other, but I would be willing to bet they never had the opportunity to host both...[/QUOTEi

I find it VERY difficult to believe that the decision was made locally by the PSUC Administration. if this indeed turns out to be thse case, then it is time for heads to roll whomever they may be.

Seems to me that a near guarantee of a full house at Stafford would have been incentive enough for the NCAA to have forged some sort of compromise decision which would accommodate both programs.

Evidently my opinion doesn't count.

GO CARDS

Wally
                      Cornell '67

Comment

[QUOTE=wallhd;6122451]
                        I don't believe that for a minute. This campus has had hockey & basketball both going at the same time with no problems. They aren't lazy about putting in the work. They were even not given an option or it was one or the other, but I would be willing to bet they never had the opportunity to host both...[/QUOTEi

I find it VERY difficult to believe that the decision was made locally by the PSUC Administration. if this indeed turns out to be thse case, then it is time for heads to roll whomever they may be.

Seems to me that a near guarantee of a full house at Stafford would have been incentive enough for the NCAA to have forged some sort of compromise decision which would accommodate both programs.

GO CARDS

Wally
                        Cornell '67
                        We've been down this road before, money isn't an i$$ue....

Nichols had 536 last weekend for their ECAC NE Championship
                        Trinity had 306 for their playoff game vs. Tufts

Trinity is ranked 51st with an 264 average attendance
                        Nichols is ranked 68th with an 170 average attendance

Trinity's highest home game: Conn College 537
                        Nichol's highest home game: See Above (did have several 70's and 90's attendance games)

As I've pointed out, the NCAA allows for different sites to be used for practice. I would be shocked if the Men's and Women's teams wouldn't have given up their Stafford ice time to allow Trinity/Nichols an hour of practice Saturday. And then could have asked for a Sunday game, as is allowed per the NCAA Hosting Book as Saturday is just the "preferred" Preliminary round day....
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                          Yeah, the Plattsburgh-Norwich comparison I get. The Plattsburgh-Trinity one...less so. I mean, it's another deadlock in overall criteria, but Plattsburgh just gets flat-out smoked in COP (we're talking .833 vs .375 here), and one Oswego game couldn't have opened up that wide an SOS margin. The NCAA just really seems out to punish teams that bow out of their conference tourneys early, and doing so without any actual, y'know, rule to back them up is a terrible policy.
                          There ya go.

As close as the top teams in the East are in a statistical sense, Trinity beats Platty in every objective category... And Oswego and Hobart beat the Cards in the majority of them.

(All that plastic "criteria" proffered by the NCAA -eg. RNK, L25, etc.- are not even worth considering, so I didn't.)

If PSU has to play on the road after all, it amounts to poetic justice... The Cards deserve a berth, but neither a bye nor home-ice.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-12-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=wallhd;6122451]
                            I don't believe that for a minute. This campus has had hockey & basketball both going at the same time with no problems. They aren't lazy about putting in the work. They were even not given an option or it was one or the other, but I would be willing to bet they never had the opportunity to host both...[/QUOTEi

GO CARDS

Wally
                            Cornell '67
                            What in the world makes you think that the NCAA gives a hoot whether Stafford gets a full house or not? D3 ice hockey is NOT a priority. Remember, this is the same organization that receives the television revenues from "March madness".
                            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

The Cardinals Men's team has not played a home NCAA game in 5 years. The woman have played numerous NCAA home games. This is due to several factors including the men's side is much more developed and balanced making it much harder to get to the tournament. Home games for any men's program are limited to play-in and QF games while the women still enjoy on campus Semi's and Finals. The chances are much slimmer in other words.

The Cards worked very hard to get this situation and then were kicked to the curb by ?? (NCAA, PSUC Administration). It's shameful that the flagship sport and undoubtedly the most popular team was treated in this manner. I hope they knock out of Trinity/Nichols and then move on to some"scheduled" road games to finish it off with the trophy.

Comment

And now we know why Plattsburgh's men got the first round bye. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a historian.
                                Larry Normandin
                                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X