Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    +1
    I think the implication was that any true SNC fan would know what "27/92" is...which was the penalties and minutes Point piled up in that NCHA semifinal gong show a few years ago. How soon they forget!

Comment

• Re: My team got screwed thread - 2015 edition

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      They couldn't build one more and make it an even 40? 3,000 Arby's and 39 are in the Twin Cities.
      None are in Plattsburgh or Oswego
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The "Field Explained" article is up on d3hockey.com. Matthew seems perplexed trying to explain Plattsburgh's rise and Trinity's fall in the final rankings. I'd love to see the straight up Trinity/Plattsburgh comparison numbers. By my estimation, Plattsburgh won SOC and L25 (by small margins), while Trinity won WIN and COP by wider margins. RNK was a wash. Seems the committee either A. Ignored their own criteria (that won't start any discussion here, will it?) or B. They continue to value SOS and L25 more than any of us would like.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
          The "Field Explained" article is up on d3hockey.com. Matthew seems perplexed trying to explain Plattsburgh's rise and Trinity's fall in the final rankings. I'd love to see the straight up Trinity/Plattsburgh comparison numbers. By my estimation, Plattsburgh won SOC and L25 (by small margins), while Trinity won WIN and COP by wider margins. RNK was a wash. Seems the committee either A. Ignored their own criteria (that won't start any discussion here, will it?) or B. They continue to value SOS and L25 more than any of us would like.
          And here I thought Laker Nation, Hockey Night In Oswego and Comfy Seats were NCAA criteria...silly me. At least we know it wasn't the pretzels!
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            Yeah, the Plattsburgh-Norwich comparison I get. The Plattsburgh-Trinity one...less so. I mean, it's another deadlock in overall criteria, but Plattsburgh just gets flat-out smoked in COP (we're talking .833 vs .375 here), and one Oswego game couldn't have opened up that wide an SOS margin. The NCAA just really seems out to punish teams that bow out of their conference tourneys early, and doing so without any actual, y'know, rule to back them up is a terrible policy.
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

I'm not in disagreement with Webb here, but "by the numbers" the Eastern Committee has usually gone by SOS and Last 25, Plattsburgh is ahead of Trinity...period. I said it before, we put too much emphasis on 1, 2, 3, 4, ect when with such changing criteria 1 game can change the whole landscape. Losing 1 game, having a team drop out and or move in (Babson/Nichols) can really hurt/help someone (Noriwch/Hobart) and in return can affect overall criteria numbers. If we still used "once ranked always ranked", Norwich is ahead of Plattsburgh (3 more RNK wins with Babson) and Trinity probably hosts Plattsburgh.

The one thing I do give a +1,000,000 to is the last paragraph. There is NO reason the NCAA should NOT release the last ranking. If they don't want to pony-up and explain themselves, then I question their integrity. I don't care if its as simple as "we felt A was better than B" based on criteria X. For those not on Facebook, there is a Post NCAA Selection Interview Show being organized of which they are trying to include some committee members. Will they succeed? Probably not, but you have to applaud their attempt.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

As was posted on the Plattsburgh thread, looks as tho we have a change in the NCAA seedings/pairings

SUNYAC – Top-seed Plattsburgh captured its 22nd league tourney title with a hard-fought 2-1 triumph overOswego. Connor Gorman’s goal at 17:27 of the second period proved to be the decisive goal in a contest that saw all the scoring come in the middle stanza. Connor Toomey struck first for the Cardinals at 5:23 before Morgan Bonner answered for Oswego at 11:34. Shots were at a premium, as Cards’ goalie Brady Rouleau stopped 16 of 17, while Matt Zawadzki turned away 20 of 22. Both teams will head to the NCAAs, with Platty receiving a first-round bye and will face the Hobart/Oswego winner. Plattsburgh has earned tourney berths in six of the last eight seasons, while the Lakers will make their sixth appearance in a row and seventh since 2007.
                (yes I know it's a misprint)
                http://www.uscho.com/mens-d3-blog/20...layoff-titles/

In all seriousness, Dan and Brian do the best they can I'm sure, but can we please find some more Eastern reps? It's pretty embarrassing to read a novel about the MIAC, yet we can find out more about the SUNYAC Championship game on collegehockeystats.net, at least get the facts right....
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

With the quarter finals getting pushed back one week this season, if I was Trinity I would rather be playing a first round game at home than waiting another week for a quarter final matchup (potentially on the road.) Getting knocked out of the NESCAC quarters like they did would have made for 3 weeks off if they had received a bye to the NCAA quarters...

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    None are in Plattsburgh or Oswego
                    Both times we had one it was disgusting. I don't know why, the ones in Fulton and Weedsport are great.

Comment

Not sure if I did it right, but I created a "Bracket Challenge" for anyone who is interested. No prizes, but you do have to register to predict.

2014-2015 NCAA D3 MENS ICE HOCKEY BRACKET CHALLENGE

From what I gather,

1. Register HERE. If you wish to use an alias do so, or use your USCHO name if possible.
                      2. Click HERE to go to the bracket list after you've registered
                      3. Click on the "Championship Bracket" listed
                      4. Click "Predict It"
                      5. Click "Enter" for every completed round to continue to the next. If you do not finish, it will not be saved.
                      6. If at anytime you wish to redo your bracket, simply follow steps 1-4 and hit the CANCEL button listed.

Anyone interested has until Friday to make their predictions. Any predictions submitted after 7:00pm Friday will not be considered.
                      Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Not sure if I did it right, but I created a "Bracket Challenge" for anyone who is interested. No prizes, but you do have to register to predict.

From what I gather,

1. Register HERE. If you wish to use an alias do so, or use your USCHO name if possible.
                        4. Click "Predict It"
                        5. Click "Enter" for every completed round to continue to the next. If you do not finish, it will not be saved.
                        6. If at anytime you wish to redo your bracket, simply follow steps 1-4 and hit the CANCEL button listed.

Everyone gets a point since they wouldn't let me move both Hamline and UWSP up a week, so I had to give UWSP the bye and Hamline is playing Hamline in the opening round.

Anyone interested has until Friday to make their predictions. Any predictions submitted after 7:00pm Friday will not be considered.
                        Which Hamline do I select to get my free point? The top or the bottom?
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Which Hamline do I select to get my free point? The top or the bottom?
                          Good question....let me adjust it

Edit: I think I solved the problem anyways....
                          Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

From what I gather,

4. Click "Predict It"

I am in!!
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Be advised....I haven't researched the point system and how they do it. It's all automatic. I have no control, not can I see anyone's bracket (as of now at least). If it works, great. If it doesn't, well we tried.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

My complete homer pick is in
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X